What's new

Tunisian Armed Forces ( Pictures & Videos )

sadly it's a 120 Humvee not tanks ... too bad :(

I don't think it's for tanks...
But I can't find the arabic transcript or even his hearing on any "replays" from the ARP... those useless workers can't even do a proper job in documenting it... F*cking waste of money.
Even worse...is for those retarded journalist, that should not hold such "name" ...that can't translate a proper sentence...
And only French written articles spoke about this "list of equipment" couldn't find an arabic one with it and see for myself the translation...

So if any can find it, will be great
This youtube channel has all about ARP replays...but what a f*cking coincidence...nothing from the 12 February
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPuzHxQuP5Roi7wvQ97NHpg/videos

almost had my hopes up :(:(
it's unfortunate that the M60 is still our main battle tank, although they're upgraded to the A3.

Tunisia is slowly building up by the way what I heard was Tunisian Army size was around 30000. Any plans to increase the size

Not really, maybe 5-10 thousands more...in the coming years... but that's it.
But a law may pass...for Military service... Every citizen will have to do that 1 year... Whoever they are... to be able to get a job...Meaning someone in the near future will need that 1 year service certificate to be able to work...
So at that moment..;I'm pretty sure the number of those joining will dramatically increase... (if it passes)

it did grow up
according to a hearing in the parliament for the armed forces committee, the army counts as for 2017, 80 000 soldier

almost had my hopes up :(:(
it's unfortunate that the M60 is still our main battle tank, although they're upgraded to the A3.

it did grow up
according to a hearing in the parliament for the armed forces committee, the army counts as for 2017, 80 000 soldier
I let it to 40K ish... few years ago... but 80K now?
Do you have the hearing or the report?

80000 Active Soldiers ????????

Yes
187 705 exactly, 80 000 in the army and the rest are other branches (police, national guard, customs...)

I let it to 40K ish... few years ago... but 80K now?
Do you have the hearing or the report?

Tuesday 31 January 2017
discussing allowing army and police members to vote in elections (municipality only)

vote-forces-securite-01.jpg

vote-forces-securite-02.jpg

I think the number didn't grow significantly since the revolution but the Army was hiding the real figure and was forced to show it recently because of the municipality election.
That shouldn't be a "secret"...they should work on their Administrative Data... to be more "Open & Public"
Like those new equipments... Why not saying Which type/Price/and size of the order they do...
Like those Edjer (and many other ones)... no word from the state...We had to wait" civil pics or TR pics"... that's a shame... to be this retarded.

That shouldn't be a "secret"...they should work on their Administrative Data... to be more "Open & Public"
Like those new equipments... Why not saying Which type/Price/and size of the order they do...
Like those Edjer (and many other ones)... no word from the state...We had to wait" civil pics or TR pics"... that's a shame... to be this retarded.
It's the 60s mentality after all we still have that era equipments XD

yes now it's around 80 K in land forces and around 20 or 30 K between Navy And Air force
and yes the army want to keep every deal a secrete it's not like other armies like " hay i got new helicopter / new tank / new ship "

yes now it's around 80 K in land forces and around 20 or 30 K between Navy And Air force
and yes the army want to keep every deal a secrete it's not like other armies like " hay i got new helicopter / new tank / new ship "
They do... Egypt do... All EU do...GCC do...Turkey do..RU do...India do..;the US do... even African countries do... it's a retarded mentality of our region...that is shared btw Morocco-Algeria and Tunisia... Even Libya speak about it and show it...
It' snot like we got ballistic missiles or anything like that...it's armored vehicles... and few helis...
And we are a Democracy...I have the right to know what MY gov is spending MY money on... and from who...

They do... Egypt do... All EU do...GCC do...Turkey do..RU do...India do..;the US do... even African countries do... it's a retarded mentality of our region...that is shared btw Morocco-Algeria and Tunisia... Even Libya speak about it and show it...
It' snot like we get a ballistic missiles or anything like that...it's armored vehicles...
And we are a Democracy...I have the right to know what MY gov is spending MY money on... and from who...
maybe you are right but i served in the army and we have something called military secrecy means civilians shouldn't know what the army is doing and what he is buying

maybe you are right but i served in the army and we have something called military secrecy means civilians shouldn't know what the army is doing and what he is buying
Well...it's not a law. and it' snot like it's a secret either...since they do expose those Helis by calling EVERY news outlet to take pics of it and said " Look what we have"...

It's just the Army only speak about things that she consider "important" like those boat/helis etc... but for equipment that she thinks is not important, she doesn't speak about, like armored vehicles/radars/ small arms etc...

And we are a Democracy..;so whatever the gov spend his money on is known in the ARP..;it's just the Docs is not "openly" put to the public...but if you ask..;you can see them...

Well...it's not a law. and it' snot like it's a secret either...since they do expose those Helis by calling EVERY news outlet to take pics of it and said " Look what we have"...

It's just the Army only speak about things that she consider "important" like those boat/helis etc... but for equipment that she thinks is not important, she doesn't speak about, like armored vehicles/radars/ small arms etc...

And we are a Democracy..;so whatever the gov spend his money on is known in the ARP..;it's just the Docs is not "openly" put to the public...but if you ask..;you can see them...
that means what i say as i served in the Army ( land forces ) the army is more quite then air force and navy

that means what i say as i served in the Army ( land forces ) the army is more quite then air force and navy
I understand your view.
But it's frustrating to always run behind the Info...when it should be published "by the law" to the public in the simplest way.
No everyone knows that thos Docs are open to the public...and could be seen if they ask for it. And not always go ask for those Docs...
And no many ppl are interested in equipment procurement in Tunisia either... it's a very very small minority.
And even among armed forces... I know few guys in the army...who don't care about those "toys"...

I know there is a push to numerise and publish every gov docs on the internet and make it simple to access...but I don't see a lot of result of it... as of now...

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom