What's new

TOTALLY BOYCOTT GEO CHANNEL

sitting in US and commenting on Pakistan is very easy. Living it is difficult.
There is no doubt that it is individuals choice. We are not forcing it on anyone. We all are exercising our right to choose. Even in US there is a code of conduct for media. Here they are unbridled. Let me see CNN or any other channel criticizing CIA or FBI in such insulting way and then what happens. These private commercial ventures will now dictate what is good for national security and what is not.

PEMRA has a pretty well-defined set of rules governing media outlets. Enforcing it should not be a problem.

(Sometimes, a fresh perspective from the outside is better.)

PEMRA has a pretty well-defined set of rules governing media outlets. Enforcing it should not be a problem.

(Sometimes, a fresh perspective from the outside is better.)
I do agree that PEMRA has rules and PA is taking the legal course of action. Yes PEMRA is at fault for not implementing the rules. We should also be blamed; we should have sent complaints for non compliance.

Just an outside view
White House official fired for insulting tweets | Navy Times | navytimes.com

I do agree that PEMRA has rules and PA is taking the legal course of action. Yes PEMRA is at fault for not implementing the rules. We should also be blamed; we should have sent complaints for non compliance.

The petition is the correct thing to do, but asking for a blanket cancellation of the license is overkill. Redressing the grievance, if proven, can take many other forms. If I were in the ISPR, I would ask PEMRA to ensure equal representation in broadcasts of opposing points of view. ;)

The best way to Punish a Company like GEO is to totally BOYCOTT the Company.

That means pressurize Advertisers to stop doing business with Geo.

The Public should stop watching their Channel.

People should refuse to appear as guest on their shows.

Hit this low life company in the Pocketbook.

They understand the language of MONEY very well.

I completely avoid their channel and the publications from their media group
we can follow that up in our offices. although I doubt if it will be successful in Judiciary and government sections which have developed the hatred for Pakistan military recently.

the boycott from the guests is excellent idea. Geo can suck up to their personal favourites for all we care

we cant pressurise the Advertisers though, they will only follow suit themselves when this campaign puts the dent on the reader and viewership

in teashops restaurants and hostels etc. we can demand to change the channel .. so slowly but surely we will hit it where it will hurt them most.

the main message of this campaign should be Pakistan... not just the defence forces of Pakistan because if we make it too narrow then it will give Jang and Geo the chance to gather some left wing intellectuals and analysts to just focus their mocking and smug remarks on the military.

the main message of this campaign should be Pakistan... not just the defence forces of Pakistan because if we make it too narrow then it will give Jang and Geo the chance to gather some left wing intellectuals and analysts to just focus their mocking and smug remarks on the military.

And if such a campaign fails?

too many army children! the holiest among the holy cows of pakistan!
please refrain from brining in the Holy Deities and religion.
it might be funny for you but not everyone shares the same taste.

its not just the army its about the country as well. we are only showing our dissent which is our right. there is nothing wrong with criticism but it should be from a domestic perspective not from India or Timbuktu.

your BJP thugs are harassing Modi critics with eviction from India to Pakistan. our response is very feeble compared to that................ no? ;)

And if such a campaign fails?
I will invite you for a steak ... you bring the drinks

The petition is the correct thing to do, but asking for a blanket cancellation of the license is overkill. Redressing the grievance, if proven, can take many other forms. If I were in the ISPR, I would ask PEMRA to ensure equal representation in broadcasts of opposing points of view. ;)
that is why you are not in ISPR lol. If people demand cancellation of license it is their opinion and right. What action PEMRA takes is something else. People are demanding cancellation because it is provisioned in PEMRA act. Two different things one legal proceeding and second public emotions/demand. cant be compared.

I am in, i will chip in with mashed potatoes lol

that is why you are not in ISPR lol. If people demand cancellation of license it is their opinion and right. What action PEMRA takes is something else. People are demanding cancellation because it is provisioned in PEMRA act. Two different things one legal proceeding and second public emotions/demand. cant be compared.

Taking a long term approach to become part and parcel of the largest media outlet to present and influence debate would work out much better, IMO, but you are right, ISPR is better to take a reactive knee-jerk approach after the fact. After all, such heavy-handed tactics are working out so well thus far, right? :D

Please do note, it is not the people demanding the cancellation, it is the ISI/Army, who are the petitioners in the case. Two different things.

I am in, i will chip in with mashed potatoes lol

You're on! :tup:

Last edited:
ive boycotted that shyte channel ever since it came out.....anyone who subscribes to Geo and gives them ratings - they are idiots.

it's an anti national channel and hamid mir's undesirable activity has never been hidden or disguised....he's a traitor. Did he deserve to get shot up in broad daylight? No, of course not. Is it wrong? Of course it is. Do I feel sorry for this guy mir? HELL No. I still slept like a baby after I heard the news.

Geo News should be shut down and PEMRA and whoever is running it (i dont think there is) needs to grow a sack between their legs and strip them of their broadcasting license

but then again the government (the previous one) did nothing about Mullah Fazlullah FM and his hate speeches on radio. . .why would they do anything about geo? Geo has been banking in money because people inside Pakistan and outside give them good business. That should end.

there are so many online petitions.... are there any petitions (in favour of banning geo) that the government would actually listen to?

Back
Top Bottom