What's new

Turkey envoy urges India to close Fethullah institutions in Mumbai, linked to military coup

It's not 'Ghandi'. Are you also looking for trouble?
Correct spellings would be Gandhi..am I correct Sir? It is shameful to see youngsters can't spell father of the Indian nation's name correctly.
Gandhi G have great fan following in Pakistan too and i my self pay my regards for his services and actions during and after partition like Mr.Jinnah.

On Topic India must grasp this opportunity to improve relation with Turkey even closing down Golen's school beneficial for India because he spreads extremism in his thoughts and teachings.

Correct spellings would be Gandhi..am I correct Sir? It is shameful to see youngsters can't spell father of the Indian nation's name correctly.
Gandhi G have great fan following in Pakistan too and i my self pay my regards for his services and actions during and after partition like Mr.Jinnah.

There is a Jan Sangh story that Feroze Gandhi was actually a Muslim named Feroze Khan. According to this thoroughly ugly story, he changed his name to a Hindu name in order to marry Indira Nehru, as she then was, and changed it to Gandhi, to resemble the name of Mohandas Gandhi, Mahatma Gandhi.

That is what these two are referring to.

I know several Parsis who knew Feroze Gandhi's family. This is a horribly defamatory story kept alive only by dedicated Sanghis, who spread really foul stories about their political opponents.

Every one has right to differ even if you are differing from father of nations by the end they are humans and can commit mistakes :)

"Ghandi" is surname of ancestors of Feroz Khan who was husband of Indira Nehru. They instead changed their surname to Gandhi to use for political gain, just because Jawaharlal Nehru was not pleased with Indira's marriage. It's a complex political story out of your scope :lol: , and we all respect MK Gandhi for whatever he has done for India.

There is a Jan Sangh story that Feroze Gandhi was actually a Muslim named Feroze Khan. According to this thoroughly ugly story, he changed his name to a Hindu name in order to marry Indira Nehru, as she then was, and changed it to Gandhi, to resemble the name of Mohandas Gandhi, Mahatma Gandhi.

I know several Parsis who knew Feroze Gandhi's family. This is a horribly defamatory story kept alive only by dedicated Sanghis, who spread really foul stories about their political opponents.
Sir you are absolutely right few years back I am in spat with same kind of idiot and to prove him wrong I study about this which reveals me that he came from renowned political influential parsi family and he is well known already before the marriage. So changing name for the sake of Gandhi name is idiocy. He did't change his name his name was Feroz Gandhi.

May be it's a conspiracy created by RSS but one thing is for sure that they have used Mahatma Gandhi's surname for political gain. You can at least accept this thing.

"Ghandi" is surname of ancestors of Feroz Khan who was husband of Indira Nehru. They instead changed their surname to Gandhi to use for political gain, just because Jawaharlal Nehru was not pleased with Indira's marriage. It's a complex political story out of your scope :lol: , and we all respect MK Gandhi for whatever he has done for India.
Don't talk stupid he was not Muslim but belongs to powerful political parsi family.

You are completely misinformed. Please provide your sources, other than Jan Sanghi web sites. Please look up the Lok Sabha records. Feroze Gandhi had always recorded his name as Gandhi. Ghandi is a version used by uninformed western observers.

It is a pity that you seem to lack yourself the basic knowledge that every educated voter in India should know.

He wasn't born in Lok Sabha.

Feroze Jehangir Ghandy was born to a Parsi family at Bombay.
He abandoned his studies in 1930 to join the Indian independence movement.
After joining the independence movement, Feroze changed the spelling of surname from "Ghandy" to "Gandhi" (Ref- India after Gandhi: The History of the World's Largest Democracy- Ramachandra Guha,(2011) page. 809)

May be it's a conspiracy created by RSS but one thing is for sure that they have used Mahatma Gandhi's surname for political gain. You can at least accept this thing.

You have two choices - straighten out or keep getting punished until you do.

He wasn't born in Lok Sabha.

Feroze Jehangir Ghandy was born to a Parsi family at Bombay.
He abandoned his studies in 1930 to join the Indian independence movement.
After joining the independence movement, Feroze changed the spelling of surname from "Ghandy" to "Gandhi" (Ref- India after Gandhi: The History of the World's Largest Democracy- Ramachandra Guha,(2011) page. 809)

No.

I stated clearly that his registered name in the Lok Sabha was Gandhi. What did it seem like to you? A birth certificate?

Now a days Sang parivaar creating fairy tales about many things even one idiot on youtube trying hard to convince masses that Lady Mount Baton was class fellow of Jinnah and Gandhi same time. Fine example of idiocy you can ever see ...What else you people can expect for RSS who believe in hatred and lies.

What was the reason though for the name change? Any details on that?
He did't change his name may be only the spellings to show his devotion towards his leader Gandhi G.

You Indians are strange people, abusing your own Father of Nation :tsk:
This is off topic on this thread but i thought this needed to be answered. @Nair saab being the short fuse that he is, would not explain this to you.
Gandhi, father of our nation, doesn't get support from all quarters in our country, which includes me.
He faced criticism even while he was alive, for example when he did not object to the execution of several Indian freedom fighters by the British government despite that being a time when his influence was such that he likely could have saved their lives. While Gandhi supported Nehru through thick and thin, likes of Subhash Chandra bose were ignored.
So was it really Gandhi who forced britishers to quit India?
We do know that freedom movement had begun much before Gandhi was born. He was lucky to have been at the right time at the right place. Add to it the fact that some of his movements were great disasters.
Had it not been for the 2nd world war and its repercussions on Britishers, India would not have got freedom in 1947.
His stubbornness, his messed up personal life earned him our ire... or so i think.
The only thing which earns him my respect is the fact that he was the impetus behind hindu and muslim unity in the subcontinent.
We Indians are a bunch of opinionated people, so we consider it okay to criticize things we dislike, which can be anything from our food to our father of the nation. So dont be surprised.

Back
Top Bottom