What's new

Turkey Receives 3 Dimensional Protection From NATO

BordoEnes

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
So says Davutoglu:
The protection from NATO will be three dimensional; one is the short-range Patriots, the second is the middle-range Terminal High Altitude Air Defense [THAD] system and the last is the AEGIS system, which counters missiles that can reach outside the atmosphere. With this integrated system, Turkey will have maximum protection, he said.

POLITICS - Turkey knows everything about Syrian's 700 missiles, foreign minister says

We should really speed-up the LAADS, MAADS, TF-2000, OPH Genesis ajd T-LORAMIDS Projects quickly IMO, In terms of Air defence we are relly on NATO way to much...

THAAD isn't competing in our tender, anyway it's a very promising system. It'd be a huge jump from I-Hawk

anyway, we aren't getting AEGIS systems, that part of the news is clearly BS

THAAD isn't competing in our tender, anyway it's a very promising system. It'd be a huge jump from I-Hawk

I think these where actually deployments from NATO nations, Not a purchase :)

Aegis equipped ships form the US and the Netherlands are i believe on patrol in the eastern Med. as part of BMD shield anyhow. 4 US destroyers have base port somewhere in Spain because of this and Dutch ships are the agreed Euro end of that deal. Search around for the links if you want...im too lazy atm.

So says Davutoglu:
The protection from NATO will be three dimensional; one is the short-range Patriots, the second is the middle-range Terminal High Altitude Air Defense [THAD] system and the last is the AEGIS system, which counters missiles that can reach outside the atmosphere. With this integrated system, Turkey will have maximum protection, he said.

POLITICS - Turkey knows everything about Syrian's 700 missiles, foreign minister says

We should really speed-up the LAADS, MAADS, TF-2000, OPH Genesis ajd T-LORAMIDS Projects quickly IMO, In terms of Air defence we are relly on NATO way to much...

I agree with you. Although we have started developing missiles, we are really behind of other countries. We need to work so hard to make it up.

If THAAD deal is real, some serious things might happen. Expecting a full force NATO strike to Iran.

I think these where actually deployments from NATO nations, Not a purchase :)

Still makes no sense, Syria doesn't have such high altitude missiles and Iran is out-of SM3s' range from Mediterranean.. what'll they do?
If THAAD deal is real, some serious things might happen. Expecting a full force NATO strike to Iran.
I think it's still very early for this kind of speculations but obviously, THAAD isn't for Syrian SCUDs and Katyushas :D

An attack on Turkey or any NATO state from any nation is the red line. We want to assure Turkey that we will be behind them 100% and ready 24/7 to take action on behalf of Turkey.

I'm not sure how many posters here are in the Turkey military but I assure you that we take your opinions very highly as you are the regional power.

This should also be a sign that a war with Iran is inevitable. I highly recommend to prepare yourselves.

off topic -:D evil turks doing things against ''islamic brotherhood ''

Benefitting from NATO's nuclear umbrella, technology share and huge deterrence is all good but as BordoEnes said, relying on NATO this much is not a good idea. Germany's unwillingness in this Patriot deal (i definately not blaming them for not wanting to be a part of the mess created by Erdogan) make me think if it is this hard for them to send air defence system to its ally, what would happen if we needed troops? I don't think any NATO member would send its soldiers to die for Turkey's security.

With that being said, i personally do not trust any of the NATO member when its come to Turkey's security. Because i would oppose the idea of Turkish soldiers risking their lifes for any other country too. (Except Azarbaijan)

IMO, NATO will continue to remain as a huge deterrent until some country decided to challange it. And when it happened, it will be the end of 'NATO's deterrent' aka NATO itself.

TurAr de Maizier the German defence minister announced that Germany will send Patriot batteries to Germany, before we requested them and before the German parliament was asked. There was no such thing as unwillingness.

Also media is reporting that Germany wants to send 400 (!) troops to Turkey, I mean you don't need that many soldiers to operate them, that's for sure.

btw its true that the relations between Germany and Turkey cooled down, as my boss who's a Oberst at the Bundeswehr keeps telling me, especially since the Sledgehammer bull.s.hit.

@TurAr

Wise question to ask would be "wtf are you doing in an alliance you do not trust in?"

No, it's not about trust it's about capability, if you can't help yourself you can't help anyone. Turkish army didn't join the operations but we did our job in Afghanistan and we've lost troops in action.

Turkey was NATO's most remote outpost during the cold war, it was us who stopped Soviets from marching down middle east. I think we have earned some favors.

Last edited by a moderator:
We have 10,000 troops ready assist, plus 10 USAF F18 squadrons which should be plenty for any nation to handle. Plus we are confident of Turkey to handle itself. We estimate you have the firepower to take on even Russia. Both Syria and Iran combine don't match up to you. But if needed we will help militarly and Aid.

Those might ask only 10 k troops?

Of course we have more in the region but those 10 K are ready to drop in ASAP at any givin point.

I know a lot of Turks don't seem to want to trust us, and I can understand that. Don't be fooled with what PressTV says or the non Sayers... Our intentions are for Humanity efforts and WOT... We want peace thru the World and we are a force of good. A lot of times things don't go our way but there is a good reason why we make choices. Sometimes people won't like it as we like to bind things from the public... But keep in mind that it was for a good purpose.

We have made bad mistakes in the past. And we are forever sorry!

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom