What's new

Turkey seeks financing from China, says Erdogan

We can make deals with Turkey even while we maintain border security. In the past 10 to 15 years, Turkey's economy grew so fast that it greated an inflated ego and some people started envisioning a restored Ottoman Empire. We don't want to see an Ottoman Empire so big that it threatens our Western territory but having a strategic partner in Turkey is better than a pro-US Turkey.

Turkey can't revive the so-called ottoman empire, ottoman is long gone, we need not play any role in their ottamen dream

if turkey keep the way built by Mustafa Kemal Atatür, build turkey a strong ecnomy first with humble altitude just like germany, maybe ottoman is possible, but now it is impossible with weak ecnomy and big ego

EU\Russia\USA\isreal\GCC\Iran will try their best to prevent ottoman 2.0 ,turkey show off its big ego too early especially when it is still a young guy

I am afraid turkey will become syria 2.0 after the syria chaos settled down

A chaos turkey is not in our long term benefit, we can give them a hand

Last edited:
Everything happens for a reason, we don't dislike them for no reaons, those Turks like "atatwolf " call our Xinjiang and the people "My beautiful land and my beautiful people" and harbor the scheme of Pan Turkistan to separate Xinjiang from China. The problem we have with India is they host Dalai Lama and so called Tibetan exile government, the one with Turkey is their tacit support of Xinjiang separatists and their various anti China groups operating in Turkey.

Well that makes it almost a no-brainer. You can gain influence over the aspects of Turkish foreign policy that directly affect China by relatively small investments.

We can make deals with Turkey even while we maintain border security. In the past 10 to 15 years, Turkey's economy grew so fast that it greated an inflated ego and some people started envisioning a restored Ottoman Empire. We don't want to see an Ottoman Empire so big that it threatens our Western territory but having a strategic partner in Turkey is better than a pro-US Turkey.
We do always have a deal already but they never sincerely comply with it, Pan-Turkism is in their blood.As for being pro US or not, China doesn't play any roles in them, US and Europe just don't like Turkey, with or without China's role in that region.

Think about this, why China never has any problem with Kazakhstan, the country with which Xinjiang shares most of her border and has the closest ethnic ties with. Cause Kazakhstan outlawed any anti China activities or groups in its soil and joined hands with China to fight against them in every corner of the country, they sincerely fight and die for this cause and those who conducted those subversive activities had to flee to Turkey to go on with their operations, so we know Kazakhstan is a true friend.

@Dai Toruko
I told you so, weeks ago i told you China will bail you out..
I have Studied Turkey economy.. you guys dont have option except go to China.. and in decade, China Will own your Strategic assets

In the end rich Turkey got bail out by peasant Chinese .. lol :china:

Let me tell you the secret to solve your problems forever. Co-opt the Pan-Turkestan movement and ally with Turkey. Ease tensions and restrictions, and start talking highly of Muslims and Islamic culture. Make the Uyghur identity and its Islamic dimension a part of Chinese nationalism

China and Turkey can be the major forces in Central Asia. If you don't do it willfully, destiny is pushing everyone in the region together, whether they like it or not. Russia, China, Turkey, Iran, Pakistan, Afghanistan, the CARs have a shared future.

Keep dreaming kids .. the future for Uyghur in China is atheist :china:

How about a much better scenario.. WE OWN them!! Hahhahaha

@Dai Toruko
I told you so, weeks ago i told you China will bail you out..
I have Studied Turkey economy.. you guys dont have option except go to China.. and in decade, China Will own your Strategic assets

In the end rich Turkey got bail out by peasant Chinese .. lol :china:

Keep dreaming kids .. the future for Uyghur in China is atheist :china:

How about a much better scenario.. WE OWN them!! Hahhahaha

China bailed out Turkey, because The Chinese government is aware of the political realities which Chinese PDF racists are not. Turkey’s economy is suffering due to the US, and this economic warfare will eventually hit China also. Excellent decision by the Chinese government, just like its strong move on CPEC. These relations with the Islamic world is what is going to carry China in the near future. Now if China could control some of its rogue officials in Xinjiang, in sha Allah, it can become a new PR victory for China.

Let me remind the posters here of another Communist government (the Soviets) which gained a lot of support among Muslims because of the change of policy from repression/genocide under Tsars to support/cooperation. Muslims were instrumental in the rise and continued strength of the Soviets, until they soured us by invading Afghanistan and attempting to take over Pakistan bringing them down like a stack of cards. Learn history well.

Uygurs are not going to leave Islam, and neither are the Hui. State repression has always made Muslims hang on to their faith even stronger and has always resulted in the exact opposite. Look around and see Muslim nations occupied by Non-Muslim powers and you will see a trend of both resistance and armed struggle. Palestine and Kashmir being the most notable.

I have firm faith in the distant future, in sha Allah, our Chinese friends will see the beauty of Islam and embrace our faith.

Turkey seeks financing from China, says Erdogan
President calls on citizens to mount a ‘national resistance’ in face of worsening currency crisis
By ASIA TIMES STAFF AUGUST 9, 2018 1:32 AM (UTC+8)
000_15Z61I-630x378.jpg

Photo: AFP/Greg Baker

Speaking in Ankara on Wednesday, Turkey’s President Recep Tayyip Erdogan announced that Turkey will issue so-called panda bonds in China to “diversify its sources of financing,” raising money in Chinese yuan rather than in US dollars or euros. He also called on Turkish citizens to engage in “national resistance” and to convert the foreign currency they kept under their mattresses into Turkish lira.

Turkey’s lira has lost 30% of its value this year and the Turkish stock market has lost more than 40% of its value in US dollar terms, most of it before the United States introduced sanctions against Turkey in retaliation for the jailing of an American Christian clergyman. Turkey is running a current account deficit equal to 6.5% of GDP, one of the highest in the world, and is running out of financing sources.

The idea of borrowing in Chinese yuan has been in preparation for months. Last February, the Turkish Treasury announced that it had asked several Chinese and foreign banks to prepare for panda bond issuance during the second half of 2018.

Last week, the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China announced that it would refinance US$2.7 billion of loans to some of President Erdogan’s prestige infrastructure projects in Istanbul.

China views Turkey as a terminus on the New Silk Road project. With Turkish equity valuations close to all-time lows, selective Chinese bottom-fishing in the Turkish market is to be expected. Turkey has also expanded military cooperation with China during recent months, the website Al-Monitor reported yesterday.

http://www.atimes.com/article/turkey-seeks-financing-from-china-says-erdogan/

I think with their economy in such a wreckage state, they are ready to ask for money from anybody that is willing to lend. Their problems are structural, the crisis with the cleric is just the topping on the economic collapse cake.

Yet, China should be prudent and plan well, asking for political as well as economic concessions in return.

As Turkey shifts toward China, shouldn’t you let go of your anti-Turkish views?

Quite impossible. China did not ask for their shift. Nor do they shift out of a sudden warming up of heart. Nor is their shift of any great significance to China.

They are too insignificant and unreliable. How they backstabbed Syria and harbored and sponsored foreign terrorists against Syria tells a lot about the true nature of their foreign policy.

We read and analyze before making decision. We have no idiotic abstract ideas to blindly follow such as south-south or anti-US. We are pragmatists.

So, in the end, it remains business. China invests huge sums of USD around the world and gets good return. Turkey, too, is just a business. Nothing about south-south or anti-US or bloc.

Last edited:
China bailed out Turkey, because The Chinese government is aware of the political realities which Chinese PDF racists are not. Turkey’s economy is suffering due to the US, and this economic warfare will eventually hit China also. Excellent decision by the Chinese government, just like its strong move on CPEC. These relations with the Islamic world is what is going to carry China in the near future. Now if China could control some of its rogue officials in Xinjiang, in sha Allah, it can become a new PR victory for China.

Let me remind the posters here of another Communist government (the Soviets) which gained a lot of support among Muslims because of the change of policy from repression/genocide under Tsars to support/cooperation. Muslims were instrumental in the rise and continued strength of the Soviets, until they soured us by invading Afghanistan and attempting to take over Pakistan bringing them down like a stack of cards. Learn history well.

Uygurs are not going to leave Islam, and neither are the Hui. State repression has always made Muslims hang on to their faith even stronger and has always resulted in the exact opposite. Look around and see Muslim nations occupied by Non-Muslim powers and you will see a trend of both resistance and armed struggle. Palestine and Kashmir being the most notable.

I have firm faith in the distant future, in sha Allah, our Chinese friends will see the beauty of Islam and embrace our faith.

keep dreaming kid :lol:

I think with their economy in such a wreckage stage, they are ready to ask for money from anybody that is willing to give.

Yet, China should be prudent and plan well, asking for political as well as economic concessions in return.

Quite impossible. China did not ask for their shift. Nor do they shift out of a sudden warming up of heart. Nor is their shift of any great significance to China.

So, in the end, it remains business. China invests huge sums of USD around the world and gets good return. Turkey, too, is just a business. Nothing about south-south or anti-US.

it's just funny.. some people think what happened in Turkey will effect China.. seriously, even if turkey economy down to stone age, it will only benefit western power and China..
they will buying up all turkey strategic assest.

One day in the future you will see that god won't make things happe, hardworking does. Let's not try to convert each other, this thread is not about religion, you don't have to bring religion in every thread you reply, it's about China and Turkey.

One day in the future you will see that god won't make things happe, hardworking does. Let's not try to convert each other, this thread is not about religion, you don't have to bring religion in every thread you reply, it's about China and Turkey.

the moment he wake up, half of pakistani is atheist :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

There are thousands of religion in this world. But heaven there can only be one.

Believe in heaven by all means. But never believe in religion.

I specifically replied to a poster who wished for Uyghurs to become Athiests. Don’t be a hypocrite.

I do believe that China and the rest of world will become Muslim. This is inevitable when Isa ibn Maryam returns and Imam Mahdi comes back. That’s my personal belief.

Who said believing in God doesn’t allow you to work hard? I am a professional in my personal life.

You guys have a false dichotomy. Many of the discoveries, inventions, and basis of modern society were pioneered by Muslim scientists.

Their problems are structural, the crisis with the cleric is just the topping on the economic collapse cake.
The problem not just structural but part egotistic. Turkey thinks they're a superpower . A few years ago confronted Russia by shooting a Russian jet fighter believing NATO would back her up in war against Russia. NATO quickly said it will not back Turkwy in an offensive war against Russia. Than US launched a failed coup forcing turkey to beg for Russian forgiveness. They sponsor terrorism and separatist activities inside China. Now they expect China to bail them out. This turkey joker is hilarious. I guess China will help them by buying their assets at a good discount

I cherish Pakistan as our best friend and understand Pakistan-Turkey hand and glove friendship and I have nothing against it, just wish that Pakistan won't love Turkey so much to the point that she has to be against China. China won't budge on the issues concerning her territorial integrity and national security.
The prime issue is that China never accepted Turks as they thought them to be invaders. Over the years they settled with their ideology and belief. Now they are as much Chinese as you are as their generations have lived in that area. Todays China need to find the root cause of this issue and solve that in their larger interest.

We all know that enemies are always looking to exploit these divides and cause problems. The larger interest of China is to regain what they held many years ago 'ONE CHINA POLICY'. In this this provence always remained undecided. Know we also have CPEC and One Belt One Road projects that will definitely pass through this region.

I specifically replied to a poster who wished for Uyghurs to become Athiests. Don’t be a hypocrite.

I do believe that China and the rest of world will become Muslim. This is inevitable when Isa ibn Maryam returns and Imam Mahdi comes back. That’s my personal belief.

Who said believing in God doesn’t allow you to work hard? I am a professional in my personal life.

You guys have a false dichotomy. Many of the discoveries, inventions, and basis of modern society were pioneered by Muslim scientists.

Hey, you have a good worldview which I agree with.

Most here will not.

Personally, I favor for Turkey a shift towards China.

The West will not be satisfied unless they can keep the 'Islamic world' divided and subjugated.

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom