What's new

Turkey in the First World War

What I think is that if reforms were made while keeping Ottoman Empire Muslims would have been more powerful.

But today instead of thinking about "Ottoman Empire disintegration" we should now think of strengthening OIC.

Well the whole down fall started with British backstabbing they were suppose to deliver Navy ships they always delivered arms late to Ottomans and in end they did not delivered the ships to Ottomans

Ottoman generated vast amount of their revenue thru taxation and fees that ppl paid for using their trade routes which finished once British had stronger army they refused to do so and other nations stopped paying and as result the Ottoman empire was low on cash...

Arabs backstabbed Ottoman empire , and this is why we are not being b- slaped around every where in world ...

All the "Kings" in middle east are the main reason why we are all scattered over -

OIC is useless as the leaders governing are same pupets as Karzai

As for the whole armanian argument , we all know US maintains a list of "possibble" cases against all their allies so those facts can be maipulated at any give time to create a credible casue for invasion - for Turkish Harassmet western civilizations have created the Armanian angle - but luckily Turkish ppl have achieved alot

The chinese are in same position as germany was in WW1 - they have economic upside whole other nations are searching for chance to start war and nullify their debts owned by China

Last edited:
I think if the Ottoman Empire did survive it would have been a much weaker state in of itself then modern day Turkey. Possibly due to the fact of the treaty's signed by the Sultan at that time and the severe lack of reforms that needed to occur. It would have broken up Turkey and reduced it to nothing. If it wasn't for Ataturk we would have been much worse off.

Brother dissolution of caliphate no matter how week it had made turkey or how corrupt it was ,it was indeed a symbol of unity for muslims,well I agree with the treaty part should have never had treaties with the brits the germans were fine,moreover if u r able to look in a broader context then turkey,prayer surmons in british india were started by first mentioning the name of his excelency the caliph,all muslims in the muslim world felt as if they were connected with the caliph caliph was like a supreme leader even for muslims belonging to different nations and western imperial subjects,why did they leave turkey alone when caliphate was abolished becuz when ataturk abolished caliphate he murdered the dreams and hope of the muslim world and that was what even brits or any other nation could not achieve on their own.

Talking about turkey falling apart no my friend if caliphate would have in one form or another survived 6 decades more,in the age of radio,newspaper&tv it would have had a great impact on islamic world their would have been revolutions in all muslim world countries who would have gained independence from imperialists to ally them selves openly with the caliph and there would have been a chance that turkey would have been joined by many provinces today which are countries imagine a islamic empire would have born by the will of muslims from different ethnicity from indonesia to morroco,but this would have only happened if the institution of caliph was alive there would be one voice of islamic world when he would call for jihad no scholar as today would not have been able to question his authority bcuz u can’t challenge supreme religious institution such as caliphate and his call is obligatory on every muslim to answer ,and muslims all over the world would have answered to his call no matter what their local gvts thought the loyalty of every muslim would have been to the caliph I know bcuz mine would have been too.so simply west would not have been able to exploit us like today or attack individual muslim territories like iraq or afghanistan,the biggest blunder of attaturk was the murder of institution of caliphate a great tragedy and loss for muslims,and mark this we will only rise again under caliphate as is the story of our ancestors under one rule muslims show the best of themselves.

Note this turkey by abondning caliphate gained only turkey if it would have protected it the whole muslim world would have been turkey’s.so u settled for much less when u could have had the world.

I admit to a soft spot for the Caliphate; not only did the Turks work at protecting Jews (even those Ottoman subjects living in Christian Europe) it was the second-to-last Muslim Caliph who declared, in the 1920 Treaty of Sévres, that he was "in favour of the establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people" - something most of the Islamic world tries to forget nowadays, it seems.

Also don't forget this...

Battle of Baku - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

May Allah bless their souls. Türkiye forever.

f46e446d7d68f965257fe800f5e46db0.jpg

Zak was Battle of Baku part of World War 1 or it was a separate campaign?

BTW I am glad u joined this forum. InshaAllah u will find it at home here

Zak was Battle of Baku part of World War 1 or it was a separate campaign?

BTW I am glad u joined this forum. InshaAllah u will find it at home here

It was. As you might know, there was two fronts...One against Western powers and the other one against Russia.

Thank you brother. :angel:

British Empire, Australia, New Zeland, India, Italy, French & Turkish army...

Turkish army with Ataturk has killed about 250 000 enemy soldiers at this war...

YouTube- Gallipoli (2005) Trailer

Islam Through the Years - Part 1

The 'Young Turk' era (1908-18) saw much modernisation in every aspect of life and the secularisation of the state. Their leader, Enver Pasha (1881-1922), drew the Empire into World War I, on the side of Germany and Austria-Hungary. Their defeat led to the final collapse and division of the Ottoman Empire. Most of these changes were accepted but Turkish nationalists disputed the control of Anatolia, which resulted in the Turkish war of independence (1918-23). The dispute was finally settled in the Treaty of Sevres (1920) and Turkey became a republic under Mustapha Kemal (Kemal Atatürk, president of Turkey 1923-1938), and was recognised in the Treaty of Lausanne. The Caliphate was finally abolished in 1924. Claims of sovereignty over the Muslim world were given up and the new Turkish state was created - a constitutional republic based on secular law, not Islamic law.

The division of Ottoman Empire is greatest lose in Muslim History.

I admit to a soft spot for the Caliphate; not only did the Turks work at protecting Jews (even those Ottoman subjects living in Christian Europe) it was the second-to-last Muslim Caliph who declared, in the 1920 Treaty of Sévres, that he was "in favour of the establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people" - something most of the Islamic world tries to forget nowadays, it seems.

I might have to read about that part in history books , so much gets lost in time and text I find little bit of bits and pieces here and there

Why did the turks kill the Armenians?

It is true that some Armenians were killed, but not in those numbers, and the other thing is, it was not Turks but Kurds mainly who killed Armenians.

Armenians killed more Turks then Turks killed Armenians. And not only in Anatolia but in Caucasus aswell (Azerbaijan).

And Armenians even continued it in 1991 by massacring Azerbaijani Turks of Karabakh.

So whos genocider, is up to one to see. Of course if your honest.

Back
Top Bottom