What's new

TTP threatens more husband-and-wife bombings

Taliban said that they have more of these want-to-be suicide bomber couples who are ready to die. Now if we had these couples under our influence, they'll probably want to settle down, have kids and have a peaceful life. After all, they did get married just for that and not to see each other being blown up to pieces. Now this is what Imran says, get these low-rankers on your side who can be easily manipulated and rehabilitated back into the society and then go after the high profile hardcore militants. Is it really that difficult to understand ?

A good example of this is how the the Army did it in SWAT, they killed the figure-heads and the rest of the lowly followers are being brainwashed and assimilated back into the society. Don't tell me you disagree with the Army's approach as well now ?

I can take many a jibes at Musharraf as well but don't feel very Commando-ish today.

I don't think its our responsibility to help these Uzbeks as they are neither Pakistani citizens nor do we have the right to help them get settled and out of the terrorists ideological hold.

Is that too difficult to understand?

They are not the subjects of this country and hence the GoP has no authority over them, its Uzbekistan duty to help, all we can do is deport.

This way, we will have to help every Afghan, Arab, Uzbek, Tajik etc who waltzed into Pakistan and is now on a mission to overthrow the government.

As for Musharraf, you can take as many jibes at him, it wont matter to me. I liked him initially but now he hobnobs all over the place and does not address the real issues just like Imran Khan.

No, Imran is saying these attacks are happening because we are with US in this WOT. This alliance gives justification to taliban for acting against Pakistan. If we disengage from US and form our own foreign and internal policy, these groups will automatically be taken care of.

They would have then no justification to attack Pakistan, since Pakistan would have disengaged from the US, and if they did they would be taken out very easily as they would have no support among the people whatsoever.

Really, so all this is because of Pakistans partnership with the US and not the fact that these people want to establish an Islamic state by overthrowing the government.

Pray tell, why did Sufi Mohammed led the Malakand uprising in 1994 against the state over implementation of Sharia.

Tempers flared again in November 1994 and an operation was launched against the TNSM and Sufi Muhammad and other senior leaders were arrested.

Militancy in Malakand: Sufi Muhammad charged with terror – The Express Tribune

More than a thousand were killed when the army launched an operation in Malakand then, oddly there weren't any Americans in the region then.

Just because we "disengage" with the US does not mean that these groups will stop. Infact they have said that they will continue attacking the state even after the US has left the region.

TTP Warning:

They have a reason and a goal, they want to implement Sharia and turn Pakistan into an Islamic state, they have been trying this since they came from Afghanistan after the Civil War.

I do agree that if the US leaves, things will get better but these people will continue to operate as they do.

Abruptly ending relations with US would have terrible consequences for this nation, a better relation must be sought than what we have now.

Indo-Pak border is nothing like Afghan border. Comparison is useless.

We dont have mountains,ravines and valleys all along , instead we have deserts and plains where fences can be easily constructed.

We dont have tribals and their blood relations living on either side of the border unwilling to erect a fence inbetween

The land itself was not ungoverned or a sort of no-man's-land the Afghan border is.

The Indian or Pak govt does not claim any part along the International Border except the small stretch of LoC or Sir Creek while there the Afghans claim the entire KPK province or atleast the FATA region,

A small correction, if I may.

LC is not a small stretch and it is mountains, high mountains and higher mountains, with valleys, ravines, landslides, avalanches, floods, rarefied air etc.

You name it and it is there that include desert, they call it the snow desert!

Most of these terrorists are from central Asian states. Pakistan should complain to all these countries about the problem with their citizens being involved in terrorist activities across Pakistan.

I don't think its our responsibility to help these Uzbeks as they are neither Pakistani citizens nor do we have the right to help them get settled and out of the terrorists ideological hold.

Is that too difficult to understand?

They are not the subjects of this country and hence the GoP has no authority over them, its Uzbekistan duty to help, all we can do is deport.

This way, we will have to help every Afghan, Arab, Uzbek, Tajik etc who waltzed into Pakistan and is now on a mission to overthrow the government.

As for Musharraf, you can take as many jibes at him, it wont matter to me. I liked him initially but now he hobnobs all over the place and does not address the real issues just like Imran Khan.

Neither me nor did the PTI ever advocated helping the foreigners. If you ever happen to listen to IK, he always uses the term " Apnay Kabaili Loog ". I don't say that we should be the good Samaritan and go around helping everyone but we can and should/must help the citizens of the state of Pakistan. Here it is in simple plain words: Get as many people as you can on your side through incentives based dialogue reducing the strength of the militants, and then those remaining hardcores who are not willing to accept the writ of the state, wipe them off the face of the earth regardless of being a Pakistani or an Uzbek.

This not only saves material but also mortal lives, be it in the shape of civilians or soldiers. It is not enough to do the right thing but to do the right thing the right way to be truly effective.

Neither me nor did the PTI ever advocated helping the foreigners. If you ever happen to listen to IK, he always uses the term " Apnay Kabaili Loog ". I don't say that we should be the good Samaritan and go around helping everyone but we can and should/must help the citizens of the state of Pakistan. Here it is in simple plain words: Get as many people as you can on your side through incentives based dialogue reducing the strength of the militants, and then those remaining hardcores who are not willing to accept the writ of the state, wipe them off the face of the earth regardless of being a Pakistani or an Uzbek.

This not only saves material but also mortal lives, be it in the shape of civilians or soldiers. It is not enough to do the right thing but to do the right thing the right way to be truly effective.

Nice plan, let me know how it goes.

I think they took the "till death do us part" thing a bit too seriously.
The TTP already uses little girls..
next thing you know they'll plant explosives inside a pregnant woman and send her to a hospital..

Could happen.
Please dont give your ideas here. Enough taliban jasoos in this forum already. :)

Nice plan, let me know how it goes.

It's worked wonderfully well in Swat and can be emulated in the Tribal belt as well. All we need is vision,will and a little bit of patience.

Really, so all this is because of Pakistans partnership with the US and not the fact that these people want to establish an Islamic state by overthrowing the government.

Pray tell, why did Sufi Mohammed led the Malakand uprising in 1994 against the state over implementation of Sharia.w.

Once again, main problem in tackling these groups is alliance with US and not having an independent foreign policy. This groups fighting for Islamic rule in the State have no support among the masses in Pakistan.

Case in point sufi Mohd. and the Malakand operation - which was very successful because army and the people were on the same page that these guys are wrong in their implementation of their version of Islam in the country and must be rooted out. Their was no confusion within the armys lower ranks about their enemy. And results are in front of our eyes, how successful the military operation was.

Now we disengage from the US, we take ttps justification to fight Pak with that. We take action against them and army has full support of its people behind them and no confusion within the ranks of army about enemy. We are fighting our enemy on our accord and not at US's behest.

And whatever group is left who's fighting for a "true Islamic state" will be taken care of like sufi Mohd. very quickly and effectively.

We need a new word for the type of state they want because it sure isnt one based on Islam. They murder the inocent dress in burkas and send 8 year olds as suicide bombers, that is not the action of a mujahideen that is the action of a coward a man afraid to stand before Allah.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom