What's new

Turkey and France clash over Libya air campaign

What can you expect from someone that married his 15 year old cousin. These people are going to get us kicked out of NATO if they keep this up. I don't like Sarkozy but there is a reason him and other states are starting to cut us out(though not inviting us to the paris conference certainly didn't help). Everytime something with NATO comes up we are the only country to object we did this same crap with Iran during our UNSC rotation. Having objections is one thing but trying to narrow and undermine these operations for political points is just sad.

And so what if he did?? its his personal life!!! After all you secularists believe that religion and religious beliefs are personal!! Or does that rule only apply to us conservative folks????

i can point out a whole lot of secret affairs of western politicians!

And so what if he did?? its his personal life!!! After all you secularists believe that religion and religious beliefs are personal!! Or does that rule only apply to us conservative folks????

i can point out a whole lot of secret affairs of western politicians!

Brother leave him he ain't worth your time as any Turk with an ounce of pride who has seen how his country has been shabbily treated by the E.U would not care what any European member has had to say about their country.

After Iran and their proud history it was only a matter of time before the Turks made their prescence felt on the world stage and i'm glad to see them taking a bold stance, hopefully one day Pakistan can follow.

NATO has legitimacy because there is a common consensus among its member states and similar views as was the case when its formation happened. Sometimes there are disagreements. However there isn't one member that always runs the other way when decisions occur. Then tries to run back when left out. No one has time for the AKP hold up when people are being killed by a Gaddafi.

and what about the people being killed in Kashmir at the hand of indians??

What attack ? That he married his 15 year old Cousin when he was 30 ? That is not a insult. It is a fact. A mans morals and basic views on society tells far more then what university he went to.

As i said, what does his personal life have to do with anything? And speaking of morals and ethic values, the so called western democratic countries are far behind when it comes to morals (you and i already had a discussion on this)!!

and speaking of facts, this NATO is nothing but a organization of international hypocrites! you want to save people then save the Kashmiris who aren't even allowed to vote for their own freedom under the occupation of the worlds so called "biggest democracy".

Just like it was for us kemalists when we saved the country that was sold out. No one saying it isn't. Are you saying its ok to not help these people achieve freedom over a oppressive dictator ? Also comparing this to Iraq is inaccurate. The U.S. is already packing up and handing the operation over to NATO and no troop involvement is even proposed.

oh yeah, save those crocodile tears for someone else, we all know how much NATO hypocrites care for the freedom of others!!

Yeah you don't see NATO fighting North Korea, NK has nuclear weapons, makes NATO think twice. Pakistan, other regional countries backed by SCO has to challenge NATO in Afghanistan. NATO must leave Afghanistan. Enough of this "AFG I served" bumper sticker bs...

irq-afg-stickers.gif

In a hundred or more years now when Muslim power rises we may see some soldiers with stickers that read.

"FRA I served" "UK I served" "ITA I served" "IND I served" "ISR I served"...lol

You know one day China may want to spread communism around the world just like some western countries are spreading "democracy" around the world, and installing puppet regimes...

He wouldn't admit it, I find this Jigs hate Pakistan in similar way of languages (against Iran). Strange he is Turk ?

So Gaddafi must resigned now to save many innocent people !

What can you expect from someone that married his 15 year old cousin. These people are going to get us kicked out of NATO if they keep this up. I don't like Sarkozy but there is a reason him and other states are starting to cut us out(though not inviting us to the paris conference certainly didn't help). Everytime something with NATO comes up we are the only country to object we did this same crap with Iran during our UNSC rotation. Having objections is one thing but trying to narrow and undermine these operations for political points is just sad.

France is the only nation walked out of Nato and rejoined in 1995.

The unity of NATO was breached early in its history, with a crisis occurring during Charles de Gaulle's presidency of France from 1958 onwards. De Gaulle protested at the United States' strong role in the organization and what he perceived as a special relationship between the United States and the United Kingdom. In a memorandum sent to President Dwight D. Eisenhower and Prime Minister Harold Macmillan on 17 September 1958, he argued for the creation of a tripartite directorate that would put France on an equal footing with the United States and the United Kingdom, and also for the expansion of NATO's coverage to include geographical areas of interest to France, most notably French Algeria, where France was waging a counter-insurgency and sought NATO assistance.

Considering the response given to be unsatisfactory, de Gaulle began to build an independent defence for his country. He also wanted to give France, in the event of an East German incursion into West Germany, the option of coming to a separate peace with the Eastern bloc instead of being drawn into a NATO-Warsaw Pact global war. On 11 March 1959, France withdrew its Mediterranean Fleet from NATO command; three months later, in June 1959, de Gaulle banned the stationing of foreign nuclear weapons on French soil. This caused the United States to transfer two hundred military aircraft out of France and return control of the ten major air force bases that had operated in France since 1950 to the French by 1967.

NATO - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This war is on based on no concrete information. No one knows who the rebels are. No one really knows how many people died. All you see on TV is so many people died, plane bombed protesters. There is no confirmation. Typically this would be called un-confirmed news. When Libya was accused of violating cease fire, no one bothered to look into it. I see Iraq all over again. There is no footage of anything. After the Libyan convoy was bombed, we all saw the pics of tank turrets, destroyed trucks, we saw the pics of Gaddafi's bombed compound.

If the rebels were bombed, where are the pics or video footage ? I know the rebel would show them to whole world. If somebody saw those please point me, cause I would like to see what little Sarkozy is harping about

This is not a rant from me. Check the following,

How Killing Libyans Became a Moral Imperative « Patrick J. Buchanan – Official Website

[video]http://www.newsmax.com/InsideCover/EricCantor-BarackObama-Libya-Boehner/2011/03/25/id/390732[/video]

]

Last edited by a moderator:
In a hundred or more years now when Muslim power rises we may see some soldiers with stickers that read.

"FRA I served" "UK I served" "ITA I served" "IND I served" "ISR I served"...lol

It wont happen , sadly because Muslim powers will sit in their comfy offices opress their own people and tell you its all because of the Jews and theCIA.

While in Syria, Yemmen, Bahrain muslim leaders slaughter their own people all you good Muslims can do is bleat like goats about the one country that Nato is actually stoping the murder.

No wonder Turkey is the only muslim country left with any balls the rest are reduced to whining childrend that blame the west for all their problems while holding out their hands for aid, while they wait in the queue for thier green cards.

Whats wrong with marrying your own cousin?

Lots sadly

Nadir Mohammed Saleh and Ahmed Fayiz Abed Rabo are cousins and next-door neighbors. With their gelled hair, buttoned-down shirts and jeans, they look much like any other 16-year-old Palestinian boy. But looks, Ahmed says, can be deceiving.

“Only my appearance, my haircut and clothing, makes me look like a boy,” Ahmed says, gesturing with his hands across his face. “Inside, I am like a female. I am a girl.”

Until last summer, both Nadir and Ahmed were — for all intents and purposes — girls. They wore female headscarves, attended girls’ school and even answered to the female first names Navin and Ola.

Both Nadir and Ahmed were born with a rare birth defect called male pseudohermaphrodism.

Deficiency of the hormone 17-B-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase (17-B-HSD) during pregnancy left their male reproductive organs deformed and buried deep within their abdomens.

Rare birth defects common in Gaza due to inbreeding

It wont happen , sadly because Muslim powers will sit in their comfy offices opress their own people and tell you its all because of the Jews and theCIA.

While in Syria, Yemmen, Bahrain muslim leaders slaughter their own people all you good Muslims can do is bleat like goats about the one country that Nato is actually stoping the murder.

It is ridiculous how people complain about the West propping up Arab dictators and then turn around and support the dictators v/s the people in Bahrain, Yemen and Libya.

I am afraid from now on all these criticisms of the West will be meaningless. So many Muslims have completely lost the moral high ground by supporting these vicious tyrants when their people rose up to demand their rights.

This has nothing to do with religion or resurgence of Muslim power. It is all about personal equations between the Turkish and French leaders. They hate each other. Moreover Turkey also dislikes France for its opposition to Turkey's joining the EU. Germany also opposes Turkey's EU membership but not as vociferously as the French do. Anyway, this is old news really as the matter has been resolved amicably and NATO is going to take over the command of the 'No fly zone' from the US.

It is ridiculous how people complain about the West propping up Arab dictators and then turn around and support the dictators v/s the people in Bahrain, Yemen and Libya.

I am afraid from now on all these criticisms of the West will be meaningless. So many Muslims have completely lost the moral high ground by supporting these vicious tyrants when their people rose up to demand their rights.

Time to realize not every thing the west does is evil and not everything Muslim leaders do is good. It is a problem among many that being a Muslim makes you automatically incapable of evil.

Strange that people in Pakistan realize that their own leaders can be corrupt , despite being Muslim, but leaders in places like Syria that have had martial law for 50 years are Allah blessed caliphate and any criticism is just western propaganda.

Men are capable of evil no matter what god they claim to pray to, when people realize that saying i do this in the name of Allah does not mean it is virtuous is the time we perhaps can live in peace.

Back
Top Bottom