What's new

'Turkey, Malaysia, Pakistan to lead Muslim renaissance': FM Qureshi welcomes Mahathir, Erdogan's

I don't know why these threads become a Sunni vs Shia thing. It does not benefit anyone and it causes people to say stupid shit..
Some people are sectarian shitheads and you can see on this thread as well and then they cry why world hates them. They are the fassadis and biggest hurdle in the way to peace.

Pakistan has more potential
Bangladish doing better hope they stay away from the Arab and the Wahhabis to keep the good work going and build better future to their kids

Remember when Malaysia open its doors to the Arab it got corrupted hopefully Mr, Mahatir recede away from the Arab to bring the train back on track

Bangladish doing better hope they stay away from the Arab and the Wahhabis to keep the good work going and build better future to their kids

Remember when Malaysia open its doors to the Arab it got corrupted hopefully Mr, Mahatir recede away from the Arab to bring the train back on track

Either you are confused what the word potential means... or you just like to answer just for the sake of a response.

But well noted about Bangladesh, you do know that most of the textiles industries moved from Pakistan to BD due to energy crisis and red tape?...

Like i said is not what Pakistan is currently but what it can be in future, give Pakistan new leadership most Pakistani have confidence it will happen. it is matter of time.

'Turkey, Malaysia, Pakistan to lead Muslim renaissance': FM Qureshi welcomes Mahathir, Erdogan's remarks

504459_6620134_pakistan-turkey-malaysia_updates.jpg

ISLAMABAD: Minister for Foreign Affairs Shah Mahmood Qureshi Friday welcomed the emphasis by Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan and Malaysian Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad that Pakistan, Turkey and Malaysia could lead towards the Muslim renaissance.

Addressing a joint press conference along with visiting Malaysian Prime Minister, Erdogan said, “Statements are easy to make. But to have an effective action is far more important.

504459_9116983_shah-mahmood-qureshi_updates.jpg

Pakistan's Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi

That is why I proposed that three Muslim countries should work together.

At least these three [Turkey, Malaysia and Pakistan].”

The Malaysian premier also seconded Erdogan's view and urged the three Muslim countries to work together.

“Heartily welcome PM @chedetofficial (Dr Mahathir Mohamad) and President @RTErdogan (Tayyip Erdogan) emphasis on Malaysia, Turkey and Pakistan working together to initiate a Muslim Renaissance and unite the Muslim world,” the foreign minister said in a tweet.

504459_7259529_qureshi-tweet_updates.jpg

In a series of tweets, Foreign Minister Qureshi said he was privileged to be part of the Ministerial meeting of the three countries on the sidelines of OIC’s Makkah Summit.

“This important trilateral initiative will go a long way in fostering unity, cooperation and development across the Muslim world,” he added.

The Malaysian premier is in Turkish capital Ankara where he arrived on Wednesday on a four-day official visit.

Corroborating words of Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan that solidarity among Turkey, Malaysia and Pakistan “is necessary for the unity of the Islamic world”, Mahathir told reporters at a joint news conference Thursday that it is crucial to relieve the Muslim Ummah from being subjugated by others. APP/Web Desk

https://www.thenews.com.pk/latest/5...fm-qureshi-welcomes-mahathir-erdogans-remarks

malaysia is insignificant in grand scheme of things

I have long wished for this...all Muslim countries don't have to jump in at once and do drastic things like EU did with having Euro(currency) for its members. Muslim countries can start with baby steps...like more trade amongst themselves. Next step can be something like standardizing curriculum up until high school level(obviously not the language part as that would vary from country to country)...and after this initiate student exchange programs in their universities. So all high school graduates from any other Muslim country(going to a college or University) will have met the same standards. This would allow for cultural exchange and more understanding between different populations...different perspectives...exchange of ideas. This can be further stepped up by improving and standardizing even college and University level curriculum so that the diplomas are recognized everywhere(among the Muslim countries). Other areas of cooperation include joint ventures...not just in defense but in civilian sector as well. Then eventually after decades of such cooperation they can even form a NATO like defense pact with each other.

In any case...they've gotta start somewhere...take a step in the right direction(any Muslim nation regardless of Sunni/Shia or Arab or Persian) and hopefully others will join u. For long Muslims(and Muslim nations) have been divided...and have consequently suffered for that.
@Avicenna ur insight on this would be welcome

Sorry for the late reply bro.

The first step should start on the individual level.

I just had dinner with a Pakistani, an Egyptian and a Palestinian at a Mexican restaurant in Texas.

We were talking work, religion and politics.....the usual....

I only just met the Palestinian brother that evening but in our discussions, we had many similar views on the topics we discussed.

Despite our ethnic differences, or our different upbringings, the common thread we had was our deen.

And in an alien environment like small town Texas, it was Islam that brought us together and it was Islam that largely shaped our worldviews.

Any exercise which develops that consciousness between Muslims is beneficial whether thats some sort of formal exchange or an informal dinner as in our case.

When you start to bring the hearts of the people together, that is when real progress can start.

I know I sound like Marianne Williamson but thats what we can do starting today as individuals.

As for our leaderships, they have their heads and hearts in another place unfortunately.

Sorry for the late reply bro.

The first step should start on the individual level.

I just had dinner with a Pakistani, an Egyptian and a Palestinian at a Mexican restaurant in Texas.

We were talking work, religion and politics.....the usual....

I only just met the Palestinian brother that evening but in our discussions, we had many similar views on the topics we discussed.

Despite our ethnic differences, or our different upbringings, the common thread we had was our deen.

And in an alien environment like small town Texas, it was Islam that brought us together and it was Islam that largely shaped our worldviews.

Any exercise which develops that consciousness between Muslims is beneficial whether thats some sort of formal exchange or an informal dinner as in our case.

When you start to bring the hearts of the people together, that is when real progress can start.

I know I sound like Marianne Williamson but thats what we can do starting today as individuals.

As for our leaderships, they have their heads and hearts in another place unfortunately.
I agree in that I have observed that similar connection with Muslims of various backgrounds I have come across. However I have arrived at a different conclusion as compared to urs when it comes to making big changes.

1) Real progress at the ppl level is too slow and hardly ever occurs unless it's a combined effort of masses. One of the most recent examples from history is the civil rights movement...I'm sure there existed many ppl throughout the centuries in various generations who believed in equal rights and treated ppl fairly regardless of the color of their skin...but those few didnt matter. No progress came of it. It took hundreds of thousands of ppl and many protests, sit ins, marches, and sacrifices...only together could a difference be made.

2) Another way to make a difference in a noticeable manner is to do so from a position of power. A leader of a country, a general leading his army, etc. If the general is an idiot and he has a low ranking soldier who is a brilliant strategist...it's of no use...that army is going to get crushed. If the general is brilliant and his army is made up of ppl who lack intelligence...he still has a good chance of leading them to victory.

So if we go by choice one...then that is probably going to take way too long or may never even happen. For generations we have seen Muslim nations at a stand still...in terms of real progression. Yeah economies are growing, and percentage of educated ppl is rising, standard of living is increasing here and there...but there is no bigger vision...each country is sort of operating in its own bubble. I'm sure there have been people(like Allama Iqbal) generation after generation who had the big vision for the Muslims of this world...but it didn't matter bcuz they were too few in numbers. The majority didn't think like them and it never translated into anything meaningful. Even if ppl start waking up today...it would be a long while before any progress can be made.

With the second choice...the sheep can be herded and it is a much faster way of accomplishing the task at hand. However so far we have had some of the worst choices of humans lead us(in their various countries). IF(and it's a big if) somehow there is the right leadership...then they can get the ball rolling and sort of create hype for ppl(and countries) to rally behind. We saw a glimpse of that with the term "Islamic bomb"...where other Muslim countries were in full support of Pakistan to develop the nuclear bomb. This same phenomenon can be used to start peaceful non militaristic initiatives too...which can be useful to create economic synergy.

I agree in that I have observed that similar connection with Muslims of various backgrounds I have come across. However I have arrived at a different conclusion as compared to urs when it comes to making big changes.

1) Real progress at the ppl level is too slow and hardly ever occurs unless it's a combined effort of masses. One of the most recent examples from history is the civil rights movement...I'm sure there existed many ppl throughout the centuries in various generations who believed in equal rights and treated ppl fairly regardless of the color of their skin...but those few didnt matter. No progress came of it. It took hundreds of thousands of ppl and many protests, sit ins, marches, and sacrifices...only together could a difference be made.

2) Another way to make a difference in a noticeable manner is to do so from a position of power. A leader of a country, a general leading his army, etc. If the general is an idiot and he has a low ranking soldier who is a brilliant strategist...it's of no use...that army is going to get crushed. If the general is brilliant and his army is made up of ppl who lack intelligence...he still has a good chance of leading them to victory.

So if we go by choice one...then that is probably going to take way too long or may never even happen. For generations we have seen Muslim nations at a stand still...in terms of real progression. Yeah economies are growing, and percentage of educated ppl is rising, standard of living is increasing here and there...but there is no bigger vision...each country is sort of operating in its own bubble. I'm sure there have been people(like Allama Iqbal) generation after generation who had the big vision for the Muslims of this world...but it didn't matter bcuz they were too few in numbers. The majority didn't think like them and it never translated into anything meaningful. Even if ppl start waking up today...it would be a long while before any progress can be made.

With the second choice...the sheep can be herded and it is a much faster way of accomplishing the task at hand. However so far we have had some of the worst choices of humans lead us(in their various countries). IF(and it's a big if) somehow there is the right leadership...then they can get the ball rolling and sort of create hype for ppl(and countries) to rally behind. We saw a glimpse of that with the term "Islamic bomb"...where other Muslim countries were in full support of Pakistan to develop the nuclear bomb. This same phenomenon can be used to start peaceful non militaristic initiatives too...which can be useful to create economic synergy.

Very valid points.

Back
Top Bottom