What's new

TTP threatens more husband-and-wife bombings

T-Faz

RETIRED MOD
Reaction score
MIRANSHAH: The Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) claimed on Monday that a married Uzbek couple carried out a suicide attack on the police station in Dera Ismail Khan at the weekend and threatened further husband-and-wife bombings.

It was the first claim of its kind and only the second time that police confirmed a woman blew herself up.

Ten policemen were killed on Saturday when Taliban militants in burqas attacked the police station near South Waziristan.

“We sent a husband and wife,” Taliban spokesman Ehsanullah Ehsan told AFP, identifying them as “Uzbek nationals”.

“We have several such couples and we will keep on targeting security forces in Afghanistan and Pakistan until the doors of oppression are shut.”

Officials had said six attackers were killed after a squad of fighters armed with guns and hand grenades, and disguised in burqas, attacked Kolachi police station and took a group of policemen hostage.

“According to information from our intelligence sources, the bombers were husband and wife but we don’t have any substantial information to prove that at the moment,” police official Imtiaz Shah told AFP.

“The heads of the two bombers we have found show that they were not Pakistani,” he added.

As in practically all claims of responsibility since US forces killed Osama bin Laden in Pakistan on May 2, the Taliban said they were avenging his death.

“We sent one male and one female suicide bomber to participate in the attack because we want to liberate our people from the slavery of America,” spokesman Ehsan told AFP.

The Taliban have claimed a series of high-profile attacks on government security forces across the country since US Navy SEALs killed the al Qaeda chief in Abbottabad.

TTP threatens more husband-and-wife bombings – The Express Tribune

They don't have any drone strikes in Uzbekistan so what exactly are these Uzbeks seeking revenge for?

Leader ask Imran and report back, yesterday you said that they probably lost children in strikes thats why they are attacking the state.

only one phrase for these animals, mother******!!!!!!11,mods, please dont report me.

They don't have any drone strikes in Uzbekistan so what exactly are these Uzbeks seeking revenge for?

Leader ask Imran and report back, yesterday you said that they probably lost children in strikes thats why they are attacking the state.

These Uzbeks are radicalized IMU members, Al-Qaeda affiliates with their dream of installing their distorted version of Islamic Shariah over Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Pakistan, Afghanistan; they are global terrorists with global agendas. They have most of their safe havens in Kunar, Afghanistan. They are a direct threat to the nation of Pakistan.

These Uzbeks are radicalized IMU members, Al-Qaeda affiliates with their dream of installing their distorted version of Islamic Shariah over Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Pakistan, Afghanistan; they are global terrorists with global agendas. They have most of their safe havens in Kunar, Afghanistan. They are a direct threat to the nation of Pakistan.

I know but according to some people here, they carry out these attacks because they have lost family members in drone strikes and thus are acting in revenge.

Firstly, why are Uzbeks here, they should stay back in their own place and overthrow their own Gov first.

OBL was found in pakistan- so Uzbeks bombs pakistan
OBL was found in pakistan- so TTP bombs pakistan.
OBL was found in pakistan- so US bombs pakistan.
OBL was found in pakistan- so Afghans raid pakistan checkpost.

WTH??

Only India and china does not interfere and watches silently.

Members may not like me bringing the name India , but i can see that India Pak border is now the safest place.

I think they took the "till death do us part" thing a bit too seriously.
The TTP already uses little girls..
next thing you know they'll plant explosives inside a pregnant woman and send her to a hospital..

Could happen.

What is happening to Pakistan?

It is as if any malcontent from anywhere in the world comes over to Pakistan and has a ball?

Sincerely, I feel sorry for Pakistan.

I know but according to some people here, they carry out these attacks because they have lost family members in drone strikes and thus are acting in revenge.

Firstly, why are Uzbeks here, they should stay back in their own place and overthrow their own Gov first.

They have no right to be here. But the thing is, they have been given refuge by local Pashtun groups to fight the US Forces in Afghanistan. These international Uzbek fighters also have the dreams of Global Jihad, installing their version of "Shariah" over every country, including Pakistan. Right now, the US (non-Muslim, Kafir) invasion of Afghanistan (Islamic Republic) has galvanized all these groups to come together, & fight the common enemy in Afghanistan. These international Uzbek fighters need the refuge & protection of local Pashtun groups (& are completely dependent on them for support). The main IMU network has a major stronghold in the safe havens of Kunar, Afghanistan; & they operate independently there. In Pakistan, they don't have the network established, but every time the local groups need additional fighters, because of the porous border, these Uzbek terrorists cross over from Kunar, Afghanistan; & fill in the numbers. In Pakistan, there is no IMU network, only a bunch of Uzbek fighters.

What is happening to Pakistan?

It is as if any malcontent from anywhere in the world comes over to Pakistan and has a ball?

Sincerely, I feel sorry for Pakistan.

Don't worry about Pakistan, Pakistan will manage to get out of this mess, even though things are a bit screwed right now. It's just the goddamn porous border with Afghanistan that is the major problem.

@Bilal

I know what you are telling me but I am just waiting to hear from Taliban sympathizers, I want to see how they justify the involvement of Uzbeks here.

@Bilal

I know what you are telling me but I am just waiting to hear from Taliban sympathizers, I want to see how they justify the involvement of Uzbeks here.

ok, my bad...

The IMU or IMT are a pro Al qaeda and pro Taliban terrorist group. They fought alongside the Taliban in 2001 and got badly mauled, lost many leaders. Due to pressure of ISAF in Afghanistan, most remnants fled to Waziristan where they are still holed up and here they run terror camps and are now involved with other groups attempting to overthrow the government of Pakistan.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom