What's new

TTP gets a taste of their own medicine

I would consider that to be Good News in the WOT. It will go a long way towards eliminating the scourge of the TTP and the menace that they pose in Pakistan.

May there be more news like this. It will be a huge morale-booster for the Pakistani security forces who are working to eliminate the trouble-makers.

There are lots of news like these .. but using suiciders on the suiciders is a first. Till now the terror was spread one directionally. Having a coordinated extremely successful attack which probably saw them loosing an entire town and being shown by the PAF that they were involved with the incident is a huge game changer.

There are lots of news like these .. but using suiciders on the suiciders is a first. Till now the terror was spread one directionally. Having a coordinated extremely successful attack which probably saw them loosing an entire town and being shown by the PAF that they were involved with the incident is a huge game changer.

I agree with you. First of all it will act to put the Talibaboons under great pressure; which is something new for them. Secondly, it will just stiffen the resolve of the Pakistani Security Forces to decisively deal with them.
Way to go!

BTW, @jaibi has made some very useful suggestions in his post above. The general public must be taken on board and involved psychologically in the campaign against the Talibaboons. The public has been the greatest sufferor in all the Terrorist depredations. They will also gain heart from operatons and news like this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Most TTP are not comprised of local tribes, or at least not of one tribe, consists mostly of newbee punjabi TTP members who think they are entitled to that culture. These people have killed countless local tribals in the name of their Wahabi lord. This is in all probability payback from the local tribes.

The problem here on this forum is whenever they hear the word "TTP", they think it's synonymous with Pashtuns, that's hardly the case. TTP as a body is composed of more foreign (Punjabi Taliban + LeJ + LeT(new player) + foreign fighters) than it is composed of Pashtuns from any local tribe. It has just been sold as TTP = Pasthuns. That's where the problem lies. The media.

I personally intend to see to it that I catch few of these foreign ones, and extract some relevant info. Wish me luck on my trip. :D

LeT? I thought they were specifically Kashmir focused?
Have they changed their area of operations recently? Expanding or refocusing ?

I agree with you. First of all it will act to put the Talibaboons under great pressure; which is something new for them. Secondly, it will just stiffen the resolve of the Pakistani Security Forces to decisively deal with them.
Way to go!

BTW, @jaibi has made some very useful suggestions in his post above. The general public must be taken on board and involved psychologically in the campaign against the Talibaboons. The public has been the greatest sufferor in all the Terrorist depredations. They will also gain heart from operatons and news like this.

Nice to hear from you, Capt., absolutely, unless we can garner the public support this long term conflict will make us bleed more and more. I'm surprised that people have a schema of Terrorists being in remote villages in FATA; they're actually on our streets!

Nice to hear from you, Capt., absolutely, unless we can garner the public support this long term conflict will make us bleed more and more. I'm surprised that people have a schema of Terrorists being in remote villages in FATA; they're actually on our streets!

@jaibi; can't put it any better than as you have! The fact is that the terrorists have a presence in TWO forms.
One, which is physical as in the form of the Terrorists themselves.
Second, in the form of sympathy/involvement in the minds of votaries of their philosophy. To this I would add (though its not strictly correct) the fear that they have/are able to create in the minds of the populace at large.
Both aspects/forms need to be tackled.

@jaibi; can't put it any better than as you have! The fact is that the terrorists have a presence in TWO forms.
One, which is physical as in the form of the Terrorists themselves.
Second, in the form of sympathy/involvement in the minds of votaries of their philosophy. To this I would add (though its not strictly correct) the fear that they have/are able to create in the minds of the populace at large.
Both aspects/forms need to be tackled.

True, and in this war we need to fight both of these presence

PAF should be used heavily & Pakistan desperately needs a nice fleet of armed drones to solve most of the problems.

PAF should be used heavily & Pakistan desperately needs a nice fleet of armed drones to solve most of the problems.

No more drones.

I don't care if a jawan loses his life, but indiscriminate bombing must cease to exist.

In that case, you first, lead the way

Dare ask that question to the people in my family serving in Army.

If my father never sent me to the US, the Army would have been my provider.

I can die easily knowing my fellow countryman was not killed due to an intelligence failure.

The difference between you liberal yuppies and us is that we accept that we are going to die one day, so why take innocent blood with you to the grave?

I can die easily knowing my fellow countryman was not killed due to an intelligence failure.

You will be more useful alive, as will the jawan you seem to think is better off dead than terrorists and their enablers.
There is a reason terrorists are welcome there, it is because they find people who hold similar views

You will be more useful alive, as will the jawan you seem to think is better off dead than terrorists and their enablers.
There is a reason terrorists are welcome there, it is because they find people who hold similar views

I will give my life twice over, before having an innocent Pakistani's house bombed.

I believe in that.

Why is PA successful in our tribal areas?

Because instead of going to the half *** approach of bombs on 'suspects' like USA, they brought the fight door to door even if it cost them lives.

For us this is not a propaganda war. We are willing to sacrifice our lives for a better future for the ones that are oppressed and kept in the dark.

I pray for no casualties, but if some men go to their death, they go happily knowing that they tried to make a difference.

My self? I may sound like an arm chair general, but to me, my own life is cheap. In the eyes, in the name of my god, my life is worthless, unless I strive to make a difference.

Coming from yours truly,

The son of an EX Pakistani Air-force engineer, a Wahabi.

I will give my life twice over, before having an innocent Pakistani's house bombed.

I believe in that.

In that case, lead the way - why insist some Jawan lead the way? -- You sound very young, live and let the terrorist reap his reward in hell

In that case, lead the way - why insist some Jawan lead the way? -- You sound very young, live and let the terrorist reap his reward in hell

I am in late twenties, but you still do not seem to understand the message.

There are Pakistanis like me, and even better than me willing to sacrifice their lives for our nation.

If I have to risk stepping on bombs to save the life of this lovely child, I am all for it.

111222013028-drone-victim-shakira-story-top.jpg

Yeh bhi kisi ki betii hain.

Yeh bhi kisi ki betii hain.

Tell that to terrorists - I'm sure they are open to that message - It's interesting that Pakistani victims of terrorism have not been your choice, I hope you will reconsider, or at least those who fund this terrorism against Pakistan, you know from where, may be open to the strong position you have advocated.

BTW - A bomb has been exploded in Nowshera where IDP were to get relief -- innocent?

Back
Top Bottom