What's new

TTP raid on army post Waziristan.

IMG-20220413-WA0004.jpg

Rest of the pics are graphic therefore won't post them.

IMG-20220413-WA0004.jpg

I've just seen the video of the firefight as well. Our surveillance assets were continously monitoring the terrorists move, our operators were able to guide Shujaat party successfully towards them. Thereafter the firefight started.

View attachment 833756

I've just seen the video of the firefight as well. Our surveillance assets were continously monitoring the terrorists move, our operators were able to guide Shujaat party successfully towards them. Thereafter the firefight started.
We know the fauj is trying to do its utmost but still, we are losing some quality men in big numbers.

Since the start of 2022 alone, we have lost a high number of officers and regulars in almost regular raids and IBOs.

Not in large numbers
Taking into account the FC alongside army regulars the casualties are high. I started to map out the casualties both of the terrorists and SFs but ended up disbanding the whole project. Starting from Jan 2022 till March figures were relatively high but I do remember we had killed up to around 60+ insurgents by mid March.

way too many losses in Waziristan and baluchistan in the last few months.
Have foreign fighters been detected or all are locals ?
This is very important in a insurgency.
If its all local then the emphasis should be on non military solutions , with military secondary. The locals have to feel that the local government is representing them and not others. A sense of belongingness. Then they direct their anger at their own political setup rather than a perceived "outside " force.
If foreign fighters are involved then its a different approach. Then diplomatic pressure should be applied along with irrefutable evidence. Here emphasis should be on interrupting weapon supply and movement of personnel.
Doing the same thing for years will give you the same results.

Taking into account the FC alongside army regulars the casualties are high. I started to map out the casualties both of the terrorists and SFs but ended up disbanding the whole project. Starting from Jan 2022 till March figures were relatively high but I do remember we had killed up to around 60+ insurgents by mid March.
These numbers do not include those whose bodies we could not recover.

However, for terrorists, who normally number in mere hundreds maybe, 60 is a pretty large figure.

These numbers do not include those whose bodies we could not recover.

However, for terrorists, who normally number in mere hundreds maybe, 60 is a pretty large figure.
1 trained soldier is worth more than low-life insurgents. We have some of the best-trained regulars in the subcontinent if not the best.

As annoying as some members will find my rants but I with my whole heart will desire the best for our combatants. The army was my passion from a young age it's a pity I never made the call to join Military College Jhelum.

It's life I guess.

Old story. We have discussed such incursions to death over the years. Many solutions have been discussed till death. The top brass of the armed forces are only good at interfering in politics. When it comes to their real duties they seem to be careless. Such attacks reveal that frontline soldiers don't even have bare minimum hardware and protection to properly retaliate nor protect themselves. They are not provided with surveillance drones and don't have proper vehicles to move around. Often they don't even have the numbers. Every time you analyse an attack it is the same story.

Not assessing the strength of the enemy is something which most of our army and especially our SSG excel at....your confidence in yourself and the men under your command always steers you to places and situations which a logical mind wont go in....that unfortunately is how a real battle is fought.
Is that a result of poor training? This is not confidence rather it is arrogance.

Nopes, I can then only pray that you get a chance to live through a firefight.

Was 313 going against 1000 arrogance?
Is it possible to start a thread where declassified battle information can be shared. There is a lot of material American release about their military, love to get an insight of how our brave men fight for our freedom. I am not from a military family, so searching online and this forum is all I got.

View attachment 833756

How many did we despatch?? Confirmed and probables....

Establishment should never take out the Nargis drones and Bilawal PGMs because they are just for show

Back
Top Bottom