What's new

Tunisia foils an UAE-sponsored coup.

Crescent and moon isn't unique to Turkey. Pakistan flag also has it. Crescent and moon on some north African flags has nothing to do with Ottoman.

North African ties to Turkey are strong and have a deep basis in history and culture. The same is the case for Pakistan.

Ofcourse we don't expect you to understand.

Crescent and moon isn't unique to Turkey. Pakistan flag also has it. Crescent and moon on some north African flags has nothing to do with Ottoman.
And where you think Pakistan got inspired?
82-18-5-3-10-21-12m.jpg

North African countries view Turkey same as Ukraine and Baltic countries view Russia. Former rulers but now independent country.

Did you read about the Beylik of Tunis? Tunisian flag is based on the Ottoman naval flag directly.

That is because Ottoman were viewed as liberators and defenders of Tunis.

North African ties to Turkey are strong and have a deep basis in history and culture. The same is the case for Pakistan.

Ofcourse we don't expect you to understand.
@Austin Powers It's in Turkish but use the Google translate:

Tunus'un bayrağı Türklerden miras

This one's was in use between 1805-1831:

800px-Tunisian_flag_till_1831.svg.png

And this one's between 1831-1881:

800px-Flag_of_Tunisia_%281959%E2%80%931999%29.svg.png

Did you read about the Beylik of Tunis? Tunisian flag is based on the Ottoman naval flag directly.

That is because Ottoman were viewed as liberators and defenders of Tunis.
There had been a lot of conflicts between the Ottomans and the Spanish for Tunis back then

@Austin Powers It's in Turkish but use the Google translate:

Tunus'un bayrağı Türklerden miras

This one's was in use between 1805-1831:

800px-Tunisian_flag_till_1831.svg.png

And this one's between 1831-1881:

800px-Flag_of_Tunisia_%281959%E2%80%931999%29.svg.png

There had been a lot of conflicts between the Ottomans and the Spanish for Tunis back then
but some Arab countries say that ottomans were just colonizing their country. so which one is true?? they see you as brothers or oppressors??

And where you think Pakistan got inspired?
82-18-5-3-10-21-12m.jpg

Yes, Pakistan was created by the Muslim League, whose flag was exactly like the Ottoman flag.

1280px-Flag_of_Muslim_League.svg.png

Original ML flag.

Later for Pakistan a white band was added to represent minorities, mainly Christians.

Another influence was the last Mughal flag, which also was influenced by the Ottomans.

main-qimg-baf3bc64383a07fee4abe274e8bb20b0

but some Arab countries say that ottomans were just colonizing their country. so which one is true?? they see you as brothers or oppressors??

The Levant and Peninsular Arabs had a different history from those of the Maghreb.

Well, what do you mean by colonizing? Arabic nationalism is a joke, if they say the sky is blue, don't believe them.
I'm not saying your colonizing them some Arabs said it here and there online. including here in PDF.
I'm just curious how Sunni Arabs feel regarding ottoman rule in their country.
Today Iran is colonizing the Arab world, in Yemen, Syria, Lebanon, and Iraq, yet somehow Turkey is to be blamed someplace. Lol.
Kuwait charged (actually international court of law did) iraq to pay them billions of dollars as reprisal to the war imposed on them. if I remember correctly iran can get 400 billions of dollars from Iraq for Iran-Iraq war but it didn't. so please spare me with that iran and colonization myth.

I'm not saying your colonizing them some Arabs said it here and there online. including here in PDF.
I'm just curious how Sunni Arabs feel regarding ottoman rule in their country.

Any of them from North Africa? Also they are not completely Arab, Berber/Amazigh genetics are a major part of them too.

Any of them from North Africa? Also they are not completely Arab, Berber/Amazigh genetics are a major part of them too.
how should I know people don't show their ID online lol.
the thing is Turkey has a bad track record in finding friends in region last experience was HTS. last month they were calling their leader pasha now they are doing sucide attacks on Turkish troops.

how should I know people don't show their ID online lol.
the thing is Turkey has a bad track record in finding friends in region last experience was HTS. last month they were calling their leader pasha now they are doing sucide attacks on Turkish troops.

What are you talking about? @HannibalBarca Was the only member from North Africa on this forum and he was pro-Turkish. Sadly he is gone from this forum.

Back
Top Bottom