What's new

'Turkey, Malaysia, Pakistan to lead Muslim renaissance': FM Qureshi welcomes Mahathir, Erdogan's

Dubious

RETIRED MOD
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
'Turkey, Malaysia, Pakistan to lead Muslim renaissance': FM Qureshi welcomes Mahathir, Erdogan's remarks

504459_6620134_pakistan-turkey-malaysia_updates.jpg

ISLAMABAD: Minister for Foreign Affairs Shah Mahmood Qureshi Friday welcomed the emphasis by Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan and Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad that Pakistan, Turkey and Malaysia could lead towards the Muslim renaissance.

Addressing a joint press conference along with visiting Malaysian Prime Minister, Erdogan said, “Statements are easy to make. But to have an effective action is far more important.

504459_9116983_shah-mahmood-qureshi_updates.jpg

Pakistan's Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi

That is why I proposed that three Muslim countries should work together.

At least these three [Turkey, Malaysia and Pakistan].”

The Malaysian premier also seconded Erdogan's view and urged the three Muslim countries to work together.

“Heartily welcome PM @chedetofficial (Dr Mahathir Mohamad) and President @RTErdogan (Tayyip Erdogan) emphasis on Malaysia, Turkey and Pakistan working together to initiate a Muslim Renaissance and unite the Muslim world,” the foreign minister said in a tweet.

504459_7259529_qureshi-tweet_updates.jpg

In a series of tweets, Foreign Minister Qureshi said he was privileged to be part of the Ministerial meeting of the three countries on the sidelines of OIC’s Makkah Summit.

“This important trilateral initiative will go a long way in fostering unity, cooperation and development across the Muslim world,” he added.

The Malaysian premier is in Turkish capital Ankara where he arrived on Wednesday on a four-day official visit.

Corroborating words of Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan that solidarity among Turkey, Malaysia and Pakistan “is necessary for the unity of the Islamic world”, Mahathir told reporters at a joint news conference Thursday that it is crucial to relieve the Muslim Ummah from being subjugated by others. APP/Web Desk

https://www.thenews.com.pk/latest/5...fm-qureshi-welcomes-mahathir-erdogans-remarks

This mahatir is sectarian too and to the bone! anyway good luck to your sectarian alliance

Well it is a start, as a snow ball it can include Iran and Iraq as well in the future. The divide between Muslim world Today is happening in Syria, Libya, Yemen, and Afghanistan.

I rather see there is a divide between a dictatorial regime vs democratic government in Muslim world after Arab spring comes. Iran and Iraq as shiah and democratic countries should stand behind other democratic Muslim countries so their blind support on Bashar regime should be stopped. It is not a Sunni vs Shiah anymore. And as more Muslim countries are likely become democratic like recent Algeria and Sudan case, it means democratic Muslim countries are getting upper hand.

Renaissance in Muslim world I would interpret as democratization of Muslim world. This idea should be protected and pushed by all Muslim democracy nations so that we can solve conflict in Syria, Libya, Yemen, and Afghanistan by enforcing democracy system to solve dispute among their people. The reason of why there is conflict there is because their people tend to solve their conflict and differences by force instead of using ballot.

But we should spare Saudi, UAE, Qatar, Oman, and Bahrain as their society are still content with Monarchy.

Well it is a start, as a snow ball it can include Iran and Iraq as well in the future. The divide between Muslim world Today is happening in Syria, Libya, Yemen, and Afghanistan.

I rather see there is a divide between a dictatorial regime vs democratic government in Muslim world after Arab spring comes. Iran and Iraq as shiah and democratic countries should stand behind other democratic Muslim countries so their blind support on Bashar regime should be stopped. It is not a Sunni vs Shiah anymore. And as more Muslim countries are likely become democratic like recent Algeria and Sudan case, it means democratic Muslim countries are getting upper hand.

Renaissance in Muslim world I would interpret as democratization of Muslim world. This idea should be protected and pushed by all Muslim democracy nations so that we can solve conflict in Syria, Libya, Yemen, and Afghanistan by enforcing democracy system to solve dispute among their people. The reason of why there is conflict there is because their people tend to solve their conflict and differences by force instead of using ballot.

But we should spare Saudi, UAE, Qatar, Oman, and Bahrain as their society are still content with Monarchy.
So why mahatir excluded Indonesia from his alliance? we're shia I got but why you?

Indonesia is way better economically than Pakistan

I like this idea. But keep Iran and the gulf states out, or else it is bound to fail. The best way to bring peace between them is for the other muslim countries to become strong economically, politically, militarily. The rest of the Muslim world should continue to work towards greater integration, starting with Turkey, Central Asia, Pakistan and Malaysia. When the gulf and Iran losses it's significance in the Muslim world, only then can they be strong-armed into peace. And only then should they be accepted into the alliance.

Together we can achieve so much. We have no issues of Sunni Shia, sect curse.

Can even push for OIC getting VETO power in UNO.

So why mahatir excluded Indonesia from his alliance? we're shia I got but why you?

Stop being sectarian . Sectarianism is not welcome here.

Pakistan, Turkey & Malaysia because of their leaderships. These are three countries whose current leaders have openly voiced the sentiments of Islamic world on international forum. Rest are stooges or sectarians heads. No body even knows the name of Iraqi president or PM.. after Saddam Iraq has become another colony and sectarian battle ground. If Mahathir was sectarian then first of all can you tell us what is his sect?
Indonesia will inshaAllah be added in the list as my brother @Indos said when Indonesian leadership will stand for this cause.
If you want Iraq to be included, change your leadership and stop being a sectarian state.

Last edited by a moderator:
What I took away from this is that Democratic Muslim nations should work together.
In the future Indonesia can be added as well since they are democratic.
I would caution against including any nation *ehem*arabs*ehem* with Shahs and Sultans.
This is the only way forward, time for Muslim nations to modernize and join the 21 century.

I dont think they try to exclude Indonesia or Iraq, but the three of them want to be the strongest force to unite all the Muslim. It is a good effort though, so the rest of the Muslim world should appreciate rather than criticizing them. And I also think that if those three are really serious to do the job, others will joint. It doesnt necessarily say that those three are the leaders but rather initiators. The leaders will be decided later after many Muslim majority countries join the movement. Type of system like in EU can be applied to make any substantial decision on substantial issue.

At the mean time I hope all functioning Muslim countries should be a liberation force and a uniting force in the Muslim world rather than becoming part of the problem. Indonesia for instant is trying to solve the conflict in Afghanistan and has successfully get the support from both Afghanistan government and Taliban leaders to solve their dispute even though still in early stage.

On the other hand there are countries like Egypt and UAE who become a dividing force in Muslim world. Their effoort to undermine Libyan UN backed government by helping warlord Haftar because of afraid of the spread of political Islam and democracy is the example. This kind of action should be responded by backing Libyan UN backed government politically and militarily but with the frame of pushing all of the factions to finally embrace democracy, so that the backing will not wipe out Haftar forces absolutely but rather force it to use ballot instead of weapon to pursuit their political objective.

Similar approach should also be applied in Syria, Yemen, and Afghanistan. But I do find Syria condition are rather problematic due to the current situation in which Bashar regime get too much upper hand on the conflict. In Syria condition both Iran and Iraq have to sacrifice their sectarian tendency and push Syria to embrace democracy for the sake of long term peace and Islam unity, but I know that it only can be done gradually.

Pakistan will always be an important Muslim nation due to its nuclear and missile capability beside Pakistan is the second biggest Muslim majority country by population.

Stop being sectarian idiot. Sectarianism is not welcome here so GTFO

Pakistan, Turkey & Malaysia because of their leaderships. These are three countries whose current leaders have openly voiced the sentiments of Islamic world on international forum. Rest are stooges or sectarians heads. No body even knows the name of Iraqi president or PM.. after Saddam Iraq has become another colony and sectarian battle ground. If Mahathir was sectarian then first of all can you tell us what is his sect?
Indonesia will inshaAllah be added in the list as my brother @Indos said when Indonesian leadership will stand for this cause.
If you want Iraq to be included, change your leadership and stop being a sectarian state.

Military and the civilian leadership.
وَعِبَادُ الرَّحْمَنِ الَّذِينَ يَمْشُونَ عَلَى الْأَرْضِ هَوْناً وَإِذَا خَاطَبَهُمُ الْجَاهِلُونَ قَالُوا سَلَاماً
And the servants of the Beneficent Allah are they who walk on the earth in humbleness, and when the ignorant address them, they say: Peace.

I dont think they try to exclude Indonesia or Iraq, but the three of them want to be the strongest force to unite all the Muslim. It is a good effort though, so the rest of the Muslim world should appreciate rather than criticizing them. And I also think that if those three are really serious to do the job, others will joint. It doesnt necessarily say that those three are the leaders but rather initiators. The leaders will be decided later after many Muslim majority countries join the movement. Type of system like in EU can be applied to make any substantial decision on substantial issue.

At the mean time I hope all functioning Muslim countries should be a liberation force and a uniting force in the Muslim world rather than becoming part of the problem. Indonesia for instant is trying to solve the conflict in Afghanistan and has successfully get the support from both Afghanistan government and Taliban leaders to solve their dispute even though still in early stage.

On the other hand there are countries like Egypt and UAE who become a dividing force in Muslim world. Their effoort to undermine Libyan UN backed government by helping warlord Haftar because of afraid of the spread of political Islam and democracy is the example. This kind of action should be responded by backing Libyan UN backed government politically and militarily but with the frame of pushing all of the factions to finally embrace democracy, so that the backing will not wipe out Haftar forces absolutely but rather force it to use ballot instead of weapon to pursuit their political objective.

Similar approach should also be applied in Syria, Yemen, and Afghanistan. But I do find Syria condition are rather problematic due to the current situation in which Bashar regime get too much upper hand on the conflict. In Syria condition both Iran and Iraq have to sacrifice their sectarian tendency and push Syria to embrace democracy for the sake of long term peace and Islam unity, but I know that it only can be done gradually.

Pakistan will always be an important Muslim nation due to its nuclear and missile capability beside Pakistan is the second biggest Muslim majority country by population.
Anyway as long as it would help the people my prayer to see the that fruit but neither Turkey nor Pakistani any better than Egypt or UAE

I wish to see a Joint Task force between three Nations, Economic exchange and Free Trade Agreements , Student swaps and corporation in Science ,Technology , Education , Defense , etc .
and Last but most important, Lets have a EU like agreement that if One country falls under attack the other two will be obliged to send all kind of Help . Later, Add Indonesia in that too but do something this time we have heard about such uniting the ummah so many time, if not for Ummah do it for your own survival , cause surviving as Muslim in this world is getting harder by the day .

I have long wished for this...all Muslim countries don't have to jump in at once and do drastic things like EU did with having Euro(currency) for its members. Muslim countries can start with baby steps...like more trade amongst themselves. Next step can be something like standardizing curriculum up until high school level(obviously not the language part as that would vary from country to country)...and after this initiate student exchange programs in their universities. So all high school graduates from any other Muslim country(going to a college or University) will have met the same standards. This would allow for cultural exchange and more understanding between different populations...different perspectives...exchange of ideas. This can be further stepped up by improving and standardizing even college and University level curriculum so that the diplomas are recognized everywhere(among the Muslim countries). Other areas of cooperation include joint ventures...not just in defense but in civilian sector as well. Then eventually after decades of such cooperation they can even form a NATO like defense pact with each other.

In any case...they've gotta start somewhere...take a step in the right direction(any Muslim nation regardless of Sunni/Shia or Arab or Persian) and hopefully others will join u. For long Muslims(and Muslim nations) have been divided...and have consequently suffered for that.
@Avicenna ur insight on this would be welcome

Back
Top Bottom