What's new

Trump has all but decided to withdraw from Iran nuclear deal: sources

It's not that Persians have not be warned. How can one be so stupid and not learn from Libyan episode? Qaddafi was shaking hand with Sarkozy only to see France dropping bombs on his arse few months down the line.

As for America, can now it be safely said that there is no international commitment when it comes to its pledge on international obligations/agreements?

As for Pakistan, those who are burning midnight oil in dark offices of ISI, DO NOT get caught with your pants down this time around. This has got all ingredients of regime change in Iran just like Iraq, and the same lot in charge of American establishment. The last time it happened in our neighbour, Afghanistan, we endup losing 50000 citizens through proxy war imposed upon us through the porus border. With Iran, we got least protected border. Fence it, mine it, man it, whatever it takes, start securing it from tomorrow .

Don't forget that the US is the number 1 economy in the world.. and apart from the economy there are political and military ties between Europe and the US ..like NATO for example.. so yes in a way Europe is dependant on the US.. not only economically, but more so security wise.. and as we all know..there is no good economy without good security..

Further more Rohani has just made a blunder by announcing that Iran will from now on enrich Uranium without any limits.. Which is contrary to the Nuclear deal clauses.. So how can the Europeans stay in it?

Economics are not a zero sum game. The US is the number 1 economy but it relies extensively products it imports from other countries. Targeting these countries would hurt the US more than those countries because while the US relies predominantly on them, these countries don't rely predominantly on the US. The proximity of European states to one another as well as the logistical ease at transporting products and services means, unlike the US, Europe can easily replace what it loses in the US albeit not at the same rate.

The US on the other hand has no such luxury. The EU isn't dependent on the US. It benefits greatly from the US, but the world doesn't revolve around America as some seem to think. We're at a point where you can ease away from the US and not lose too much. Something will be lost, but the impact on America will be greater.

As for NATO, that's an international organization, not a US one. If the US damages NATO, the US loses, not Europe. The US relies on the NATO alliance to combine the security efforts of European states to expand its influence. Even if the US is the "biggest" contributor to NATO, the US still needs the EU allies to reach areas without stretching US resources too thin.

Rouhani didn't blunder anything either. He threatened the US if the deal fails but he also stated committment to the deal with the remaining signatories, which includes Europeans who have also previously stated their continued interest in keeping the deal. Europe isn't going anywhere because Iran hasn't done anything contrary because Iran has stated that if the deal stays, they'll adhere to it(and only if it doesn't will they increase enrichment).

Iran was on its knees before Obama came in to save them with pallets of cash.

By pallets of cash, I'm assuming you're referring to the Iranian money that the US had grabbed and held and not the silly misconception people have where they think the US gave money to Iran.

its best for Iran, Trump just show to the world that he is nothing but a slave of Neocons and Zionists .. he doesn't care about ME , he is busy in paying Wh0res and eating Cheese burgers ..

Economics are not a zero sum game. The US is the number 1 economy but it relies extensively products it imports from other countries. Targeting these countries would hurt the US more than those countries because while the US relies predominantly on them, these countries don't rely predominantly on the US. The proximity of European states to one another as well as the logistical ease at transporting products and services means, unlike the US, Europe can easily replace what it loses in the US albeit not at the same rate.

The US on the other hand has no such luxury. The EU isn't dependent on the US. It benefits greatly from the US, but the world doesn't revolve around America as some seem to think. We're at a point where you can ease away from the US and not lose too much. Something will be lost, but the impact on America will be greater.

As for NATO, that's an international organization, not a US one. If the US damages NATO, the US loses, not Europe. The US relies on the NATO alliance to combine the security efforts of European states to expand its influence. Even if the US is the "biggest" contributor to NATO, the US still needs the EU allies to reach areas without stretching US resources too thin.

Rouhani didn't blunder anything either. He threatened the US if the deal fails but he also stated committment to the deal with the remaining signatories, which includes Europeans who have also previously stated their continued interest in keeping the deal. Europe isn't going anywhere because Iran hasn't done anything contrary because Iran has stated that if the deal stays, they'll adhere to it(and only if it doesn't will they increase enrichment).
you seem to have forgotten that the world economy still revolves around the US Dollar..among so many other things.. Like the security of Europe Vis a vis Russia is mostly assured By NATO lead by the US.. I am talking about macro-strategies, and there are obviously micro-strategies where the US needs or uses its allies..

Is not this funny that only country which have used nuclear in the past and spening more on it demanding from another nation be it north korea or Iran to give up their nuclear programme ?

The US dollar is a major reserve currency. That doesn't mean these economies need the US to do business. There are 8 different reserve currencies including the Euro, Yen, Sterling, and Renminbi. The US dollar is the highest due to US global trade, but if the US starts cutting itself off left and right, the other currencies will merely replace it and I'm quite sure China would be more than eager to put themselves in an economically dominant position.

They didn't start the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank(with 57 countries participating) for nothing. Not to mention, China is swimming in US dollars it doesn't really use(which is why they put them to use by buying US treasury bonds).

As I said before, NATO doesn't need the USA to function. Europe was quickly aware of their reliance on the US for security and have taken the necessary measures to make themselves capable of handling threats in case of US failure or neglect to do so. Not to mention, Russia isn't exactly a particularly scary foe considering their difficulty in funding their military better under the rampant corruption plaguing their economy and government. It's not the Cold War anymore, Europe has improved its situation and Russia has lost the power it held as the USSR.

And the strategies you mention will highlight why US would hurt itself if it broke off with NATO.

Steps on how to be a sell out.

Step 1: US Joins the deal
Step 2: Iran pours cement into Arak
Step 3: US leaves the deal.

Let us observe the genius that is the Iranian government.

Iran deserves this kind of humiliation from US.

Out of its inflated ego, stupid pride and west-worshipping mentality, it never commited itself to develop a strategic partership with China, so don't bitch about China doing nothing here. Keep your pride high and swallow the bitter result afterwards.

Eventually I believe China and Russia will give it a hand, but only after US and Israel bombing it back to stone ages.
Well said. Yes Iran is a old civilization and Persian is like Latin in our part of the world but the rawhide stupidity out of Tehran is unbelievable. The fact is and this is obvious to anybody but the mullahs that the most and I say most [mean not entirely] immune country from US pushing is China. Therefore Tehran should have invested heavily in a relationship with China thereby creating self interest in China to cover Iran. Instead Iran has tried to court everybody but failed to cultivate any solid ally. All countries need allies and non more so then smaller countries.

Iran deserves this kind of humiliation from US.

Out of its inflated ego, stupid pride and west-worshipping mentality, it never commited itself to develop a strategic partership with China, so don't bitch about China doing nothing here. Keep your pride high and swallow the bitter result afterwards.

Eventually I believe China and Russia will give it a hand, but only after US and Israel bombing it back to stone ages.

The reality is that there are 3 countries today that directly threaten American geopolitical interests and hegemony.
China is by far the biggest threat of the 3 for the americans. The americans realized this. their "pivot to asia" strategy was to reduce focus in the middle east and Europe (Ex. stop getting bogged down into trillion dollar middle east conflicts that iran takes advantage of to kill you with a 1000 pin pricks, and take over the unfluence vacuum the americans leave behind)

IT was in both iran and the USA interests to make peace. if the Iranian economy got integerated with the west. THen iran would have far too much to lose at that point and would be forced to stay a western trajectory. this would have pacified iran, and put it on a long term neutral or even possibly a slightly western path.

All that is dead now. The losers will the the americans, Iran, and the Euros. The winners will be the Zionists, wahabis, and Russia/china.

Now we are faced with a realistic scenario. iran has no choice but to look east. Iran will want to open up strategic relationships with china and Russia. its going to come down to china really. how much short term western pressure can they handle before letting go of iran? (their history is not good in this regard to be honest)

I think were in a different geopolitical stage really and china has to decide. does it want to stand idle while the US tries to take iran and Russia out before coming for it. or is it going to take a stand? Irans choice is obvious, its china that needs to decide

Thats quite stupid from Iranians. They are taunting the countries who can possibly provide them little oxygen in shape of diplomatic support if not material support.. Good that they are not officials of Iranian govt.

yea Iranian diplomats and zariff are definitely taunting china....... . a persons personal opinion on PDF does not equal national policy. keep that in mind in please

All that is dead now. The losers will the the americans, Iran, and the Euros. The winners will be the Zionists, wahabis, and Russia/china.
Did you have gulp on Jack Daniels??? You talk as if Zionists/US are separate entity. They are not. They are differant iterations of a common force and even Europe fits into this trioka.

I guess Iran needed it's wings clipping. Giving its friends in Yemen ballistic missiles to attack Makkah and Madina is unacceptable.

I think were in a different geopolitical stage really and china has to decide. does it want to stand idle while the US tries to take iran and Russia out before coming for it. or is it going to take a stand? Irans choice is obvious, its china that needs to decide

Iran prefers to do business with the West, that's their first choice. They only turn to China and Russia when they have no other choices left, what is left is a transactional relationship. Buying and selling.

Will Iran be able to stomach a deeper strategic relationship with China? Will Iran sign a mutual defence treaty with China, and declare that Arunachal Pradesh belongs to China (which will make India your enemy) and that Diaoyutai belongs to China (which will make Japan your enemy), and that the South China Sea belongs to China (which will make ASEAN your enemy along with the US again)?

If China declares war on any of the countries above, will Iran attack them as well?

I personally think Trump did Iran a great service.

The worst thing he could do to Iran was to keep the deal (that was not working at all as Iran still couldn't do any trade) alive and then every year repeat his threat to pull out. That uncertainty was more destructive than what will happen now.

But now, the Dollar is finally out of the equation for Iran because there won't be any changes in relations any time soon. And Iran cannot spend dollars anymore.

On the other hand I think Trump really weakened US position in international community. Their allies all denounced the move and have vowed to make sure the deal stays in place and the economical benefits to Iran (if any) would be maintained.

Any country has a limited capacity for behaving like this before it loses all its credibility in the world.

Now I really like to see how US can strike a deal with North Korea? They should be fools to believe anything US offers them specially now that the demand is denuclearization.

Iran prefers to do business with the West, that's their first choice. They only turn to China and Russia when they have no other choices left, what is left is a transactional relationship. Buying and selling.

Will Iran be able to stomach a deeper strategic relationship with China? Will Iran sign a mutual defence treaty with China, and declare that Arunachal Pradesh belongs to China (which will make India your enemy) and that Diaoyutai belongs to China (which will make Japan your enemy), and that the South China Sea belongs to China (which will make ASEAN your enemy along with the US again)?

If China declares war on any of the countries above, will Iran attack them as well?
I think the same questions will apply to China as well. I know the only reason Iran has not been able to join SCO is its stand off with US and sanctions. China didn't want to be in a position to back Iran against US and lose its trade and that's why it never agreed with Iran joining the SCO while Russia was all for it.

Signing a defense treaty with Iran will put China on collision path with KSA and Israel for sure. I don't think China would ever do that. So I think a defense agreement between China and Iran will not happen in current circumstances as China has more to lose than Iran if that ever happens. I see a defence agreement between Russia and Iran more possible at this moment.

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom