What's new

TTP will not attack Pakistan Army

I believe the issue is really more in the rural areas. Special police can deal with terrorists in cities.

Personally I am a very emotional and at times vengeful person. Lets say someone comes every few days and slaps me every few days. Personally I'd love to give a tight slap to this person. But then there's something in my mind telling me to wait for my day... this basically demonstrates two warring concepts in my head.

One is my wish to see each and every terrorist either dead or brutally punished, that is my emotions speaking and if you think of it these guys are a cancer-it is a matter of justice that a man who has killed a Pakistani citizen before must be punished for it. The other option is what my mind tells me. It is to give Imran Khan's solution a try which is peace talks. Personally the reason my mind is for it is because from his mothers side he is a Burki (from South Waziristan, kaniguram to be specific which is hearland of Burki's) so he may know more and the other thing is the failure of previous operations, particularly rah e haq and rah e nijat (the failure can be gauged from the fact that the top leadership wasn't apprehended and the territory came under militant control again soon after.)... so if these operations failed in their basic objectives... then well nothing else is working so with a heavy heart go ahead and make a deal with the killers of thousands of Pakistanis.

Also FATA isn't really urbanized so I don't see the army occupying cities in the near future but towns or villages with around 20,000 or less population yes... but that is war. As far as the cities are concerned there should be no reason the police cannot deal with the law and order there, including terrorism. In India they have never used the army against the maoists. Also even in Kashmir they never used artillery bombardment or airstrikes. Those too have a high risk of civilian casualties. (I know casualties and have interviewed surviving members of family as a journalist. Not pleasant and it alienates civilians.)

It is in rural areas where there is an issue with the police. For example for about 14 villages in Beer council (in Haripur district) only Telhala has a police station and the police strength is very low. That is where the police can do little to nothing against the type of foe we are facing. I don't know what we are really going to do.

I can suggest what I know but as far as this war is concerned I have no clue how to proceed. Its callous apathy and negligence not to launch an operation after they kill so many people but again the question arises what did operations achieve... did they eliminate the top TTP echelons of power, did they ruin the Taliban and ravage their functioning capability, did they achieve anything? Their are reports of civilian casualties I keep hearing though whenever an operation is launched. So

Thanks for sharing your feelings i agree with most of what you say.

Like i said, deploying the military to occupy and administer a city is not a decision you just make spontaneously. Operationally, logistically -- it requires planning and it requires the people on the ground to be on board.

There are certain sensitivities in Balochistan Province which also have to be kept in mind.

When the order is given, they can be there in position within a matter of hours/days

First they need ajazat from Asma Jahangirs and those types -- people who seem to be sleeping nowdays.

Just curious how will the TTP atone for killing so many Pak Servicemen till date?

the number of dead personnel (shaheeds) PALES in comparison to the number of dead terrorists whom we dispatched to their Creator

T

the number of dead personnel (shaheeds) PALES in comparison to the number of dead terrorists whom we dispatched to their Creator

I agree TTP looses everytime it fights an organised force like the PA but my point is PA has made many overtures to them YET, so my question is what does PA want from them now?

I agree TTP looses everytime it fights an organised force like the PA but my point is PA has made many overtures to them YET,

nope, we gave what we thought would be "peace" a chance in 2008 and unfortunately TTP failed to keep loyal to its word so therefore action to wipe them out was justified

so my question is what does PA want from them now?

to die fighting, or surrender

nope, we gave what we thought would be "peace" a chance in 2008 and unfortunately TTP failed to keep loyal to its word so therefore action to wipe them out was justified

to die fighting, or surrender

Fair Enough and lets see what the future holds.

For all those asking there was a report in August 2011 that stated about 22000 terrorists had been killed till then however the issue with these statistics was they did not take collateral damage and airstrikes into account which during my talks with people in Swat for Badal I have also learned about. The number has probably risen since then though. In 2011 the casualties were higher of civilians and soldiers than of militants... that is a trend I do not like...

Also there are other figures as well. Most however rely on military statistics as journalists do not have easy access to a lot of areas.

I believe the talks are not with the rented terrorists who are financed by enemy of Pakistan.

THEY ARE BEYOND REDEMPTION, THEY ARE BEYOND FORGIVENESS; THEY'VE SPILLED TOO MUCH BLOOD.

TOO LATE FOR APOLOGIES, TOO LATE FOR 'OFFERS'

FIND THEM, HUNT THEM DOWN, KILL OR CAPTURE THEM. THAT'S IT.

THEY ARE FIGHTING NO JIHAD. THE REAL JIHAD IS BEING FOUGHT BY PAKISTAN ARMY. THESE PEOPLE ARE CRIMINALS, TERRORISTS. THEY WILL BE TREATED THUSLY.

Ok, seriously. I love Pakistan as much as you do. But I am more realistic. First of all, they have never apologised.

Secondly, are you SERIOUS? Real Jihad by Pakistan Army???? Have you lost your marbles or invented a new quran with a different jihad?? Jihad is for Allah. Last time I checked, Pakistan Army was a US Ally, allowed/s drones, nato supplies, takes billions of dollars from USA etc.. Don't get me wrong. I am not TTP sympathiser, but I think Afghan Talibans are right.

But our army has even captured MANY afghan talibs are tortured them (including afghan taliban ambassador). The recently released Afghan Taliban men has allege this (Taliban Commanders Say They Were Tortured by Pakistani Intelligence - The Daily Beast).

Now for your hunting down part. America has been doing that for 11+ years. With its intelligence, daisy cutters, b-52s and drones, has it succeeded? What makes you think PA is better or will succeed in those mountains?

Peace is the ONLY way forward. Achieved through dialogue and by ending AMERICAN SLAVERY. But our Politiciand AND ARMY still takes BILLIONS from the amreekans..

Whatever you do or believe, please dont call american supported war as jihad.

If TTP does not attack Pakistani army,

the next question, whom will they attack, Pakistani civilians? US bases? Afghan national army? or Indian army?

Some good news if true! Looks like things are moving forward with the talks.

Pakistani Taliban say they will not attack Pak army | Pakistan | DAWN.COM

so they will NOT BEHEAD LEVIS? BUT they will attack our airforce and navy bases and also blow bombs on our streeets! :cheers:

and we are supposed to be happy at this?????

man who the hell is this hakimullah meshud boy to say anything against pakistan or decide who to kill or not!

@ shar

india is not a possiblity because where else will they get weapons from!

Ok, seriously. I love Pakistan as much as you do. But I am more realistic. First of all, they have never apologised.

Secondly, are you SERIOUS? Real Jihad by Pakistan Army???? Have you lost your marbles or invented a new quran with a different jihad?? Jihad is for Allah. Last time I checked, Pakistan Army was a US Ally, allowed/s drones, nato supplies, takes billions of dollars from USA etc.. Don't get me wrong. I am not TTP sympathiser, but I think Afghan Talibans are right.

But our army has even captured MANY afghan talibs are tortured them (including afghan taliban ambassador). The recently released Afghan Taliban men has allege this (Taliban Commanders Say They Were Tortured by Pakistani Intelligence - The Daily Beast).

Now for your hunting down part. America has been doing that for 11+ years. With its intelligence, daisy cutters, b-52s and drones, has it succeeded? What makes you think PA is better or will succeed in those mountains?

Peace is the ONLY way forward. Achieved through dialogue and by ending AMERICAN SLAVERY. But our Politiciand AND ARMY still takes BILLIONS from the amreekans..

Whatever you do or believe, please dont call american supported war as jihad.

So here we have a TTP supporter after a long time.

Lets analyze what AZ said, Pakistan Army is doing Jihad, I agree. There's supporting evidence for it. They are not fighting any American War, the day TTP started slaughtering our soldiers and civilians, it became our war, our very own war, which America dont give a **** about. Which we are fighting alone. I hope you're wise enough to understand and I'll not have to quote you the relevant Hadith and Verses of the Holy Qur'an to prove that fighting anf killing TTP is JIHAD. Safeguarding your citizens is Jihad. Crushing the fitna(TTP) is Jihad.

And if you feel that fighting against the TTP is NOT Jihad, then surely you're in a messed up state of mind right now and should think deep about your loyalty to Pakistan 'cause you either think like Imran Khan or TTP themselves.

They killed our thousands of soldiers and now they are saying that they will not attack on Pak army. Don't trust those truculent people

Back
Top Bottom