What's new

Tunisian Armed Forces ( Pictures & Videos )

The "all crews and technicians and basically everyone else were formed 100% in the United States" part?

Awesome stuff. But what's up with the Uzi? :lol: It's great that unit is using the Styer AUG. That is an awesome assault weapon (despite it being a bull-pup.) Fits with those guys perfectly. Ever fire one of them? That thing has the balls of a mammoth. You wouldn't think it's so powerful because of its shape, but it packs a deadly punch and you gotta really hold onto it if you're firing rapidly. Very tough to empty a clip on full auto if you're a scrawny fella looool.

Skip to minute 0:40 and check out the power on that recoil lol. Thing is a beast.

Blackhawk is such a sweet helo. Fun little story. A couple of years ago I was out on one of my Sunday drives through a coastal town in Massachusetts and I always drive by this really small, local airport to see what's there. Usually guys flying in Cessnas and some small, jet powered planes but nothing major. This day I stumble on this thing just sitting in the grass field all by itself. So I stopped and checked it out really up close loool. Door was locked in case you're wondering. :lol:

The thing wasn't even chalked which I thought was very bizarre.
064 (1).jpg
065 (1).jpg
068 (1).jpg

Awesome stuff. But what's up with the Uzi? :lol: It's great that unit is using the Styer AUG. That is an awesome assault weapon (despite it being a bull-pup.) Fits with those guys perfectly. Ever fire one of them? That thing has the balls of a mammoth. You wouldn't think it's so powerful because of its shape, but it packs a deadly punch and you gotta really hold onto it if you're firing rapidly. Very tough to empty a clip on full auto if you're a scrawny fella looool.

Skip to minute 0:40 and check out the power on that recoil lol. Thing is a beast.

I have no idea how or when but we've been using the Uzi for ages :ashamed:
with the navy especially and the 51st regiment, the explanation I heard was simply that France produced it locally and we got it from there instead of Israel
I hope that was the case to be honest hahahahah
never had the chance to touch a Steyr AUG to be honest but seen an injury resulted from it up close (during the revolution), saying nasty wouldn't give it its due really, bone was shattered :fie:

Blackhawk is such a sweet helo. Fun little story. A couple of years ago I was out on one of my Sunday drives through a coastal town in Massachusetts and I always drive by this really small, local airport to see what's there. Usually guys flying in Cessnas and some small, jet powered planes but nothing major. This day I stumble on this thing just sitting in the grass field all by itself. So I stopped and checked it out really up close loool. Door was locked in case you're wondering. :lol:

The thing wasn't even chalked which I thought was very bizarre.
View attachment 471868 View attachment 471869 View attachment 471870

hahahahahahahahahah
why don't we have that in our countries
:lol::lol::lol:
would have been great to take it for a drive wouldn't it be now?
lol

Last edited:
M60 is still an outstanding tank. A lot of armies still using them and upgrading them. A good work horse.

i used the steyr AUG A1 in the sevice back in 2014 and tbh it doesn't have much recoil and the trigger can foul ya ... me i get it a3 or 5 bullet burst not full mag

My experience with it (although minimal compared to you) was the opposite. Buddy of mine has one, use it at the range every once in a while. It's only semi auto because obviously here in the US can't have fully auto but if you know how to pull the trigger in quick succession, you can empty a clip pretty fast and that one has a pretty solid recoil on it. You can even see it in that video. It's a great assault rifle and actually very accurate. But I get pushed back a bit after a burst and I'm 6ft 200lbs lol. Does a number on your armpit too. You must be a big, tough guy! :-)

My Chinese MAC-90 (Chinese AK-47 copy with the thumb-grip stock) has a very similar recoil to the Styer AUG and it's 7.62. Out of all our AKs, that one is the most similar to the Styer AUG IMO which is a bit strange since the latter is the smaller caliber.

M60 is still an outstanding tank. A lot of armies still using them and upgrading them. A good work horse.

My experience with it (although minimal compared to you) was the opposite. Buddy of mine has one, use it at the range every once in a while. It's only semi auto because obviously here in the US can't have fully auto but if you know how to pull the trigger in quick succession, you can empty a clip pretty fast and that one has a pretty solid recoil on it. You can even see it in that video. It's a great assault rifle and actually very accurate. But I get pushed back a bit after a burst and I'm 6ft 200lbs lol. Does a number on your armpit too. You must be a big, tough guy! :-)

My Chinese MAC-90 (Chinese AK-47 copy with the thumb-grip stock) has a very similar recoil to the Styer AUG and it's 7.62. Out of all our AKs, that one is the most similar to the Styer AUG IMO which is a bit strange since the latter is the smaller caliber.
maybe i didn't feel recoil because we fire single shot only we don't fire burst or auto in firing range

I really hope they get an upgrade the new turkish one looks promising

the Turks can help but frankly I prefer Leonardo's upgrade, we might get the Altay though.
but not right now
we have only a 1.14 Billion dollars budget this year so our choices are pretty limited and tanks are certainly off the table.
We're focusing on 4 issues
A: Special Forces and their equipment and training
B: upgrading standard equipment and training for infantry soldiers
C: helicopters and integrating Air force to the land forces efforts
D: Intelligence

after that I think we might look at our tanks and navy

Back
Top Bottom