What's new

Tunisian Armed Forces ( Pictures & Videos )

I really hope they get an upgrade the new turkish one looks promising
images

DZxIz2uWAAIakG4

DZxW0JnWkAEDUsE

Most likely would come with AKKOR "Pulat" APS.

Looks well armed and professional. What is the threat spectrum for Tunisia by the way? any regional conflicts with any country?
Only thing i heard about Tunisia was that it started the Arab spring.

Looks well armed and professional. What is the threat spectrum for Tunisia by the way? any regional conflicts with any country?

Before 2011 there was basically a single actual threat which is the regime of kadhafi (wouldn't say Libya really since Libyans had basically nothing to do with it), he believed that Tunisia was way too pro west and tried to change the Tunisian regime, in 1980 he trained armed and sent a commandos made of Tunisian and Libyan nationals to the southern city of Gafsa in an attempt to take over the city and declare the armed revolution. the attempt failed, and Tunisian citizens refused to take up arms against the state. the Tunisian army entered the city in 3 days and basically massacred the group and captured their leader (Ahmed Merghenni, pan-arabic activist, those who weren't killed in action were sentenced to death in court, the only survivors were the ones who fled before the army enters the town), France and the US helped, with the first sending 5 submarines and 3 warships and the US sending warships as well (source: Les trois décennies Bourguiba. Témoignage; page 172)
From then on the situation escalated more than once to the edge of total warfare and things never went back to normal between the two countries (as far as governments go that is, when it came down to people they were doing quite alright together, would say they were more than friendly actually).
after 2011 and the fall of the dictator Tunisia had to face, for the moment, one single threat: the violent extremist and terrorist groups, mostly ISIS and AQIM (Al Qaeda's branch in North Africa).
They are nowadays the biggest threat and enemy to the country. they are being dealt with properly though, most of their Emirs (leaders) were killed and since early 2016 they were totally driven to western mountains, not capable of doing any major attack and where they can barely survive and where they are under the constant threat of being discovered and neutralized (two days ago a group of them who were stealing nearby villagers food because of hunger were ambushed by the National guard: three terrorists were neutralized and others injured)

Never heard of Harissa? Couscous?Lablebi?Chakchouka?Chorba? brika etc... and the famously known... "Ojja Kadeba..."

The third Tunisian made patrol boat lunched yesterday under the name kerkouane, also 2 others will be commissioned later this year
32169733_1658310697628902_9213944270107443200_n.jpg

32161726_1658310774295561_7088765602751315968_n.jpg

32116981_1658309414295697_284518996126990336_n.jpg

The second Tunisian navy OPV1400 was seen crossing the Bosphore toward Bizerte under the name Syphax P611.
Dcgpla0XUAEemBP.jpg
Dcgpla2X4AA77AK.jpg
DcgqtyqWAAE6uo8.jpg
DcgqtyqXUAAcj5f.jpg
DcgplayX0AArFEe.jpg
DcgplbrW4AEpzod.jpg
DcgqtypWAAUJk7O.jpg
DcgqtyrXUAE54c4.jpg

Some good news:
a press release by the Tunisian defense ministry that basically says:
following the 4 days visit last month to Turkey (by Tunisian defense minister, officials and army figures ) and continuing with the decisions that were made during it, it was decided to make those agreements effective and that is by: creating a Turkish-Tunisian committee under the administration of both ministers of defense of both countries that is required to seek the chances of mutual cooperation and technology transfer, also organizing visits to the heads of Turkish defense companies to Tunisia.
Turkish defense companies want to open up production lines/ branches in Tunisia partnering with the defense ministry or Tunisian private companies.
says also that Turkey expressed its will to help with local military industry and provide technical help and experience to Tunisia since it is considered a special partner/ally

متابعة للقرارات التي اتخذها الجانب التونسي والتركي خلال زيارة العمل التي أدّاها وزير الدفاع الوطني السيد عبد الكريم الزبيدي إلى تركيا بدعوة من نظيره التركي خلال الشهر المنقضي، كان لوزير الدفاع الوطني صباح اليوم بمقر الوزارة لقاء بسفير تركيا بتونس السيد Ömer GÜCÜK تمحور حول تفعيل هذه القرارات المتعلقة باحداث لجنة مشتركة رفيعة المستوى تحت اشراف وزيري الدفاع في البلدين، تعنى باستكشاف فرص للتعاون مع مؤسسات تصنيع معدات الدفاع والتكنولوجيات الحديثة على قاعدة الشراكة وتقديم المساعدة التقنية ونقل الخبرة في المجال وبرمجة زيارات الى تونس لفائدة أصحاب المؤسسات التركية.

ونوه وزير الدفاع الوطني بالمناسبة بالعلاقات التونسية التركية المتميزة بالصراحة وبروح التعاون موصيا بوضع خطة عمل لتفعيل القرارات المذكورة ومتابعتها وتقييمها لتذليل الصعوبات بما يساهم في توفير عوامل نجاح هذه الشراكة.

كما عبر عن ارتياحه لرغبة المؤسسات التركية في فتح فروع لها بتونس واجراء دراسات مشتركة حول فرص الاستثمار في التصنيع العسكري سواء في اطار الشراكة مع وزارة الدفاع الوطني أو مع القطاع الخاص داعيا إلى الاستفادة من الامتيازات الخاصة بالقطاعات الاستراتيجية التي توفرها مجلة الاستثمارات التونسية.

وأبرز الضيف من جهته رغبة حكومة بلاده ممثلة في أعلى هرم السلطة في دعمها لتونس وحرصها على توفير المساندة لها بما يمكنها من رفع تحدياتها الأمنية من خلال مزيد تطوير التعاون في المجال العسكري، مؤكدا أن الجانب التركي متفاعل مع رغبة تونس بوصفها شريك مميز في إرساء شراكة في مجال التصنيع العسكري واستعداده لتقديم المساعدة التقنية ونقل الخبرة في المجال.

Some good news:
a press release by the Tunisian defense ministry that basically says:
following the 4 days visit last month to Turkey (by Tunisian defense minister, officials and army figures ) and continuing with the decisions that were made during it, it was decided to make those agreements effective and that is by: creating a Turkish-Tunisian committee under the administration of both ministers of defense of both countries that is required to seek the chances of mutual cooperation and technology transfer, also organizing visits to the heads of Turkish defense companies to Tunisia.
Turkish defense companies want to open up production lines/ branches in Tunisia partnering with the defense ministry or Tunisian private companies.
says also that Turkey expressed its will to help with local military industry and provide technical help and experience to Tunisia since it is considered a special partner/ally
that shows the determination of the defense ministry , but I think they will start with light equipment like helmets and anti bullet vests and maybe bullets that's my speculation.

that shows the determination of the defense ministry , but I think they will start with light equipment like helmets and anti bullet vests and maybe bullets that's my speculation.
Even Armed Vehicles (Edjer or something lighter) could be possible, with have some sort of Infrastructure available and a trained workforce that is familiar with vehicle manufacturing. We just need a bit of "Investment".
TN could be also used as a " Global manufacturing line" when TR lines are overbooked for export per exemple.
Or "Electronic" manufacturing.

But, right now, light equipment manufacturing is the best guess.

we already make bullets i don't think we import them

in helmets why not get the new US Army IHPS
and In Vests i prefer the IOTV ( IMPROVED OUTER TACTICAL VEST ) latest generation because it protect the body 360°

iotv-830-1.jpg

we already make bullets i don't think we import them

in helmets why not get the new US Army IHPS
and In Vests i prefer the IOTV ( IMPROVED OUTER TACTICAL VEST ) latest generation because it protect the body 360°

iotv-830-1.jpg

Money is the problem.
Those one cost quite a lot, so if you can manufacture something that is almost "Similar" or at least enjoy some of it's specification, then it's a better deal.
That will be in the End cheaper/ more jobs and you will gain some sort of "ToT".

private secotor is the solution if the gov can't affored businessman sure can .... l think if the gov let private sectore invest will solve many problems
They were a plan since late 2015 to make such thing " Launch A Defence Ecosystem/Industry"
But it's still a long road ahead... Per exemple, a group of Student couldn't get the green light to manufacture/sell a light drone (for border security)... for "Security reasons".

Even if you want to make the simplest thing, like simple "bullet-proof" cars (not even speaking about Armored ones)... you have more chance to die on Mars than getting the papers/Certification...

There is quite a lot of interesting Defence equipment that are made by Students, Each year they show it off at some "State exhibition"... but after that nothing... No Green light is given for manufacturing/ no loan etc...

Heck...We have a TN car manufacturer/TN brand and almost no one knows about it... Even the Gov didn't take a sec to visit... and they are around since 2006...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom