What's new

Tunisia - References to Islam will not be included in the new constitution.

Separation of church and state is a great first step.

Sadiq Belaid, charged by the President Kais Saied with rewriting Tunisia's constitution said on Monday that he would present a draft stripped of any reference to Islam, arguing it was to prevent political "extremism".

Tunisia might be "secular" on paper (like most Arab countries) but Christians and Shias are actively discriminated against and harassed in Tunisian society. Tunisia is 99% Sunni, its a miracle that Christians and Shias still even exist to begin with
based tunisians

Ironic that an Indian is jumping up and down about this, especially one that constantly defends Modi.

Also amusing that most of the supporting comments are from the same Pakistanis (with whatever flags) who vigorously defend Israel on this forum. AFAIK, Israel is the country country on this planet where citizenship is tied to religion.

Bottom line is that having or not having a religion in the constitution is no guarantee of actual facts on the ground. The rulings of the Indian Supreme Court are evidence enough of that.

Tunisia might be "secular" on paper (like most Arab countries) but Christians and Shias are actively discriminated against and harassed in Tunisian society. Tunisia is 99% Sunni, its a miracle that Christians and Shias still even exist to begin with

When Muslims face problems in other countries, they are called a troublesome minority.
When minorities face problems in a Muslim country, it is the majority's fault.

In both situations, it is fashionable to blame Muslims whether they are the minority or majority.

You want this stuff to happen:

this is so stupid...

murtard pakistanis feel Pakistan will become superpower once it becomes republic of pakistan than islamic republic of pakistan

Ironic that an Indian is jumping up and down about this, especially one that constantly defends Modi.

Also amusing that most of the supporting comments are from the same Pakistanis (with whatever flags) who vigorously defend Israel on this forum. AFAIK, Israel is the country country on this planet where citizenship is tied to religion.

Bottom line is that having or not having a religion in the constitution is no guarantee of actual facts on the ground. The rulings of the Indian Supreme Court are evidence enough of that.

When Muslims face problems in other countries, they are called a troublesome minority.
When minorities face problems in a Muslim country, it is the majority's fault.

In both situations, it is fashionable to blame Muslims whether they are the minority or majority.

Don;t take these murtard self hating brown coconuts seriously...I seriously question if they are muslim to begin with....

Who knew little murtard johnny will one day simp for white man...Bet his parents didn't even think this day would even come... This happens when you move to west and don't think of long term consequences ..... Your child becomes like the murtards of PDF and elsewhere.

Don;t take these murtard self hating brown coconuts seriously...I seriously question if they are muslim to begin with....

Pakistani illiberals are mostly inferiority-complexed parrots. They simply repeat the talking points in the Western media without even understanding ground realities.

So many countries smuggle religion into their national laws using the Trojan horse of 'culture'. France does it, Switzerland does it, India does it. Israel doesn't even bother hiding it: they openly shirt-front (seena zori) anyone who dares to broach the subject, domestically or internationally.

What these inferiority-complexed illiberals fail to understand is that it is perfectly legitimate to be proud of one's religion, as long as it is not used to discriminate against citizens of other faiths. I don't support the Pakistani requirement that certain government positions are reserved for Muslims but there is no harm in declaring Pakistan an Islamic Republic.

Ironic that an Indian is jumping up and down about this
Are you referring to me? tell me wise one, how did you come to the conclusion that I am an Indian? how did you manage to bring up India in a thread about Tunisia?
especially one that constantly defends Modi.
Please point out a post where I have done such, I'll wait.

Are you referring to me? tell me wise one, how did you come to the conclusion that I am an Indian? how did you manage to bring up India in a thread about Tunisia?

Please point out a post where I have done such, I'll wait.

Did you open the thread?
Look at who opened the thread.

P.S. My comment to you was after the quoted part.

Pakistani illiberals are mostly inferiority-complexed parrots. They simply repeat the talking points in the Western media without even understanding ground realities.

So many countries smuggle religion into their national laws using the Trojan horse of 'culture'. France does it, Switzerland does it, India does it. Israel doesn't even bother hiding it: they openly shirt-front (seena zori) anyone who dares to broach the subject, domestically or internationally.

What these inferiority-complexed illiberals fail to understand is that it is perfectly legitimate to be proud of one's religion, as long as it is not used to discriminate against citizens of other faiths. I don't support the Pakistani requirement that certain government positions are reserved for Muslims but there is no harm in declaring Pakistan an Islamic Republic.
Yup. that is how things are in the west.

and btw , restricting government positions is an approach every nation does to keep out people they deem untrustworthy even if they possess same nationality.

Did you open the thread?
Look at who opened the thread.

P.S. My comment to you was after the quoted part.
Yeah got it, I`ve been accused of being Indian way too many times by the usual dimwits on here

Yea and have your future nassal be taken to drag shows 💀

So I take it that it is better to just kill the Hazaras and the Ahmadis and the Christians and the sectarian non-believers in the present for fear of such irrationally overblown concerns for the future. :D

So I take it that it is better to just kill the Hazaras and the Ahmadis and the Christians and the sectarian non-believers in the present for fear of such irrationally overblown concerns for the future. :D

Pretty bold assumption you made there. You jumped to a conclusion faster than a brown girl 🙄.

I don’t want kids being taken to drag shows bruh 🤣🤣. Or kids being taught there are 900 genders 😂

Pakistan is the sole reason why the world even takes Muslims seriously. We as a nation were birthed upon the "there is no god but Allah" notion and that is visible when we are the only ones pushing against Islamophobia on the world stage where we are often on our own, alone, but still vouching for the ummah to get its head together. And we shall continue to uphold the integrity of Islam till eternity.

I don’t want kids being taken to drag shows bruh 🤣🤣. Or kids being taught there are 900 genders 😂

And please tell us how you made the kangaroo jump from separation of religion and state to that conclusion?

Pakistan is the sole reason why the world even takes Muslims seriously. We as a nation were birthed upon the "there is no god but Allah" notion and that is visible when we are the only ones pushing against Islamophobia on the world stage where we are often on our own, alone, but still vouching for the ummah to get its head together. And we shall continue to uphold the integrity of Islam till eternity.

And Pakistan is doing such a wonderful job of it, right? :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom