What's new

Trump swears at old ally Netanyahu for congratulating Biden on winning US presidency: report

HAIDER

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I miss him, such a honest and straight person ... lol

Trump swears at old ally Netanyahu for congratulating Biden on winning US presidency: report
AFPPublished December 10, 2021 - Updated 36 minutes ago
Facebook Count
Twitter Share

In this file photo, US President Donald Trump and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu attend the Abraham Accords signing ceremony on the South Lawn of the White House, in Washington, Sept15, 2020. — AP

In this file photo, US President Donald Trump and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu attend the Abraham Accords signing ceremony on the South Lawn of the White House, in Washington, Sept15, 2020. — AP
Former US president Donald Trump spat an expletive about his old ally, Israel's ex-prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu, for congratulating Joe Biden on his victory in last year's election, according to a new book.
Trump lashed out in an interview for a book on US-Israel relations during his presidency, author Barak Ravid wrote on the Axios website on Friday.
“Donald Trump and Benjamin Netanyahu were the closest of political allies during the four years they overlapped in office, at least in public. Not anymore,” Ravid wrote.
“I haven't spoken to him since,” Trump told Ravid in an interview. “F**k him.”

Ravid said that he interviewed Trump twice for his forthcoming book, “Trump's Peace: The Abraham Accords and the Reshaping of the Middle East”.
Read: Israel, UAE, Bahrain sign historic Trump-brokered accords
He said Trump, who appeared close to Netanyahu while president from 2017 to 2021, was repeatedly critical of him in the interviews.
“The final straw for Trump was when Netanyahu congratulated president-elect Biden for his election victory while Trump was still disputing the result,” Ravid wrote.
Netanyahu offered his congratulations some 12 hours after Biden's victory became clear. Trump has never conceded the election, claiming without evidence that Biden won by vote fraud.
Other foreign leaders congratulated Biden earlier than the Israeli leader, but for Trump Netanyahu stood out.
“The first person that congratulated [Biden] was Bibi Netanyahu, the man that I did more for than any other person I dealt with,” Trump said, according to Ravid.
“Bibi could have stayed quiet. He has made a terrible mistake,” Trump said, using Netanyahu's nickname.
“I liked Bibi. I still like Bibi. But I also like loyalty,” he said. Ravid writes that Trump was unhappy that Netanyahu did not help him remain in office.
Netanyahu responded to the Axios story in a statement Friday.
“I highly appreciate president Trump's big contribution to Israel and its security,” he said.
“I also appreciate the importance of the strong alliance between Israel and the US and therefore it was important for me to congratulate the incoming president.”
Both former leaders could return to power.
Trump remains the de facto leader of the Republican Party and is keeping open the option of running for president in 2024. Netanyahu, who lost power earlier this year, is currently leader of the opposition in Israel's Knesset.

Generalising comment if I ever saw one.
Yes and 100% true.
3000 years they wondered the earth landless and wherever they went they were hated. They fliusihed under Muslims and now look at what they are doing in Palestine after the Palestinians welcomed them.
So fact speak and delusional brainwashed people but the fact they are poor helpless persecuted Jews who are God's chosen people and goyam like you must serve them. Yes you are goyam
Trump did major work by moving US embassy and the rest of the job will be done by the new administration.
Trumps daughter is married to an evil jew zionist called Kushner. When ur daughter is making favist babies not muchbu can do

This is a big nothing Burger

Conveying congratulations to a newly elected leader is well within normal protocol...

But then again, we are talking about Trump after all. The man's ego is the size of New York City.

Was he left out of the loop and just realized that he was just acting as a clown in a sharade of a non-democracy and that he was merely used and disposed of like a puppet? Or he is still just acting the game that this whole election process and dumbed down U.S. party rivalism and U.S. media bickering are genuine.

This is a big nothing Burger

Conveying congratulations to a newly elected leader is well within normal protocol...

But then again, we are talking about Trump after all. The man's ego is the size of New York City.

It was not just because of that but because Nethanyu took clear distance from Trump when things unraval for him in the US and taking the holier than thou route that got to him obviously as they enjoyed tight relations previously and felt betrayed

Yes and 100% true.
3000 years they wondered the earth landless and wherever they went they were hated. They fliusihed under Muslims and now look at what they are doing in Palestine after the Palestinians welcomed them.
So fact speak and delusional brainwashed people but the fact they are poor helpless persecuted Jews who are God's chosen people and goyam like you must serve them. Yes you are goyam

Trumps daughter is married to an evil jew zionist called Kushner. When ur daughter is making favist babies not muchbu can do
I don’t hear anything but facts my man

Trump can burn bridges as swiftly as he can talk. Interesting type of politician.

Trump can burn bridges as swiftly as he can talk. Interesting type of politician.

Yes, he burns Bridges, but then comes kissing *** back to people when he needs them.

However, he will never give up chicken McNuggets.

Yes, he burns Bridges, but then comes kissing *** back to people when he needs them.

However, he will never give up chicken McNuggets.

I think he is pragmatist in that, if needs be, he will make good friends with old enemies, and vice versa.

Back
Top Bottom