What's new

Turkey Fears Russia Too Much to Intervene in Syria

During war time of the ottoman empire with european countries. There were times that the persians also startes a war at the same time. They tried to make alliances with various european kingdoms to attack the ottoman empire on two fronts.

We only get cannons from english because you used cannon against us and also we didn't attack you at the time of your campaigns against Europe as a matter of fact if you look at the history when england asked king abbas about opening another front of war against of turkey to recapture the land turkey take at the times of king ismail he answered right now I like to throw purtogues out of persian and our dispute with othman empire can wait for later. And not only he attacked pyurtogues ships in persian gulf he made english to attack their strongholds in hormoz islands .

I wonder how you can call thos teaming with european against othman empire

@Audio

With you still defending that russia is a superpower the discussion should allready be ended by the pure low knowledge you show.
Russia was kicked as a superpower by the fall of the soviet unie and the watschau-pact. Now they are just a regional player.

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny buddy, i remembered you always do the same ****. Multi-quating with talkin nonsense, always off-topic post, targetin not the subject but the posters. I won't spend my time on you but we have good anti-troll members.

Son, you talked about poster first, "objective" and "pragmatic" were the words. I merely provided you with examples where that isn't so.

And how is talking about Russian warheads nonsense? Or if i point out how the clout of Russia is intentionally downplayed and Turkey is presented as this grandiose saviour and keeper of the Middle East and North Africa. The topic is Turkey-Russia "stand off".

In conclusion i wanted to say your limited intellect isn't sufficient to grasp some key parameters or maybe you cannot discern objectively through the "feel good" propaganda but then it would be attacking posters again. And i don't do that. :angel:

With you still defending that russia is a superpower the discussion should allready be ended by the pure low knowledge you show.
Russia was kicked as a superpower by the fall of the soviet unie and the watschau-pact. Now they are just a regional player.

When push comes to shove, they are a superpower.....i doubt any military planner would agree with your assesment. Alternatively, imagine yourself saying this in a room full of nuclear missiles in Russia.

Not yet!

However if he was pragmatic or objective he would note that Turkey through Erdogoon is being used as a pawn in the case of Syria. All of his policies in regards to "de-Kemalizing" modern Turkey are being tolerated because of this.

This "de-Kemalizing" as you call it, has started long before Syrian mess. One must really be oblivious to say something like "Erdogan is being used as a pawn in the case of Syria". I'm sure i don't need to explain how i see Erdogan but this is a fact; when it comes to Syria, Erdogan has his own policy - a shtty one - and he is not a pawn of anybody.

As for Russia, yes it is still a very powerful country and it is true that the fear of Russia had shaped Turkey's policies in the past. But Russia as well as USA is in decline and within a century, new super and regional powers will emerge. Mind you, Turkey is a candidate along with China, India, Brazil and South Korea.

This "de-Kemalizing" as you call it, has started long before Syrian mess. One must really be oblivious to say something like "Erdogan is being used as a pawn in the case of Syria". I'm sure i don't need to explain how i see Erdogan but this is a fact; when it comes to Syria, Erdogan has his own policy - a shtty one - and he is not a pawn of anybody.

So what is his policy and how does it differentiate from the policies of everyone else who is against Assad? Educate me.

The way i see it, it's pretty much identical agenda of "Assad must go", with the difference Turkey lost some jets, got shelled, got some bombings. This is where the "using Turkey through Erdogoon" part of my post comes from.

As for the time table, where "de-Kemalizing" began long before Syria.
I agree, with added notion that the agenda on pipelines through Syria to ween EU off Russian gas isn't new.
Saudi agenda of suppresing (for the lack of a better term) Iran in any way, shape or form isn't new either. Same for the US, with added bonus Russian's loose Mediteranean base in the best case scenario.
Kurdish agenda of making a Kurdish state isn't new either.

As for Russia, yes it is still a very powerful country and it is true that the fear of Russia had shaped Turkey's policies in the past. But Russia as well as USA is in decline and within a century, new super and regional powers will emerge. Mind you, Turkey is a candidate along with China, India, Brazil and South Korea.

No substance to the topic at hand, other then same old Turkish chest thumping.
Do you even grasp by how much USA would have to decline to be in the same league as you to begin with?

@Audio

When was the last time the push came to shove?
Are the capable of attacking any nation that is under influence of usa like a EU country?
As long as russia is afraid of going into direct conflict with USA , they can't be a superpower.

About the nucleair capacity. Many countries have nucleair capacity. If we take that perspective.
United kingdom is more of a superpower then russia is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you even grasp by how much USA would have to decline to be in the same league as you to begin with?

You should first grasp what i said. I said, new super and regional powers will emerge. I didn't say Turkey will be the USA of 22th century.

When was the last time the push came to shove?
Are the capable of attacking any nation that is under influence of usa like a EU country?
As long as russia is afraid of going into direct conflict with USA , they can't be a superpower.

When is the last time you saw USA rushing to fight the Russians? This is your argument? lol, i can readily remind you to the case of Georgia where their delusional president started a war hoping NATO would come to save him.

About the nucleair capacity. Many countries have nucleair capacity. If we take that perspective.
United kingdom is more of a superpower then russia is.

Many countries have nuclear capacity but if i recall corectly not even the USA has so much of it.

You should first grasp what i said. I said, new super and regional powers will emerge. I didn't say Turkey will be the USA of 22th century.

No reply on the pawn part then. Ok.

Turkey is already a regional power. The definition of this is, it's military power is considerable if not the biggest in the region. Do you even know what you write?

As for superpower aspirations or dreams about being the top dog, hehe, when creationism is taught at universities, good luck with that.

Or:

Children are not only suffering from the current exam system, but also from an inefficient learning process, as nearly half of students under 15 years old are unable to solve basic math problems, according to an annual education report.

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/default.aspx?pageid=438&n=turkish-education-system-lacks-in-many-aspects-report-says-2011-06-21

Future looks bright!

Georgia was not USA concerns neither were they part of nato.

I wish Russia would have shown the same balls and attack south korea for that matter, or another country that is part of nato.

Know you tell me, will they ever have rhe guts or the power to start a war against a nato partner?

During war time of the ottoman empire with european countries. There were times that the persians also startes a war at the same time. They tried to make alliances with various european kingdoms to attack the ottoman empire on two fronts.

persians ? lol persia had died 2 000 years ago. i think that you want to say safavid turks
fars mars diyip bu eziklerin bir yerini kaldırmayın

No reply on the pawn part then. Ok.

I thought i have given your answer. Can't you see Turkey has been left alone by rest of the world in its Syria policy?

Turkey is already a regional power. The definition of this is, it's military power is considerable if not the biggest in the region. Do you even know what you write?

I think wiki's description is sufficient:

In international relations, a regional power is a state that has power within a geographic region. States which wield unrivaled power and influence within a region of the world possess regional hegemony.

When is the last time you saw USA rushing to fight the Russians? This is your argument? lol, i can readily remind you to the case of Georgia where their delusional president started a war hoping NATO would come to save him.

Well, Georgia and Ukraine (not sure about Ukraine) is/are the only countries that are under the "Membership Action Plan" protocole of NATO. Once they become a "Northern Star" they won't be the guys that have to worry, but the others will.

Back
Top Bottom