What's new

Turkey’s $50-billion jet program in question

Don't compare assembling/manufacturing Chinese junk with getting TOT and developing latest American and Europian 4.5 generation jets parts such as Typhoon, Tornado GR4 and F-15 SA. Check the above links.

jhbmlf.jpg

P.S=Dnt let anger take control your emotions... lets discuss stuff like men.

In all of those countries Pakistan has much more experience in the aviation field... Mushak,super mushak trainers,K-8 korakoram eagle,JFT etc etc... but yes... whats the advantage of joining Turkiye in a fighter project... when China is already involved in several such projects... which we can benefit from..

Precisely. If China wasn't an option tho, Pak-Tur would create a mad jet fighter I think. It's just that, even if Pakistan did co-produce fighters with Turkey, there would be so many other types of fighters that Pakistan wouldn't buy that many of the co-developed fighter plane

You know the fact is Turkey is closer to Pakistan brotherhood, we have shared numerous of projects in the past, we have some valuable armor inputs to your Altay Tanks. Why would Turkey afraid of working with Pakistan regarding jet program?

A question in mind though.

I have no doubt about the capabilities of Pakistan, but to see them joining this project doesn't look that feasible for Pakistan.

The news report states that the planes would cost at least 100 per piece.
Does Pakistan have a budget to financially contribute to this project and more important can they purchase big quantities of these planes?

Precisely. If China wasn't an option tho, Pak-Tur would create a mad jet fighter I think. It's just that, even if Pakistan did co-produce fighters with Turkey, there would be so many other types of fighters that Pakistan wouldn't buy that many of the co-developed fighter plane

I heard from an insider on PDF.. tht Pak-Turkiye are JV"ing some "very interesting defence projects" ... (his extact word).... hope the project/projects see light soon.

A question in mind though.

I have no doubt about the capabilities of Pakistan, but to see them joining this project doesn't look that feasible for Pakistan.

The news report states that the planes would cost at least 100 per piece.
Does Pakistan have a budget to financially contribute to this project and more important can they purchase big quantities of these planes?

I agree in 8-9 billion$ defence budget....a war ...and a sh!tty economy..... its not feasible for us right now.... but no doubt tht my the end of the decade PAF will operate a 5th gen fighter to counter india... in short even the time frame for this project is also not feasible for us...

I heard from an insider on PDF.. tht Pak-Turkiye are JV"ing some "very interesting defence projects" ... (his extact word).... hope the project/projects see light soon.

Hell yeah. The alliance is only as strong as your joint interests right? :)

Wow!!!

$50,000,000,000 dollars huh? not to mention the cost of 114+2 F-35A and 12 F-35B, It'll be more than 70 billion dollars!!! So for what all these stuff???

Fuvck peace, fuvck stability, fuvck middle-east :devil: !!!

[ @Tanja , your a pacifist. What do say for all those expensive deadly stuff :smokin: ]

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow!!!

$50,000,000,000 dollars huh? not to mention the cost of 114+2 F-35A and 12 F-35B, It'll be more than 70 billion dollars!!! So for what all these stuff???

I feel like though, if TF-X does happen, the F-35 orders will be scaled back. We're only going to need them for ground-attack roles predominately. TF-X will be the backbone along with F-16s that are still operating

Wow!!!

[ @Tanja , your a pacifist. What do say for all those expensive deadly stuff :smokin: ]

Mate are you high? Drank too much coffee?

The 50 billion "project" contains the f-35's too.
İ have no idea why they write it like this. Probably to provoke a voice from the peacelovers and opposition who thinks we live in a peacefull garden of love.

I feel like though, if TF-X does happen, the F-35 orders will be scaled back. We're only going to need them for ground-attack roles predominately. TF-X will be the backbone along with F-16s that are still operating

Neither TF-X development, nor additional F-16 Block 50+ orders are an alternative to F-35 procurement but complement of future Turkish air forces strategy so Never expect any decline order of F-35 cause of any other aircrafts to be acquired. If some decreases on numbers to be occured the agenda, It will most likely be about financial reasons of country.

F-35 will form main ground strike forces of Turkish airforce in region as a replacement of current upgraded but less capable F-4 fleet, While F-16 CCIP + F-16 B50+, TF-X fighters would be a serious headache for countries who have an airforce which may be a threat for TurAF.

Neither TF-X development, nor additional F-16 Block 50+ orders are an alternative to F-35 procurement but complement of future Turkish air forces strategy so Never expect any decline order of F-35 cause of any other aircrafts to be acquired. If some decreases on numbers to be occured the agenda, It will most likely be about financial reasons of country.

F-35 will form main ground strike forces of Turkish airforce in region as a replacement of current upgraded but less capable F-4 fleet, While F-16 CCIP + F-16 B50+, TF-X fighters would be a serious headache for countries who have an airforce which may be a threat for TurAF.

Yes, complement but do we need 100+ strike aircraft? Yeah, they're not really ground attack but multi-role aircraft but their A2A capability is known to be limited in terms of a maneuverability and while @cabatli_53, you seem to know a lot maybe about the decision making process itself, wouldn't it make more sense to cut down on F-35 orders to procure more TF-X?

The more F-35s we buy, the more expensive our indigenous fighter will be, am I right?

Back
Top Bottom