What's new

Turkey’s $50-billion jet program in question

In short, you were trying to demonstrate their ability to counter a claim made by a poster. If that's true, then I guess I'm right to say that neither the UK, or France, or Sweden, or Japan, or India couldn't have introduce a stealth Aircraft of their owns, yet those nations are more technologically advanced from Turkey and the GCC.

The US monopolized the stealth technology for more than 3 decades. Two years ago, the only countries which introduced stealth Aircrafts were Russia and China, it took ages to them to come up with such technology, yet that doesn't necessary mean they were weak or so much behind.

Having said that, I believe in corporations on whatever level that might be. Even France itself is a deep trouble trying to make a stealth of its own. The UK is on the same track but chose not to stay un-stealthy, they are going after the F-35.

I understand that, it's true that the GCC can't build it on their own. What I was saying is JV among the countries, in which every country builds assigned parts pf the plane. If Turkey can get foreign help, then why not GCC? All I'm saying is that the GCC, namely the UAE and the KSA are starting to get serious tech of aerospace industry and yet can help out in the fields assigned to them. Plus, the KSA are planning to get most critical parts F-15 SA TOT, they fully maintain their planes in home, and manufacture electrical parts and now their wings as well as critical parts of their engines. The UAE as well is working on the TOT of 4.5 plane at home (don't remember it's name). Jordan established it's own industrial private company which manufacture and develop aerospace tech, albeit it's relatively modest but it can help out as our products reached countries like the USA, India, Iraq..ect.

Anyhow, it was just a suggestion. You guys can ignore it and move on with your discussions. Good luck.

Dude, at the moment I'm thinking purely as a Turk. Did you see "Pakistan" in my list up there? No! Why? Because I know the capabilities of different nations in various fields.

If tomorrow you come and ask, who is best at oil exploration? After a dozen US / Norwegian based corporations, Arabs are also in that list.

Similarly if I say that Pakistan is more advanced in oil exploration, that would be ridiculous to state.

Does Turkey make better Baklava than the Greeks? Hell yeah!

Does Turkey produce the most gorgeous women in the Mediterranean? Hell yeah! :P

Well, people are ignorant. Every time the word Arab brought up they start their typical BS of their incompetence. I spent sometime getting those links but nevertheless nothing changed. However, I don't like hypothetical talks, our discussion is built on sth not real which is a JV in building this plane, after-all, it's not like our regimes would take this into consideration. You should continue in the frame of Turkey, as it should have been.

Dude, at the moment I'm thinking purely as a Turk. Did you see "Pakistan" in my list up there? No! Why? Because I know the capabilities of different nations in various fields.

If tomorrow you come and ask, who is best at oil exploration? After a dozen US / Norwegian based corporations, Arabs are also in that list.

Similarly if I say that Pakistan is more advanced in oil exploration, that would be ridiculous to state.

You wish mouth job..:chilli:

I wasn't talking about you BTW, you don't dare to anger your boss who happens to be me :smokin:

Mate, don't get upset now, we are just discussing.

There is nothing upset about discussion. Like I said building a stealthy Aircraft doesn't cost an arm and leg ONLY, even Turkey can't come up with a jet on its own, which means that Turkey had to seek help from all parties involved, in whatever industry is needed.

Other than the mighty US of A, EVERYONE needs TOTAL help. It's all about the willpower / manpower / gonads and the audacity to do it. Not everyone nation on the planet has it, Turkey surely is *getting* there. The population is just understanding the meaning of democracy and getting out of the trauma of 70's, 80's & 90's. These people will get there.......

There is nothing upset about discussion. Like I said building a stealthy Aircraft doesn't cost an arm and leg ONLY, even Turkey can't come up with a jet on its own, which means that Turkey had to seek help from all parties involved, in whatever industry is needed.

:cheesy: KSA has built petrolchemical facilities at my homeplace Texas, and we are going after 3 big projects in the US.

Other than the mighty US of A, EVERYONE needs TOTAL help. It's all about the willpower / manpower / gonads and the audacity to do it. Not everyone nation on the planet has it, Turkey surely is *getting* there. The population is just understanding the meaning of democracy and getting out of the trauma of 70's, 80's & 90's. These people will get there.......

With all honesty, nothing of underestimation of Turkey, but this is the reality.

Will Turkey flourish? Yes, I'm praying to see Turkey to be one of the strongest nations in the world as much as I wish it to all nations I admire including yours, Sir.

Yeah, I know. ARAMCO is pretty sophisticated, however, still one step below Halliburton/WesternGeco/Schlumberger/StatOil.... I know because I worked as a consultant with them. You guys really are good, no question about it, specially the new breed of Engineers (I won't state ALL of them, let's say 10% of the ones who are returning from the US)

The problem here is, quality of schools. If you went to Penn State, CMU, MIT, T A&M, etc etc ... ALL GOOD... however, if you went to those XYZ kinda schools, then obviously you get what you paid for.

:cheesy: KSA has built petrolchemical facilities at my homeplace Texas, and we are going after 3 big projects in the US.

@gr8vision, dude!!!!! China stole? Yes it did. You need to leapfrog technology, it's the right of every nation. Where in hell did the US get heavy water? Where did it get the first rocket motors? More importantly where in hell did it get the *first few* scientists that gave you the edge? You know where...

Similarly, everything is FAIR in acquisition of military tech, you don't just do it to "keep peace" around the world, or do you?

Stop with the blame game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I know. ARAMCO is pretty sophisticated, however, still one step below Halliburton/WesternGeco/Schlumberger/StatOil.... I know because I worked as a consultant with them. You guys really are good, no question about it, specially the new breed of Engineers (I won't state ALL of them, let's say 10% of the ones who are returning from the US)

The problem here is, quality of schools. If you went to Penn State, CMU, MIT, T A&M, etc etc ... ALL GOOD... however, if you went to those XYZ kinda schools, then obviously you get what you paid for.

Hmmm... I thought you were a brainless hypertroll, it turned out you have sth to share, (no offence although many here would think that the ship has sailed). You are not bad yourself soldier.. :coffee:

Actually it is SABIC not Aramco. Aramco's activities is restricted worldwide, so yes, I hear you. KSA had been investing in US-based companies over the years, if you were a Republican oil-investor official or at least a registered Republican, you must worship KSA as much as the Neo-cons do when it comes to Israel xD.

Well, Education is extermely important, the better education you receive, the brighter your future will be. It doesn't matter where you studied at these days, you can educate yourself on your own.

@gr8vision, dude!!!!! China stole? Yes it did. You need to leapfrog technology, it's the right of every nation. Where in hell did the US get heavy water? Where did it get the first rocket motors? More importantly where in hell did it get the *first few* scientists that gave you the edge? You know where...

Similarly, everything is FAIR in acquisition of military tech, you don't just do it to "keep peace" around the world, or do you?

Stop with the blame game.

Have you forgotten the atom bomb ._.?

Last edited by a moderator:
Heavy water was reference to it. Btw, *better education* is very much relative. Discipline in life with sheer willpower will get you places, you, yourself, couldn't have thought possible.

Actually it is SABIC not Aramco. Aramco's activities is restricted worldwide, so yes, I hear you. KSA had been investing in US-based companies over the years, if you were a Republican oil-investor official or at least a registered Republican, you must worship KSA as much as the Neo-cons do when it comes to Israel xD.

Well, Education is extermely important, the better education you receive, the brighter your future will be. It doesn't matter where you studied at these days, you can educate yourself on your own.

Have you forgotten the atom bomb ._.?

Canim, I'm one of the first few people who set up your R&D at Tubitak in the 90's. I was working to "set it up", through a project, working on behalf of ODTU. That was your first beginning of *real* research backbone, I was just a kid then........ Later I got bored with R&D and education. It doesn't pay at all. :blink:

I thought the same thing once (since i'am relatively a new member here). Until i saw his posts in this thread. http://www.defence.pk/forums/turkey-defence/202558-tfx-project-2.html

Back
Top Bottom