What's new

Top Indian Myths about Pakistan!

Myth 3.
India has never committed aggression against Pakistan, or any other country.

This is clearly not the case as seen below

1. Support for insurgents in East Pakistan leding into 1971 and the ensuing war
  2. Support for the LTTE (a terrorist organization in Sri Lanka) against the Sri Lankan State
  3. The invasion of Siachen in 1984 in clear violation of the Simla Accord
  4. Support for the Baluch insurgency

Please note its indians who sowed the seeds of 1965 war by moving their troops forward at Runn of Kach. They just wanted to make a better image for their army after loosing to china.:china:

Myth 1.
Pakistan lost all 3 wars with India.

Pakistan and India have fought 3 wars - 1948, 1965 and 1971.

Barring 1971 (which occurred while a civil war, assisted by India, was raging in East Pakistan), no war has resulted in a decisive 'victory' for either side.
Agreed. But I don't think Indians say that 1965 was a victory for India.
Myth 2.
Pakistan fights through proxies

Well, this is true. Pakistan has supported Kashmiri Freedom fighters in Indian Occupied Kashmir, and did support the Mujahideen (with US and Saudi support) and later the Taliban.

However, this allegation by Indians completely overlooks India's own long association with proxy groups.

1. Supported proxies that destabilized East Pakistan for many years leading into 1971
  2. Supported the LTTE (Tamil Tigers) - a terrorist organization in Sri Lanka
  3. Supported the Northern Alliance - a group of warlords and criminals in Afghanistan
  4. Supported Baluch insurgents in Pakistan

East Pakistan: Agreed. Two Indians were the mastermind of what happened after 25th March 1971 but you have to agree that Pakistan Army helped the Indians a lot.

LTTE: A complete wrong myth by Pakistanis. India sent peacekeeping force to fight LTTE. LTTE killed an Rajiv Gandhi. India helped SL with weapons and training. SL govt officially thanked India for our support.

Northern Alliance: Why did Pakistan supported Taliban? Are they better than NA?

Baluchistan: No evidence except Pakistani claims.
Myth 3.
India has never committed aggression against Pakistan, or any other country.
This is clearly not the case as seen below

1. Support for insurgents in East Pakistan leding into 1971 and the ensuing war
  2. Support for the LTTE (a terrorist organization in Sri Lanka) against the Sri Lankan State
  3. The invasion of Siachen in 1984 in clear violation of the Simla Accord
  4. Support for the Baluch insurgency

Can't agree. already told about EP and LTTE. Siachen was in map of India from 1947. We didn't attacked other's land.
Myth 4.
Pakistan spends 70% (or more, depending upon the Indian) of its budget on Defense.

Pakistan's defence budget for 2009 was about 4.4 billion USD. With a GDP of about 160 billion USD and a budget of 33 billion USD, that works out to be about 2.75% of GDP and 13.3% of the total budget.
PAKISTAN'S TOTAL OUTLAY IN 2007-08 BUDGET TO BE ABOUT US$33 BLN. | Goliath Business News

This compares with an Indian defence budget of about 26 billion that is 14.4% of the total budget and about 2.3% - so what's the big deal with Pakistan's defence budget?

Add to that huge amount of military aid from other countries, how much that makes of total budget?

Myth 5.
Pakistani politics is dominated by Kashmir

This argument goes along the lines of 'the Army/leadership makes sure that the only thing Pakistanis are aware of is Kashmir, and in this way distracts them from socio-economic issues and avoids investing in development'.

No doubt most Pakistanis are aware of Kashmir, but the fact that we have cutthroat national politics, with political parties that have significant ideological differences, it is absurd to suggest that the only issue mentioned during stump speeches is 'Kashmir'.

Most of the PR and advertisements run by Pakistani political parties in fact focus on providing development and bringing about prosperity, not Kashmir. Most politicians talk about providing, jobs, investment etc. and most Pakistanis vote on that basis - even when voting on biraadri lines since they believe 'their guy' will provide them with economic opportunity/favors.

The political process in Pakistan remains largely driven by issues that are important to most people elsewhere in the world - jobs, inflation, development etc.

----------------------

Feel free to offer suggestions on changes, additions, improvements and I'll incorporate them if I think they are appropriate.

Its Pakistan that think Kashmir is the main issue but if we only think about Kashmir problem than other parts of India or Pakistan will suffer for that.

Stay on topic please - though I appreciate sensenreason providing yet even more Indian myths about Pakistan and Pakistanis. I'll go through them later and include the ones that are relevant.

Myth 1.
Pakistan lost all 3 wars with India.

Yes many think, but the educated one knows only 1971 was decisive.

[Myth 2.
Pakistan fights through proxies
....However, this allegation by Indians completely overlooks India's own long association with proxy groups.

India's association with LTTE is well known, and now Baluch has become famous after Sharm el sheikh.

[Myth 3.
India has never committed aggression against Pakistan, or any other country.[/U][/B]

Again same as Myth 2.

[Myth 4.
Pakistan spends 70% (or more, depending upon the Indian) of its budget on Defense.[/U][/B]

India's defence budget includes capital allocation for new hardware purchases, while Pakistan's defence budget only takes care of overheads and seperate allocations are provided after decisions are made.

Myth 5.
Pakistani politics is dominated by Kashmir[/U][/B]

Ahmed Quereshi says so.

well pakistan actually lost all the wars against india...
its another thing that you believe in the myth that pakistan won war...

if you think that you won any war its your myth not ours.....

is that clear to all pakistanies... we want no more discussions to alter the actual history

well pakistan actually lost all the wars against india...
its another thing that you believe in the myth that pakistan won war...

if you think that you won any war its your myth not ours.....

is that clear to all pakistanies... we want no more discussions to alter the actual history

Lolzzz. You are repeating the same myth about which this thread is created.

:disagree:

Pakistanis speak like hyderabis of india..........count this one in.
Instead of sir...........jee hazor or janab is used.
Pakistan looks like afghanistan as shown on indian sahara tv.as i witnessed it.
Pakistanis are very poor then india LOL

@ Pakistan is a Police State,

Pakistan is a failed State,

Pakistan's nuclear weapons are unsafe, as Taliban will steal and smuggle them out on a Mule train. :lol:

In any future conflict, Pakistan will be brought to it's knees in six hours
The 90,000+ Graves in IOK, mostly belong to infiltrators. :woot:
And above all, cough... cough, India can fight China and Pakistan simultaneously. :cool:

Well actually Indians think this, I do not know if that is true.
1) Pakistan imports everything does not manufacture much even soaps are imported.
2) Pakistan does not have religious freedom.
3) Pakistan hates India.
4) Pakistan supports terrorist against India, because it does not have courage to wage a direct war.
5) Pakistan is ruled by army directly or indirectly.
6) Pakistan is safe heaven for terrorist.

1) Pakistan imports everything does not manufacture much even soaps are imported.
3) Pakistan hates India.
4) Pakistan supports terrorist against India, because it does not have courage to wage a direct war.

thts sad and shows their mental ability of being illusional and hypnotised or over taken thnks to BS indian media.

Stay on topic please - though I appreciate sensenreason providing yet even more Indian myths about Pakistan and Pakistanis. I'll go through them later and include the ones that are relevant.

Dude , you can't justify deleting the comment by 'Kinetic' dated 10th May , 9:10 PM ! :woot:

Please note its indians who sowed the seeds of 1965 war by moving their troops forward at Runn of Kach. They just wanted to make a better image for their army after loosing to china.:china:

The Kuchh Salvo was sorted out with the help of UN mate . Having an upper hand in Kuchh doesnt justify carrying out Operation Gibraltar with a sense of impunity :argh:

A Pakistani Myth about INDIA :bunny:

Last edited:
3) Pakistan hates India.

these may not be true...BUT PAK SELF DEFEATING MENTALITY TOWARD INDIA IS COSTING HER TOO MUCH...WHAT DID PAK ACHIEVE BY BS STRATIGIES like 1000 cuts and conquering Kashmeer ? Whr r u wrt INDIA ..in which field ur ahead...terrorist manufacturing ?
read else whr that US (even Israel) will side India in case of INDPAK conflict..fate that has even reached this point that the US even after violating soverinity of Pak by drone attacks are now even more convinced of pak terrorbreeding grounds and are demanding more actions...what a pathetic state..i feel very sorry for my brother's thr.....may God bless u all with peace...i feel pity of the immaturity of Ind & Pakistanis here..fighting arguing for milit superiority....Two staes...one has worlds largest numbers of beggers & the other international begging state...

Indians like to say Pakistanis are the same as Indians. :lol:

Yet they will never dare to come to western or southwestern Pakistan and say this. :rofl:

Indians like to say Pakistanis are the same as Indians. :lol:

Yet they will never dare to come to western or southwestern Pakistan and say this. :rofl:

I guess we've had enough comments with racial overtones .
Its as simple as this , 3 of your major ethnicities Punjabi , Sindhi and the community you have termed as Muhajirs have their Indian counterparts as well ! SIMPLE isnt it , only if Pakistanis keep their prejudices to themselves .
I dont think even a Punjabi or Sindhi from your side can go to NWFP and Baluchistan and propagate that Punjabis or Sindhis and Pashtuns are 'SAME' :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom