What's new

Turkey as legal Libyan govt may need help from Iran

I expected all these questions before opening this thread and analyze being passive toward Libya. I have thought of your questions before and they are very reasonable.
Your answers are hidden in these question:

- Is the only way of being active having troops and spending money?
- What if a third country pays more than what you spend?
- How much was the cost of facing Sudanese in Yemen? How about losing port Sudan and the Red Sea?
- What do we share in common with Venezuela that justifies being there?

Finally:
-By just looking to be prepared to involve in Libya and without even doing it, you have an extra card against many others. Even if you have no plan to get involved, look prepared.
Please think about the last one, at least. If you don’t, you will look drained out and exhausted from Syria.

No, we don't have to have troops in Libya, but we have to have loyal forces in Libya. Who wants to be our loyal force there? Our best cards in the region have been based on anti-American and anti-Israeli sentiments. Yeah, you can find many people with those sentiments in Libya, but are they ready to fight and get killed for it?

We didn't face the Sudanese in Yemen. The Houthis did. The Sudanese aren't the only mercenaries Saudi Arabia has hired in Yemen. There are Pakistani, Indian and even Latino mercenaries in Yemen too. Should we now plan something for those countries too?

What we share with Venezuela is anti-American sentiments. Venezuelans are ready to pay the price for those sentiments as they decided to stop being one of the richest countries in Latin America and in the world and move toward independence. You know it well that there's a history of anti-American sentiments deeply-rooted in the Latin American culture, way before the 1979 revolution happened in Iran.

Now what's your suggestion? What are our options in Libya? Reliable options.

Last edited:
Why would Turkey want Iran in Libya? Doesnt make any sense at all.
And why in any case Iran want to get into another needless conflict? That too against Russia.
BTW if you think Turkish backed forces control limites area in Libya. Then you too are falling pray to Area based map deception of Libyan Geohraphy.
The only places of significance in Libya are the urban centers along coastlines and oil fields in south. Rest of libya is vast scarecly inhabited desert.
Turkish backed forces hold the main population zones right from Tunisian border upto Misrata including the cpaital Tripoli.
Only significant city LNA holds is Binghazi.

Dude,

How many times have you run to a hole to stay safe from missiles?

How many times has your leader Netanyahu run to a hole to hide and be safe? I saw it at least once.

We have not done it yet in our life. Even once.
The difference between Israelis and Iranians in Syria is that Israelis have an alarm, and know when to hide and stay safe. Iranians just suddenly blow up. I don't know how you consider Israelis running for shelter a victory, when the cost is Israel bombing the living shit out of the attackers.

The difference between Israelis and Iranians in Syria is that Israelis have an alarm, and know when to hide and stay safe. Iranians just suddenly blow up. I don't know how you consider Israelis running for shelter a victory, when the cost is Israel bombing the living shit out of the attackers.
Here we go again...

The amount of Iranians killed in Arab countries by Israel does not exceed 10, 20.

Each individual killed gets a funeral and commemoration.

No, we don't have to have troops in Libya, but we have to have loyal forces in Libya. Who wants to be our loyal force there? Our best cards in the region have been based on anti-American and anti-Israeli sentiments. Yeah, you can find many people with those sentiments in Libya, but are they ready to fight and get killed for it?

We didn't face the Sudanese in Yemen. The Houthis did. The Sudanese aren't the only mercenaries Saudi Arabia has hired in Yemen. There are Pakistani, Indian and even Latino mercenaries in Yemen too. Should we now plan something for those countries too?

What we share with Venezuela is anti-American sentiments. Venezuelans are ready to pay the price for those sentiments as they decided to stop being one of the richest countries in Latin America and in the world and move toward independence. You know it well that there's a history of anti-American sentiments deeply-rooted in the Latin American culture, way before the 1979 revolution happened in Iran.

Now what's your suggestion? What are our options in Libya? Reliable options.

- I understand that I have a different opinion on Libya compared to probably most of you. Being innovative does not hurt though.

- I would definitely want an active role.

- I accept the possible future involvement of Syria in Libya on Haftar side (If true). I would like Iran to be in constant touch with Syria and make sure Libya stays a free nation. I am worried that Syria may get backstabbed.

Last edited:
Here's another difference: we kill Israelis right in their country, but you kill Iranians in Syria. Want another difference? We have killed hundreds or maybe thousands of Israelis by supporting Hamas and Hezbollah so far, but you are chest thumping over maybe 10 or 20 dead IRGC soldiers in Syria and Iraq.

Want another difference? Israelis I have talked to online either on defense forums or just for chatting are extremely worried that one day Iran will attack them to destroy them. But Iranians laugh at the possibility of Israel attacking Iran, let alone destroying Iran. I mean even Iranians who are completely against the Iranian regime deem the scenario of an Israeli attack on Iran highly unlikely and laughable to say the least.

Here's another difference: we kill Israelis right in their country, but you kill Iranians in Syria. Want another difference? We have killed hundreds or maybe thousands of Israelis by supporting Hamas and Hezbollah so far, but you are chest thumping over maybe 10 or 20 dead IRGC soldiers in Syria and Iraq.

Want another difference? Israelis I have talked to online either on defense forums or just for chatting are extremely worried that one day Iran will attack them to destroy them. But Iranians laugh at the possibility of Israel attacking Iran, let alone destroying Iran. I mean even Iranians who are completely against the Iranian regime deem the scenario of an Israeli attack on Iran highly unlikely and laughable to say the least.
Here is another one : Benny is closer to a IRGC soldier than any of us here

Here we go again...

The amount of Iranians killed in Arab countries by Israel does not exceed 10, 20.

Each individual killed gets a funeral and commemoration.
It does exceed that number, and even if it doesn't it still serves my purpose, 20 Iranians were killed by Israel, Iran didn't do anything in response.

It does exceed that number, and even if it doesn't it still serves my purpose, 20 Iranians were killed by Israel, Iran didn't do anything in response.
Didn't Iran bring its forces right up Israel's nose ? Becoming Israel's new neighbour and maiming its people and damaging Israeli infrastructure on a frequent basis through its allies ?

Iran is threatening your existance, not the other way around. Bombing a dozen people in some Arab countries is not going to solve the Iranian issue.

I trust Qatar more than Abu Dhabi. Dubai is different of course.

If you believe US, we might be close to seeing Syria in Libya on Hafter side. I hope we have discussed all the details well ahead of time.

These poor “cannon fodders” are the reason Assad is there. They were the losing side on the table but they won. Syrian rebels are mercenaries and not reliable.

Syria is next to Iran. Libya is not, massive difference.

Back
Top Bottom