What's new

Tourism boom in Bangladesh.

It has taken a decade to brush of the terrorism image that BNP created.

You know how hard it is to wash off that kind of tag.

I only felt safe visiting Shahjalal’s mazar in 2018. At two previous visits to Sylhet - I avoided it.
The recent surge in tourism is mostly about rising per capita income and changing lifestyle. Youtube, Facebook tremendously helped at informing people about traveling options. Many of the popular tourist spots in Bangladesh were unknown even 5 years ago. Not all things revolve around politics. Economy and technology are more of enabling tourism in Bangladesh.

Last edited:
The recent surge in tourism is mostly about rising per capita income and changing lifestyle. Youtube, Facebook tremendously helped at informing people about traveling options. Many of the popular tourist spots in Bangladesh was unknown even 5 years ago. Not all things revolve around politics. Economy and technology is more of enabling tourism in Bangladesh.

Dude!

Do you really think we would have any kind of tourism with BNP’s Wahhabism let loose.

My father told us how Major Zia stopped circus 🤡 performances 😂😂

After opening of Padma bridge, Kuakata sea beach became a distance of only 5-6 hours from Dhaka. So tourism is booming at Kuakata sea beach and nearby other tourist attaraction. In the last 6 months, tourists number increased 5-6 times, so much so that, local hotels and restuarants became short in supply. Investors are flocking to Kuakata.

Last edited:
Doesn’t look hygienic - that road side “restaurant”.

And pls stop eating with your bloody hands!!

It’s a disgusting practice!

Btw, there is no way I would eat meat anywhere lower than a four star hotel 😂😂

Eating with hands is Sunnah.

Besides good luck eating Bangladeshi fish with spoon.

After opening of Padma bridge, Kuakata sea beach became a distance of only 5-6 hours from Dhaka. So tourism is booming at Kuakata sea beach and neary other tourist attasrctions. In the last 6 months, tourists number increased 5-6 times, so much so that, local hotels and restuarants became short in supply. Investors are flocking to Kuakata.

Kuakata is alright but it is just like a mahokuma district town with tong-er dokan, fish market, nongra khawar hotel and is overall a complete mess.

And then you add the low class 'tourists' throwing paan-spit and trash everywhere.

Kam-jaat chhotoloker dol need training.

They should evict these illegal shops on govt. land and clean up the place.

Bhai there are ways to eat it with a fork, people in Scandinavian countries are really big on seafood, they do it all the time.

But flesh has to be rather firm like Salmon filet and you have to pare the bone. I will post a video sometime. But you have a point that eating with one's hands is Sunnah.

Last edited:

Eating with hands is Sunnah?
Says who? It’s disgusting!!! Is that how backward practices are defended?

We avoid fish with tiny bones. And the big ones are cooked with bones removed.

I accept I am missing out on some fish - but I think I can live with that. Hygiene is more important.

Bangladeshis would have probably bred less if they didn’t eat stuff that weren’t made for human consumption. Chinese also have that problem.

I accept I am missing out on some fish - but I think I can live with that. Hygiene is more important.

Bangladeshis would have probably bred less if they didn’t eat stuff that weren’t made for human consumption. Chinese also have that problem.
I am not here to discuss religion with you. You either know it or don't. You can google yourself instead of going on a nonsensical rant.

How do think people cook and prepare and garish food? With their feet?

Bhai there are ways to eat it with a fork, people in Scandinavian countries are really big on seafood, they do it all the time.

But flesh has to be rather firm like Salmon filet and you have to pare the bone. I will post a video sometime. But you have a point that eating with one's hands is Sunnah.

I want to see the Scandinavians de-bone Hilsha with fork 😂

At least on domestic tourism sector. Half a million tourists are expected to visit Sylhet in the coming days. Another half a million will visit Cox's Bazar from 23rd to 31st December this year. According to resort owners of Sylhet, foreign tourists are also coming.

lol...

didnt realise there were that many sad people

I want to see the Scandinavians de-bone Hilsha with fork 😂

:-)

You have a point. They would simply not eat it I guess....

lol...

didnt realise there were that many sad people

There is a silver-lining to everything.

Maybe Pakistan's tourist dept. could open up tourism to Bangladesh folks in Hunza, Skardu and other spots in Gilgit Baltistan.

There is money to be made in spades....

Right now India is taking 80% of our overseas tourism money (including some to SriNagar and Kashmir).

Bangladeshi tourists are at the top when it comes to tourism in India, even exceeding numbers of US tourists.

Why should Pakistan be left behind ?

Last edited:
:-)

You have a point. They would simply not eat it I guess....

There is a silver-lining to everything.

Maybe Pakistan's tourist dept. could open up tourism to Bangladesh folks in Hunza, Skardu and other spots in Gilgit Baltistan.

There is money to be made in spades....

Right now India is taking 80% of our overseas tourism money (including some to SriNagar and Kashmir).

Bangladeshi tourists are at the top when it comes to tourism in India, even exceeding numbers of US tourists.

Why should Pakistan be left behind ?
its not good idea sir for little money we give access to indians in GB AJK since last few years its hard to separate BD nationals and indians . your intelligence is in shoes with india .

i was in AJK and GB 3 months ago . yes is beautyful but also too many military sensitive installations there .

Yup, that's what I was talking about.

Those half a million tourists, if each one of them only spend 100 dollars, it's 50 million dollars of Bangladeshis spending in Bangladesh helping local economy instead of going abroad and spending it there.

Back
Top Bottom