What's new

Turkey and France clash over Libya air campaign

it is a dictatorial remnant and it will change..

i don't think so, as long as the kemalist parties excist. i dont understand why they cant wear the headscarf? isn't Turkey a democratic and a free country where everyone can dress as they want?

even here, in christian norway we can dress as we want. my littlesister can go to school with headscarf without beeing yelled at and/or getting thrown out of school!

what a shame!

i don't think so, as long as the kemalist parties excist. i dont understand why they cant wear the headscarf? isn't Turkey a democratic and a free country where everyone can dress as they want?

even here, in christian norway we can dress as we want. my littlesister can go to school with headscarf without beeing yelled at and/or getting thrown out of school!

what a shame!

finally kemalism is losing power and we will stop that shame.

I agree that France and England have a hidden agenda to settle old scores, but don't you think the Arab/Muslim countries could have handled it better by intervening first and mediating the conflict?

When Gaddafi promised to hunt down the protestors 'house to house', it was incumbent upon the Muslim countries to give him a reality check -- especially after Tunisia and Egypt.

Btw, Egypt and UAE support the rebels.

Gaddafi could have been handled differently. There was and is an attempt by Turkey to negotiate both with the rebels and Gaddafi. Turkey was and still is pretty active on diplomacy. Sarkozy pops up as the savior of the Libyan people, when Sarkozy wasn't even in the scene a few weeks ago. Read on,

Sarkozy hopes the U.S. will do most of the heavy military lifting in the air and ultimately on the ground in Libya. As for Sarkozy, he would prefer reserving to himself "le grandeur" for instigating Gaddafi's overthrow, yet maintaining the French Foreign Legion OFF the shores of Tripoli. It would be very wise for us to be open-eyed about Paris' grand designs.

Despite President Sarkozy's Machiavellian preferences, I prefer French boots (as well as British, Egyptian and Saudi boots) -- not GI boots -- to be the preferred footwear on Libyan sand. If Sarkozy wants the glory, he is going to have to earn it by putting French forces in harms' way all the way.

Until a few weeks ago, Paris has never had an obsession with Gaddafi. After all, Italy, rather than France, was the colonial power in Libya. Gaddafi's closest ally in Europe is Italian PM Berlusconi.

Amb. Marc Ginsberg: Memo to President Obama: Don't Stand in Sarkozy's Way in Libya

So he killed the pre-bombing negotitions.

Sarkozy the weasel is in it to enhance his image. If the war starts to spiral out of control he will run. The French never had any reputation to begin with, he has nothing to lose if he places his tail between the hind legs and run.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom