What's new

Turkey says investigating reports 28 truck drivers kidnapped in Iraq

xenon54 out

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
24740559.jpg

(Reuters) - Turkey is investigating reports that 28 Turkish truck drivers ferrying diesel to the northern Iraqi city of Mosul have been abducted by militants, a senior Turkish official told Reuters on Tuesday.

Turkish media reports said the drivers were being held hostage after being seized while carrying diesel from Turkey's southern port of Iskenderun to a power plant in Mosul.

Insurgents overran the headquarters of the provincial government in Mosul late on Monday, making further gains in a fourth day of fighting in the country's second-largest city.

Turkey says investigating reports 28 truck drivers kidnapped in Iraq| Reuters

A10104709_1024x703.jpg

Last edited:
ISIS attaked the City with thousands of fighters. People in mosul are leaving, some fight back but they have no chance without a massive army offensive

It seems that they have come close to Hawija district and Kirkuk which has some Turkmen population.

Is there any maps to show which parts of Iraq are currently captured by ISIL?

@500 @Aslan @Hazzy997 @1000

ISIS attaked the City with thousands of fighters. People in mosul are leaving, some fight back but they have no chance without a massive army offensive
Turkish media says some soldiers took of their uniforms and run away, how is it possible that rag tag militias capturing parts of Iraq, wasnt US arm training Iraqi military?

East mosul is overrun by isis

The army will take back control like before but it's not a solution, Theyre far from ready to operate without NATO help.

@xenon54

They are no rag tag, they are well organized

They attacked samarra a few days earlier so dijala operations command moved most it's troops to samarra leaving Mosul less defended so isis
could overrun parts of the city.

A strategic failure by the high ranking commanders

Last edited:
Turkish media says some soldiers took of their uniforms and run away, how is it possible that rag tag militias capturing parts of Iraq, wasnt US arm training Iraqi military?

ISIS is currently the most organized and best trained terrorist group in ME, abosrbing thousands of extremely motivated foreign fighters that most of them have experience in wars in different parts of the world. There is a reason they are fighting everyone in Syria and still defeat them. Even the ME branch of AQ is weak compared to them (see Al-Nusra vs ISIS in Syria)

Also, Iraqi army is still amateur, it's far from a good army now. It's not always about equipment or few years of training.

It seems that they have come close to Hawija district and Kirkuk which has some Turkmen population.

This is ethnic map of the Iraq:

iraq.1402420084.jpg

Red - Shia, Green - Sunni Arab, Yellow - Kurd, Brown - Sunni Arab/Kurd mix, Blue-Grey - Sunni/Shia mix.

ISIS controls virtually all the Green area and parts of mixed.

@500 @Aslan @Hazzy997 @1000

This is what they control in Syria and Iraq:
1024px-Territorial_control_of_the_ISIS.svg.png

@rmi5

Is it odd to you that they're along the river? This reminds of some hadeeth. Hmm...

Last edited:
@500 @Hazzy997
Thank you guys. but, I am actually looking for an exact map. I am quite well familiar with the ethnic map of Iraq, and also the previous activities of ISIS, and their new advances has amazed me.
Their interesting moves and activities for me:
1) Today, they fully captured Mosul, and captured almost all of Neynava province, which is the second most populated province of Iraq. !!! They have also captured border cities of Mosul and Syria.
2) They have entered kirkuk. kirkuk has huge oil reserves and is also the homeland of Iraqi Turkmen. a big share of the population of province are Turkmens. although they are called as Turkmen in Iraq, but, actually these turkmens are azerbaijani (they speak the same language as southern azeri accent), and half of them are shia. Turks in Iraq are a big population(around 2-3 million), In contrast to Syria. kirkuk is also very close to Iran border and kurdish region border. I think Turkic states(Turkey, and Azerbaijan) need to be on full alert. @Sinan @xenon54 @T-123456 @ASQ-1918 They need to either negotiate for the security of Iraqi turks with ISIS, or send some troops to protect them.
3)They have sent some militants to capture Tikrit which is the birthplace of Saddam, and has a lot of oil, and also its population is in favour of former Ba'ath party. no need to mention that many of ISIS members are ex-ba'ath, and "Haras el Jomhouri" of Sadam. They are probably getting ready to invade Samera again as well.
4) Diala is not yet captured by ISIS, but they have done some activities, which is very important since the region is at Iran borders. Some of suicide attacks in diala and mosul are done by Iranian Sunnis.

2) They have entered kirkuk. kirkuk has huge oil reserves and is also the homeland of Iraqi Turkmen. a big share of the population of province are Turkmens. although they are called as Turkmen in Iraq, but, actually these turkmens are azerbaijani (they speak the same language as southern azeri accent), and half of them are shia. Turks in Iraq are a big population, In contrast to Syria. kirkuk is also very close to Iran border and kurdish region border. I think Turkick states(Turkey, and Azerbaijan) need to be on full alert. @Sinan @xenon54 @T-123456 @ASQ-1918 They need to either negotiate for the security of Iraqi turks with ISIS, or send some troops to protect them.

Mate, you know we have some claims on both Mosul and Kirkuk. Turkish media saying that inaccording to Istanbul treaty in 1926 Musul and Kirkuj have been given to Iraqi state. And they are saying if Iraqi State loses control over that cities, Turkey will have a legal foundation to intervene.

Türkiye Musul ve Kerkük'e girebilir - En son haber

@500 @Hazzy997
Thank you guys. but, I am actually looking for an exact map. I am quite well familiar with the ethnic map of Iraq, and also the previous activities of ISIS, and their new advances has amazed me.
Their interesting moves and activities for me:
1) Today, they fully captured Mosul, and captured almost all of Neynava province, which is the second most populated province of Iraq. !!! They have also captured border cities of Mosul and Syria.
2) They have entered kirkuk. kirkuk has huge oil reserves and is also the homeland of Iraqi Turkmen. a big share of the population of province are Turkmens. although they are called as Turkmen in Iraq, but, actually these turkmens are azerbaijani (they speak the same language as southern azeri accent), and half of them are shia. Turks in Iraq are a big population(around 2-3 million), In contrast to Syria. kirkuk is also very close to Iran border and kurdish region border. I think Turkic states(Turkey, and Azerbaijan) need to be on full alert. @Sinan @xenon54 @T-123456 @ASQ-1918 They need to either negotiate for the security of Iraqi turks with ISIS, or send some troops to protect them.
3)They have sent some militants to capture Tikrit which is the birthplace of Saddam, and has a lot of oil, and also its population is in favour of former Ba'ath party. no need to mention that many of ISIS members are ex-ba'ath, and "Haras el Jomhouri" of Sadam. They are probably getting ready to invade Samera again as well.
4) Diala is not yet captured by ISIS, but they have done some activities, which is very important since the region is at Iran borders. Some of suicide attacks in diala and mosul are done by Iranian Sunnis.

It is the exact map.

Mate, you know we have some claims on both Mosul and Kirkuk. Turkish media saying that inaccording to Istanbul treaty in 1926 Musul and Kirkuj have been given to Iraqi state. And they are saying if Iraqi State loses control over that cities, Turkey will have a legal foundation to intervene.

Dude, honestly, I don't give a damn about political pretexts, what I care about are 2-3 million turks who will be in serious danger, just consider that half of them are shia, in which it makes ISIS more harsh on them. Kirkuk situation should be considered as a new northern cyprus type of situation. What Erdogan is going to do? Are turkish media pushing Erdogan to do any action or not?

Claims or obligations? Intervene to do what exactly?

Back
Top Bottom