What's new

Top US commander: Burning Quran endangers troops

Yes...You can say that without legal repercussions.

Yes...In the US you can do both.

You need to take it up with the Vatican, which is a sovereign state inside Italy, regarding burning a Bible. And take it up with Israel, another sovereign state, regarding burning the Torah. But in the US, you can burn both without legal repercussions.

Does not mean someone is preventing any muslim from burning those 'holy' books or make offensive cartoons of Jesus or Moses.

Islam prevent Muslims from burning those holy books.
I bet you know nothing about Islam...like many of your country men.
Jesus is part of Quran... he is mentioned in there..So is Bible and Torah... all are books of same God.. hence burning Quran disrespect Bible and Torah as much they do to Quran.
Making cartoons of a Prophet Mohammad who tells us to believe in Jesus as anti Christ and as last Masseha is disrespecting Jesus.

We speak because Quran says at least condemn any heinous act if you cant stop it.

Islam prevent Muslims from burning those holy books.
I bet you know nothing about Islam...like many of your country men.

And care we don't.
Jesus is part of Quran... he is mentioned in there..So is Bible and Torah... all are books of same God.. hence burning Quran disrespect Bible and Torah as much they do to Quran.

So what? we have moved ahead. The western world decried religion long ago and we don't care what a few mullahs or bishops think of us.

Making cartoons of a Prophet Mohammad who tells us to believe in Jesus as anti Christ and as last Masseha is disrespecting Jesus.

That is for jesus to decide not you or the mullahs.
We speak because Quran says at least condemn any heinous act if you cant stop it.

Condemn you may. Stop you can't. and the world only laughs when some guys say 'death to america' and what not.

We can all 'see' whom death is coming to. Don't know about us but god certainly isn't pleased with you guys. So better get your act together.

Don't be so preachy preachy.:argh:

An equivalent scenario would be a remote Madrassas with 25 students burning a pile of Bibles. How you would link those 25 with a Billion Muslims worldwide is a leap of logic I don't quite understand.

Muslims would never burn a bible or a torah because we Muslims regard Christians and Jews as the People of the Book and we believe that the original Gospel and Torah are also words of God.

As for the racist pastor of a church in Florida, I thought Christianity teaches peace and tolerance, how cold that bigot still be a pastor and lead a chruch when he has so much hatred in him???

Straight talk,

I believe to burn quran is way better than to burn the spirit of the quran which many muslims did long long ago.

:lol:There you go vietnamese is on fire!

mjnaushad..But if some country make it legal to burn Church.... Guarantee us you wont come to liberate us and to bring democracy in the country.

You just pressed the hot button lol.

If it is legal to burn churches or synagogues in a muslim country, then I guess it is 'ok' for the muslims in that country to burn down churches or synagogues. :D

In which Muslim country is it legal to burn a church or a synagogue?

You dont know what you're talking about.

And care we don't.

So what? we have moved ahead. The western world decried religion long ago and we don't care what a few mullahs or bishops think of us.

That is for jesus to decide not you or the mullahs.

Condemn you may. Stop you can't. and the world only laughs when some guys say 'death to america' and what not.

We can all 'see' whom death is coming to. Don't know about us but god certainly isn't pleased with you guys. So better get your act together.

Don't be so preachy preachy.:argh:

Actually you don't, but a lot do.

I traveled in the southern parts of the US extensively. Religion is part of southern life and does play a big role. Commonly known as the Bible belt of America.

"Death to America" tv clips are staple of right wing America media diet bud. Its been played out zillions of times. See the grip of media on you, amazing isn't it ? See how you write "You guys" ?

Actually you don't, but a lot do.

I traveled in the southern parts of the US extensively. Religion is part of southern life and does play a big role. Commonly known as the Bible belt of America.

"Death to America" tv clips are staple of right wing America media diet bud. Its been played out zillions of times. See the grip of media on you, amazing isn't it ? See how you write "You guys" ?

LoL you didn't understand whom I was referring to, did you?:lol:

In which Muslim country is it legal to burn a church or a synagogue?
Did I say there was one? Am saying that IF...IF...IF a muslim country made it legal to do so, it would be 'ok' for the muslims in that country to do so.

You dont know what you're talking about.
And you must enjoy jumping to conclusions.

---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 PM ----------

Why US government haven't taking action against this terrorist (Dove Church)?
What actions would you like?

Muslims would never burn a bible or a torah because we Muslims regard Christians and Jews as the People of the Book and we believe that the original Gospel and Torah are also words of God.

So according to your "logic", it is ok for Muslims to burn Hindu/Buddhist/Sikh holy books?? Since you do not consider to be the word of "God". Please enlighten .........

As for the racist pastor of a church in Florida, I thought Christianity teaches peace and tolerance, how cold that bigot still be a pastor and lead a chruch when he has so much hatred in him???

In case you are not aware there is a pastor in US who protests at funeral of US soldiers .......... and yes, that is protected speech too.

There are always people who would follow "men of God", they may be as few as ten or billions...... Religion robs otherwise rational people of their ability to think rationally.

It may not be illegal to burn a religious text, but is highly insensitive towards the faith of millions of Muslims in America that call it home and serve it with the same fervor and patriotism as any other American...

Generalizing the average American as being Anti-Muslim based on the actions of an insignificant church and its flock from Florida makes one as ignorant as these fools burning the Koran

There were many cases in the South during the 50's and 60's where anti-semites targeted Jews and committed major atrocities against them.....
However can it be said that America is an Anti-Semetic country?....For all intents and purposes, Jews are probably safest in America after Israel....

It may not be illegal to burn a religious text, but is highly insensitive towards the faith of millions of Muslims in America that call it home and serve it with the same fervor and patriotism as any other American...

That is the exact reasoning people opposed to the Islamic center near Ground Zero make.......... that it would hurt the sensitivities of families of 9/11 victims...........

Why are religious people so "sensitive"??:hitwall:

That is the exact reasoning people opposed to the Islamic center near Ground Zero make.......... that it would hurt the sensitivities of families of 9/11 victims...........

Ur talking like no muslim died in the 9/11 attacks?
Iraq was invaded by US a dominantly christian country right? how many Bibles did they burn?

The islamic center which has swimming pools,pooker,pool tables,resturant etc and welcomes inter faith relations with other religions is like 2 or 3 BLOCKS away frm ground zero!

So dont give utterly stupid examples just for the sake tht u dont like muslims!

Im a bit confused on your stance......

So do you agree that it is insensitive to burn the Koran or not?..

Ur talking like no muslim died in the 9/11 attacks?
Iraq was invaded by US a dominantly christian country right? how many Bibles did they burn?

The islamic center which has swimming pools,pooker,pool tables,resturant etc and welcomes inter faith relations with other religions is like 2 or 3 BLOCKS away frm ground zero!

You are not making any sense at all.

1) I never claimed no Muslims died in 9/11 attacks, don't know why would you say that.

2) I was making the point that reasoning of "hurting religious sensitivity" can be twisted any way and it can be used to oppose building of the Islamic center.

3) I am a strong supporter of the Islamic center near ground zero.... please go and check my posts in the relevant thread before you start attributing rubbish to me

So dont give utterly stupid examples just for the sake tht u dont like muslims!

4) Are you trying to say I don't like Muslims? :undecided:

The religion of a person is as important to me as the color of socks he/she is wearing......... If you are going to indulge in personal attacks you better back them up with some facts.....

Back
Top Bottom