What's new

Tunisia - References to Islam will not be included in the new constitution.

Separation of church and state is a great first step.

Sadiq Belaid, charged by the President Kais Saied with rewriting Tunisia's constitution said on Monday that he would present a draft stripped of any reference to Islam, arguing it was to prevent political "extremism".

Tunisia might be "secular" on paper (like most Arab countries) but Christians and Shias are actively discriminated against and harassed in Tunisian society. Tunisia is 99% Sunni, its a miracle that Christians and Shias still even exist to begin with

However we might disagree in regards to Al-Assad and his dictatorship (Ba'athism), I am personally not a fan and I consider that regime to be anti-Muslim. However I have no sympathy for groups like the MB either.
Ooops, Bashar Regime Anti-Muslim!!!

So you agree with the terrorists from all over the world that gone to Syria ???

Constitutional references have barely any importance in democracies and are only symbolic in nature.

You don't believe me? Read the first few paragraphs of the Norwegian constitution and exchange every Christian reference with an Islamic one in your mind.

It could be the constitution of ISIS.

Also, most constitutions all over the world - on every continent - are liberal, humanist and enlightened. On paper. The reality is different as you already know.

What I'm trying to say here: Tunisia is currently a dictatorship with or without references to Islam, it doesn't matter to me. So, what's there to celebrate?

Tunisia might be "secular" on paper (like most Arab countries) but Christians and Shias are actively discriminated against and harassed in Tunisian society. Tunisia is 99% Sunni, its a miracle that Christians and Shias still even exist to begin with
Loolz, Actively discriminated and harassed ??? Like Muslims in India you mean? Or Palestinians in Palestine? Or Coptes in Egypt? Or Rohingyas in Myramar??

We have some Baha'i too.

You forget to talk about Jews, we have a big community of Jews living in Tunisia.

Ooops, Bashar Regime Anti-Muslim!!!

So you agree with the terrorists from all over the world that gone to Syria ???

Wait a second, so you are criticizing corrupt politicians and parties in Tunisia and calling your own country for a banana republic, but you disagree with me that Al-Assad is a dictator and butcher who destroyed his own country and killed a huge amount of Muslims and his own people?

I am sure that you realize that you can be against Al-Assad and his dictatorship/bloody regime and not support actual terrorist groups. Both of those two are two sides of the same coin. Ironically the same Al-Assad was a great supporter of Al-Qaeda in Iraq and once the revolution and popular uprising against his regime started, he smartly freed all the terrorists and criminals from the jails.

To be honest, I struggle to understand how an educated Muslim can support a regime like the Al-Assad regime? Did you watch the recent video from Syria that was smuggled out where old men/clearly civilian people were killed while blindfolded and thrown in a ditch one by one?

ew video shows Assad regime executed dozens of civilians in Syria​

At least 41 civilians executed by Assad forces in 2013 in Tadamon, near Damascus, according to investigation by The Guardian​

New video shows Assad regime executed dozens of civilians in Syria

I saw that video and it was a horrible one.

If you want to hear who I support in Syria, I support majority rule and for Syrians to decide their own future and not for Syria to be turned into a international brothel.

Specifically the initial Syrian opposition (before any outside interference) had a sound plan for the future of Syria and were composed of many Syrian patriots and a huge amount of defectors from the Al-Assad regime, even from within his inner circle.

Anyway let us disagree on Syria, sadly that countryl is "lost" for the time being. Hopefully it will bounce back.

Last edited:
Anyway let us disagree on Syria, sadly that control is "lost" for the time being. Hopefully it will bounce back.
Yeah, let us disagree on Syria.

Just one point, let's forget the geopolitics, dictatorship regime, opposition, propaganda, .....

At the beginning of the mess, I asked a very knowledgeable friend (hardcore sunni) about Islam rules to oust a ruler, he gave me 4 or 5 conditions , that clearly doesn't apply on Bashar and it's regime.

So when I'm are confused or unsure, i just go back to the roots : spirit of Islam ✌️

Another hint : when the west tell you to go to the right, for you benefit as a Muslim, just go to the left.

Extremism occurs when people think they own Islam or any religion as a political tool or ideology. BJP in India is the most extremist party in the world with a militant ideological wing RSS.

Extremism occurs when people think they own Islam or any religion as a political tool or ideology. BJP in India is the most extremist party in the world with a militant ideological wing RSS.

You cannot compare real Islamist and BJP Hindu

In Islam, we respect freedom of religion.

1654817678370.png

For Indonesia case, our state ideology first and most important principle is Tauhid

1654818083201.png

Last edited:
Indonesia Constitution

UNDANG-UNDANG DASAR NEGARA REPUBLIK INDONESIA TAHUN 1945
PEMBUKAAN
( P r e a m b u l e)

Bahwa sesungguhnya Kemerdekaan itu ialah hak segala bangsa dan oleh sebab itu, maka penjajahan di atas dunia harus dihapuskan, karena tidak sesuai dengan perikemanusiaan dan perikeadilan.

Dan perjuangan pergerakan kemerdekaan Indonesia telah sampailah kepada saat yang berbahagia dengan selamat sentausa mengantarkan rakyat Indonesia ke depan pintu gerbang kemerdekaan Negara Indonesia, yang merdeka, bersatu, berdaulat, adil dan makmur.

Atas berkat rakhmat Allah Yang Maha Kuasa dan dengan didorongkan oleh keinginan luhur, supaya berkehidupan kebangsaan yang bebas, maka rakyat Indonesia menyatakan dengan ini kemerdekaannya.

Separation of church and state is a great first step.

Sadiq Belaid, charged by the President Kais Saied with rewriting Tunisia's constitution said on Monday that he would present a draft stripped of any reference to Islam, arguing it was to prevent political "extremism".

That will just create a backlash.... Especially when disgruntled Tunisians see what's happening to them in France.

Believers keep religion as a moral, legal and spiritual guide, but everybody is not a believer. Many exploit and weaponize religion for power and politics to attack. I see this among people in all religions.

They are just minority, not whole Muslim understand Islam well. There is ISIS, AQ who destroy Islam image just like happening in early Islam when Ali is killed because the killer believe he violate Quran because make peace agreement with Muawiyah, but those only very very small group

Any way, you are Australian and live in Australia

Indonesia Constitution

UNDANG-UNDANG DASAR NEGARA REPUBLIK INDONESIA TAHUN 1945
PEMBUKAAN
( P r e a m b u l e)

Bahwa sesungguhnya Kemerdekaan itu ialah hak segala bangsa dan oleh sebab itu, maka penjajahan di atas dunia harus dihapuskan, karena tidak sesuai dengan perikemanusiaan dan perikeadilan.

Dan perjuangan pergerakan kemerdekaan Indonesia telah sampailah kepada saat yang berbahagia dengan selamat sentausa mengantarkan rakyat Indonesia ke depan pintu gerbang kemerdekaan Negara Indonesia, yang merdeka, bersatu, berdaulat, adil dan makmur.

Atas berkat rakhmat Allah Yang Maha Kuasa dan dengan didorongkan oleh keinginan luhur, supaya berkehidupan kebangsaan yang bebas, maka rakyat Indonesia menyatakan dengan ini kemerdekaannya.

Constitution is supposed to be largely above politics, thus it can refer to higher principles, to the Creator, or Higher Authority and Power such as God/Allah and submission to Allah [Islam]. On the other hand, religion is dragged into politics when it's name is slapped to a political party or to a country's state title.

Back
Top Bottom