What's new

Tourism boom in Bangladesh.

Homo Sapiens

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
At least on domestic tourism sector. Half a million tourists are expected to visit Sylhet in the coming days. Another half a million will visit Cox's Bazar from 23rd to 31st December this year. According to resort owners of Sylhet, foreign tourists are also coming.

At least on domestic tourism sector. Half a million tourists are expected to visit Sylhet in the coming days. Another half a million will visit Cox's Bazar from 23rd to 31st December this year. According to resort owners of Sylhet, foreign tourists are also coming.

Bangladeshis are loaded with money especially Sylhetis.

Have done very well under Hasina.

Don’t go to India.

Spend it in Sylhet 😂😂

Tourism I would say is quite important these days for any developing countries, as we know what happened with global economy.

Personally forest is the one that fascinating me

Third highest peak in the world Kanchenjunga which is on Nepal-India border can be clearly seen from the northernmost sub-district of Bangladesh, Tetulia. So it is increasingly becoming a tourist spot. Mahananda River, tea plantation and northern tip landmark of Bangladesh, Banglabandha which is also a land border crossing attracting tourists there.

Last edited:
Third highest peak in the world Kanchenunga which is in Nepal-India border can be clearly seen from the northernmost sub-district of Bangladesh, Tetulia. So it is increasingly becoming a tourist spot. Mahananda River, tea plantation and northern tip landmark of Bangladesh, Banglabandha which is also a land border crossing attracting tourists there.

Is there any mountain inside BD ?

No, Bangladesh is a flood plain.
Bangladesh does have a few hills in Chittagong region and along the border with northeast india.

I guess those half a million tourists you're pointing out include 99% bangaldeshis, is it ?

No, Bangladesh is a flood plain.
Bangladesh does have a few hills in Chittagong region and along the border with northeast india.
According to geologists, any peak higher than 600 meters above sea level is a mountain. With this definition, there are at least 75 mountains in Bangladesh. Highest peak in Bangladesh is 1063 meters. Not high when compared to Himalayas. But you can consider this, Scotland is known as highland around the world and it's inhabitants as Highlanders. Yet, the highest peak in Scotland as well as UK is Ben Nevis, 1345 meters. Not much higher than highest peak in Bangladesh.

Last edited:
Since when we rely on Hasina-Khaleda or BAL-BNP?

On topic, Tourists already flooding my hometown Srimangal.

Khaleda let the Wahhabis lose. All the bombings killed off tourism at home. People went to India to escape the bombings at home.

Tourism requires law and order.

BNP was unable to provide it.

According to geologists, any peak higher than 600 meters above sea level is a mountain. With this definition, there are at least 75 mountains in Bangladesh. Highest peak in Bangladesh is 1063 meters. Not high when compared to Himalayas. But you can consider this, Scotland is known as highland around the world and it's inhabitants as Highlanders. Yet, the highest peak in Scotland as well as UK is Ben Nevis, 1345 meters. Not much higher than highest peak in Bangladesh.

I think BD needs to join bid for next Islamic Games. BD should build representative sport complex in areas near its tourism spot like near those Nepalese Mountain

The spending will also likely improve BD sport quality

Kayaking, night camping at Mohamaya Lake, Chattogram.

Doesn’t look hygienic - that road side “restaurant”.

And pls stop eating with your bloody hands!!

It’s a disgusting practice!

Btw, there is no way I would eat meat anywhere lower than a four star hotel 😂😂

Khaleda let the Wahhabis lose. All the bombings killed off tourism at home. People went to India to escape the bombings at home.
This is a funny statement. Khaleda lost power 15 years ago. Even 10 years back, tourism was a very small scale activity. Tourism became noticable only in the last 4-5 years. If you listen these videos I have posted here revealed that, kayaking, night camping, house boating, these activities Bangladeshi people did not know even 3-4 years ago. Five years ago, people only knew about Jaflong in Sylhet, but Ratargul, Sada pathor, bichanakandi, Lalakhal, Tanguar haor was unknown to people. These sites entered into tourism map very recently. This is only in Sylhet division.

In the past, people used to visit their ancestral home and relatives durring holidays. Tourism was an unknown concept. Only a small, high income people used to go to Cox's Bazar. Now both tourist and tourist spots are exploding. So tourism is a very recent phenomenon in Bangladesh and there is a tremendous scope of growth in this sector.

This is a funny statement. Khaleda lost power 15 years ago. Even 10 years back, tourism was a very small scale activity. Tourism only became significant only in the last 4-5 years. If you listen these videos I have posted here revealed that, kayaking, night camping, house boating, these activities Bangladeshi people did not know even 3-4 years ago. Five years ago, people only knew about Jaflong, but Ratargul, Sada pathor, bichanakandi, Lalakhal, Tanguar haor was unknown to people. This is only in Sylhet division.

In the past, people used to visit their ancestral home and relatives durring holidays. Tourism was an unknown concept. Only a small, high income people used to go to Cox's Bazar. Now both tourist and tourist spots are exploding. So tourism is a very recent phenomenon in Bangladesh and there is a tremendous scope of growth in this sector.

It has taken a decade to brush of the terrorism image that BNP created.

You know how hard it is to wash off that kind of tag.

I only felt safe visiting Shahjalal’s mazar in 2018. At two previous visits to Sylhet - I avoided it.

Btw, love the cleanliness around the Dargah.

Back
Top Bottom