What's new

Turkey Coronavirus & updates

I actually have a solution for an even more massive testing:

Develop rapid test kits in the millions and distribute them for everyone, for example Istanbul with a population of 16 million~, every household will receive a testing kit, these testing kits will be directly distributed by the gov. via Soldiers, police, garbage collectors etc., they will group up and every squad will receive an operating zone like garbage collectors do when they go collect garbage, they have their specific everyday routes as well but the difference is that they are not collecting garbage but distributing Rapid testing kits and collecting them on spot once they are collected they will be given to the diagnosis centers and once the diagnosis is finished the people will receive the results via whatsapp/sms/email and those who test positive will be directly quarantined and asked with whom they were in contact with. This way we can immediatly decrease the numbers and that instantly in a couple of days because the virus would be confined since the cities themself are already on a semi lockdown. This would also mean a massive aquirement of Testing kits, a massive mobilization of police, jandarma, soldiers and possibly garbage collectors as well since they know the specific zones and more diagnostic center. It would be a much wiser short term decision connected with much less costs and a public bann at most for a couple of days/max 2 weeks then going after the virus in the long term which would be also connected with higher costs.

^this is a general solution and could be applied to any nation btw. I just took Istanbul as an example because I hope they will do that.

Ur takes?

They spent 40 billion on Syrian refugees and apparetnly planned additional 40 billion. Lets see if they manage to do that with the next election looking already not so nice for "mr. i will share my soup plate with every single refugee"
Unfortunately there is no facepalm emoji otherwise I would post it all over my response.
each testing kit costs over $100. Good luck with that.
Moreover let’s say you tested negative today but next week you might catch the virus.

Unfortunately there is no facepalm emoji otherwise I would post it all over my response.

Let me teach how to find facepalm meme

each testing kit costs over $100. Good luck with that.
Source?

Moreover let’s say you tested negative today but next week you might catch the virus.

Sure but who is there to infect you if the majority of the infected people would be in a matter of a couple of days quarantined, furthermore the speed would have massively decreased in which it can infect other people because the pool of infected would get smaller and smaller, its a temporary lockdown scenario with the difference of massive testing and less days as massive testing becomes more and more obtainable while countries are looking for an endgame with the pandemic to restart their economies.

Our best option is to buy enough time for the health sector to mobilize and increase capacity, all the while the healthy ppl develop immunity. If we’re lucky enough we’ll have a vaccine too.

Let me teach how to find facepalm meme

Source?

Sure but who is there to infect you if the majority of the infected people would be in a matter of a couple of days quarantined, furthermore the speed would have massively decreased in which it can infect other people because the pool of infected would get smaller and smaller, its a temporary lockdown scenario with the difference of massive testing and less days as massive testing becomes more and more obtainable while countries are looking for an endgame with the pandemic to restart their economies.
I guess you know how to use google for emojis but not finding out price of testing kits for your grandiose idea.
Best case scenario is sit at home and wait till you past peak season and get the green light from the govt.

I guess you know how to use google for emojis but not finding out price of testing kits for your grandiose idea.
Best case scenario is sit at home and wait till you past peak season and get the green light from the govt.

I already googled it and the price u wrote and the real price for these kits are dozens of dollar apart

You can troll as much as you want in other sections, I do that as well but here, let's make it a better place. For good reasons, I don't even click on politics thread of our section. People need motivation, and positive messages, information in those troubled times, not some hostility. I only responded @xenon54 for his "gönderme" ;)
The title of this thread is only about the general virus events in Turkey and it does not specify any topics. How are you planning to talk about the virus without involving the politics? Look brother, If you go back and read every replies in every other threads in this forum, you'll see that most of them involves politics. I understand what you're trying to say but the politics is in the nature of this. It is in the nature of most of the things that we are going through in life. I do think it is fine to talk about politics in certain places IF it doesn't involve any insults. You've asked me to be careful with my behavior regarding the politics before because they involved insults and I completely agree with you. Of course no one wants to see or start a political fight in here but how are you planning to talk about the virus without involving the politics and the taken measures? I know you want us to show respect in order to keep here calm but you also need to show some respect in CERTAIN TIMES regarding politics. Keep in mind that none of us here is searching for a political fight. The key is RESPECT. Anyway I would agree with you regarding the politics IF the title is changed from general discussion to stricted topics.

Last edited:
I already googled it and the price u wrote and the real price for these kits are dozens of dollar apart
Guy, if kits were that cheap, every fucking country would be testing their citizens like USA, SK and Germany

Instead, consumers could collect their own samples, by either swabbing the throat or cheek or spitting into a cup. The samples would then be mailed back to the companies’ partner laboratories, which would test for coronavirus. Prices ranged from $135 to $181.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th.../mar/31/coronavirus-covid-19-fake-tests-cures

COVID-19-At-Home-Test-Kits-1500x1033.png

What You Should Know:

Everlywell announces that an at-home collection kit with telehealth diagnosis for COVID-19 will be available to consumers starting Monday, March 23 for $139.
https://hitconsultant.net/2020/03/1...consumers-for-139-on-march-23rd/#.XoPdoiUpDDs

I am sure at some point with a lot more competition and availability on the market prices will drop but that’s not the case yet. Well, unless you buy some cheap Chinese shit

Guy, if kits were that cheap, every fucking country would be testing their citizens like USA, SK and Germany

Look, kits are cheap, the challenge were so far not the kits but the diagnostic center.

Actually this article goes somewhat towards the direction of what I wrote earlier

How does a coronavirus home test kit work, and how do I get one?

The Government has bought 3.5 million finger-prick antibody tests that could soon radically transform the UK's response to Covid-19

The Government has announced that Britons will be able to conduct coronavirus antibody tests at home, with finger-prick kits that will be available from Amazon and Boots.

But what are these tests – and do they work?

What is an antibody test?
An antibody test can detect if a person has had the coronavirus before and has since recovered. The test, carried out by a device that pricks your finger for blood, works this out by testing your blood for coronavirus antibodies to see if they have already beaten the virus and gained some immunity to it. It can do this in about 15 minutes.

The coronavirus swab test that the Government currently uses can only tell whether a person has the virus, not if they have had it and recovered. These swab tests also take much longer to get a result.

The antibody test is also known as a "serological test".

What is an antigen test?
An antigen test detects the presence (or absence) of an antigen, not antibodies. An antigen is a structure within a virus that triggers the immune system's response to fight off the infection. It can be detected in blood before antibodies are made.

An antigen test is effective because it can take a few days for the immune system to build enough antibodies to be detected in a test, however, antigens can be detected almost immediately after infection. So, in theory, the test can tell much sooner whether someone has the virus.

Antigen tests are used to diagnose HIV, malaria and flu.

Will NHS staff be tested?
The test will enable NHS staff to know if they have been infected with – and have recovered from – the virus so they can return to work.

Who can get a coronavirus home test?
In theory, anyone will be able to buy a test from Amazon or Boots. However, the Government has initially only ordered 3.5 million tests, which will not be enough for the entire UK population. These will be targeted at key workers.

Can I get a coronavirus test?
Yes. Public Health England has said that a small number of tests will be tested in a laboratory before being distributed via Amazon and sold in Boots. Assuming the tests pass the laboratory testing, they will then be available to everyone.

How much will the test cost?
The Government has not yet released any official information about the cost of a test – though it would clearly be in the public interest for them to be affordable to everyone. Finger-prick tests by SureScreen, a British company, cost £6.

Who makes the coronavirus test?
Mologic, a Bedfordshire company that produces pregnancy tests, was granted £1 million by the Government to develop the coronavirus test.

SureScreen, a Derby firm, has created a finger-prick test which they say takes 10 minutes to return a result and is 98 per cent accurate. The tests are reportedly being used by private companies in a number of European countries.

Why are these tests important?
A widely available test that produces results so quickly would drastically change the UK's strategy for dealing with the virus and would change our daily lives.

In the NHS, staff would be able to return to work sooner if they know whether they have already had the virus.

People who have already had the virus and are immune would, in theory, be able to return to work and go back to their normal lives.

The impact of these tests on the economy and on public health could be enormous. See how the tests work below.

Do they use these tests in other countries?
The UK is not the only country ordering the tests.

Professor Sharon Peacock, the director of the national infection service at Public Health England, said: “Tests are being ordered across Europe and elsewhere and purchased in South-East Asia. This is widespread practice. We are not alone in doing this."

While some countries, such as South Korea and Germany, have successfully tested far more people than in other countries, these tests are in most cases the much slower swab tests.

Hundreds of thousands to be tested each day by NHS
The NHS could start testing hundreds of thousands of people per day for Covid-19 within a matter of weeks, NHS England's medical director has said.

Here is the current testing ratio:

Professor Stephen Powis told LBC, the phone-in and talk radio station, that testing is being expanded and there would be more widespread testing of NHS workers in the next few days.

"We want to get hundreds of thousands of tests ramped up in the next few weeks per day," he said.

The Government is coming under intense pressure to increase testing, particularly for frontline NHS staff so those who are negative can get back to work.

Asked to clarify whether he really meant hundreds of thousands of tests per day, Professor Powis said: "That's what we are aiming for. That is what we want to ramp up to, but remember this is a new virus and we're starting from scratch.

"The kits which are required to do this testing are being manufactured as we speak. We are getting those into the country, we are ramping it up.

"I am talking of hundreds of thousands of tests.

"All of this is ramping up and increasing as we speak but, yes, you heard me correctly, we need to get to hundreds of thousands of tests a day, and we will do that over the course of the next few weeks and we will be making tests available to NHS staff within the next few days."

Figures from the Department of Health and Social Care said Public Health England (PHE) and the NHS are expecting to be carrying out up to 25,000 tests per day within the next four weeks.

Capacity will then continue to be ramped up towards 250,000 tests per day, according to the department.

Health Secretary Matt Hancock announced that a testing facility had opened in Milton Keynes.

How many people are being tested for coronavirus?
Although the NHS are hoping to test hundreds of thousands of people each day, the current figures fall some way short of that. On March 29, the Health Secretary tweeted that the Government was "ahead of schedule".

"Good news that we’ve reached 10,000 coronavirus tests a day – ahead of schedule," he posted. "We’re on track to 25,000."

However, on March 30, the Government's attempt to ramp up mass coronavirus testing was dealt a blow after key components ordered from overseas were discovered to be contaminated with coronavirus. Laboratories across the country were warned to expect a delay after traces of the virus were detected in parts due for delivery.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/03/31/covid-19-coronavirus-home-test-kit-antibody/

Look, kits are cheap, the challenge were so far not the kits but the diagnostic center.

Actually this article goes somewhat towards the direction of what I wrote earlier

How does a coronavirus home test kit work, and how do I get one?

The Government has bought 3.5 million finger-prick antibody tests that could soon radically transform the UK's response to Covid-19

The Government has announced that Britons will be able to conduct coronavirus antibody tests at home, with finger-prick kits that will be available from Amazon and Boots.

But what are these tests – and do they work?

What is an antibody test?
An antibody test can detect if a person has had the coronavirus before and has since recovered. The test, carried out by a device that pricks your finger for blood, works this out by testing your blood for coronavirus antibodies to see if they have already beaten the virus and gained some immunity to it. It can do this in about 15 minutes.

The coronavirus swab test that the Government currently uses can only tell whether a person has the virus, not if they have had it and recovered. These swab tests also take much longer to get a result.

The antibody test is also known as a "serological test".

What is an antigen test?
An antigen test detects the presence (or absence) of an antigen, not antibodies. An antigen is a structure within a virus that triggers the immune system's response to fight off the infection. It can be detected in blood before antibodies are made.

An antigen test is effective because it can take a few days for the immune system to build enough antibodies to be detected in a test, however, antigens can be detected almost immediately after infection. So, in theory, the test can tell much sooner whether someone has the virus.

Antigen tests are used to diagnose HIV, malaria and flu.

Will NHS staff be tested?
The test will enable NHS staff to know if they have been infected with – and have recovered from – the virus so they can return to work.

Who can get a coronavirus home test?
In theory, anyone will be able to buy a test from Amazon or Boots. However, the Government has initially only ordered 3.5 million tests, which will not be enough for the entire UK population. These will be targeted at key workers.

Can I get a coronavirus test?
Yes. Public Health England has said that a small number of tests will be tested in a laboratory before being distributed via Amazon and sold in Boots. Assuming the tests pass the laboratory testing, they will then be available to everyone.

How much will the test cost?
The Government has not yet released any official information about the cost of a test – though it would clearly be in the public interest for them to be affordable to everyone. Finger-prick tests by SureScreen, a British company, cost £6.

Who makes the coronavirus test?
Mologic, a Bedfordshire company that produces pregnancy tests, was granted £1 million by the Government to develop the coronavirus test.

SureScreen, a Derby firm, has created a finger-prick test which they say takes 10 minutes to return a result and is 98 per cent accurate. The tests are reportedly being used by private companies in a number of European countries.

Why are these tests important?
A widely available test that produces results so quickly would drastically change the UK's strategy for dealing with the virus and would change our daily lives.

In the NHS, staff would be able to return to work sooner if they know whether they have already had the virus.

People who have already had the virus and are immune would, in theory, be able to return to work and go back to their normal lives.

The impact of these tests on the economy and on public health could be enormous. See how the tests work below.

Do they use these tests in other countries?
The UK is not the only country ordering the tests.

Professor Sharon Peacock, the director of the national infection service at Public Health England, said: “Tests are being ordered across Europe and elsewhere and purchased in South-East Asia. This is widespread practice. We are not alone in doing this."

While some countries, such as South Korea and Germany, have successfully tested far more people than in other countries, these tests are in most cases the much slower swab tests.

Hundreds of thousands to be tested each day by NHS
The NHS could start testing hundreds of thousands of people per day for Covid-19 within a matter of weeks, NHS England's medical director has said.

Here is the current testing ratio:

Professor Stephen Powis told LBC, the phone-in and talk radio station, that testing is being expanded and there would be more widespread testing of NHS workers in the next few days.

"We want to get hundreds of thousands of tests ramped up in the next few weeks per day," he said.

The Government is coming under intense pressure to increase testing, particularly for frontline NHS staff so those who are negative can get back to work.

Asked to clarify whether he really meant hundreds of thousands of tests per day, Professor Powis said: "That's what we are aiming for. That is what we want to ramp up to, but remember this is a new virus and we're starting from scratch.

"The kits which are required to do this testing are being manufactured as we speak. We are getting those into the country, we are ramping it up.

"I am talking of hundreds of thousands of tests.

"All of this is ramping up and increasing as we speak but, yes, you heard me correctly, we need to get to hundreds of thousands of tests a day, and we will do that over the course of the next few weeks and we will be making tests available to NHS staff within the next few days."

Figures from the Department of Health and Social Care said Public Health England (PHE) and the NHS are expecting to be carrying out up to 25,000 tests per day within the next four weeks.

Capacity will then continue to be ramped up towards 250,000 tests per day, according to the department.

Health Secretary Matt Hancock announced that a testing facility had opened in Milton Keynes.

How many people are being tested for coronavirus?
Although the NHS are hoping to test hundreds of thousands of people each day, the current figures fall some way short of that. On March 29, the Health Secretary tweeted that the Government was "ahead of schedule".

"Good news that we’ve reached 10,000 coronavirus tests a day – ahead of schedule," he posted. "We’re on track to 25,000."

However, on March 30, the Government's attempt to ramp up mass coronavirus testing was dealt a blow after key components ordered from overseas were discovered to be contaminated with coronavirus. Laboratories across the country were warned to expect a delay after traces of the virus were detected in parts due for delivery.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/03/31/covid-19-coronavirus-home-test-kit-antibody/
It doesn’t go that direction at all. It describes take home kit, which still going thru testing stages, and make no mistake anything that’s new or revolutionary will be expensive.
hence kit+testing between mid to upper 100s
Take home kits-unknown.
The only cheap stuff you can buy are the over the counter medicine. Pharmaceutical companies are not non-profit. Their goal is to make insane profit while they can because in few months this pandemic will be over.

The title of this thread is only about the general virus events in Turkey and it does not specify any topics. How are you planning to talk about the virus without involving the politics? Look brother, If you go back and read every replies in every other threads in this forum, you'll see that most of them involves politics. I understand what you're trying to say but the politics is in the nature of this. It is in the nature of most of the things that we are going through in life. I do think it is fine to talk about politics in certain places IF it doesn't involve any insults. You've asked me to be careful with my behavior regarding the politics before because they involved insults and I completely agree with you. Of course no one wants to see or start a political fight in here but how are you planning to talk about the virus without involving the politics and the taken measures? I know you want us to show respect in order to keep here calm but you also need to show some respect in CERTAIN TIMES regarding politics. Keep in mind that none of us here is searching for a political fight. The key is RESPECT. Anyway I would agree with you regarding the politics IF the title is changed from general discussion to stricted topics.
Most of the posts are tweet based assumptions then follows insults. Hardly even politics. All I say is that can be done in another thread as well. I come here to get some information.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom