What's new

Top Indian Myths about Pakistan!

Indians Myths about Pakistan...... my view on this is Khasma nu khaaan. Let them think what ever they want to think

Stay on topic please - though I appreciate sensenreason providing yet even more Indian myths about Pakistan and Pakistanis. I'll go through them later and include the ones that are relevant.

My post wasnt offtopic :) Your deleting it show your intolerance to other's views. By the way, please do provide credible proof of the myths that you listed.

That Pakistani's are more tolerant and Indians not is another Myth Pakistani's have about India. Now thats offtopic too!

My post wasnt offtopic :) Your deleting it show your intolerance to other's views. By the way, please do provide credible proof of the myths that you listed.

Your post was just a series of flames based on yet more Indian myths about Pakistan, albeit reflecting an extremely prejudiced and hateful Indian mindset that would only serve as flames and was therefore deleted.

And my arguments in support of my points in this thread are made in both the first post and the subsequent ones in the thread - you may actually want to read a thread before posting on it.
That Pakistani's are more tolerant and Indians not is another Myth Pakistani's have about India. Now thats offtopic too!

I don't know about that - but going by attitudes and comments of most Indians on the ToI, HT, Indian fora, blogs and even Western News sites, Indian close-mindedness, hatred and prejudice is pretty apparent.

Your post was just a series of flames based on yet more Indian myths about Pakistan, albeit reflecting an extremely prejudiced and hateful Indian mindset that would only serve as flames and was therefore deleted.

And my arguments in support of my points in this thread are made in both the first post and the subsequent ones in the thread - you may actually want to read a thread before posting on it.

I don't know about that - but going by attitudes and comments of most Indians on the ToI, HT, Indian fora, blogs and even Western News sites, Indian close-mindedness, hatred and prejudice is pretty apparent.

Your attention is drawn to the highlighted part.

In above text you have included the whole world.

The list of all the continents in the world is:

Asia, Africa, North America, South America, Antarctica, Europe, and Australia.

1. Africa, South America & Antarctica don't have any respected and renowned news media. If there is something its western.

2. North America, Europe, and Australia has been clubbed by you as western media.

3. We are left with Asia here u have strike out Indian media.

Then what one should believe in your advise rupee news from Pakistan or the CPC propaganda from China.

And u still blame India of some so called myths.

Myth 1.
Pakistan lost all 3 wars with India.

Pakistan and India have fought 3 wars - 1948, 1965 and 1971.

Barring 1971 (which occurred while a civil war, assisted by India, was raging in East Pakistan), no war has resulted in a decisive 'victory' for either side.

Myth 2.
Pakistan fights through proxies

Well, this is true. Pakistan has supported Kashmiri Freedom fighters in Indian Occupied Kashmir, and did support the Mujahideen (with US and Saudi support) and later the Taliban.

However, this allegation by Indians completely overlooks India's own long association with proxy groups.

1. Supported proxies that destabilized East Pakistan for many years leading into 1971
  2. Supported the LTTE (Tamil Tigers) - a terrorist organization in Sri Lanka
  3. Supported the Northern Alliance - a group of warlords and criminals in Afghanistan
  4. Supported Baluch insurgents in Pakistan

Myth 3.
India has never committed aggression against Pakistan, or any other country.

This is clearly not the case as seen below

1. Support for insurgents in East Pakistan leding into 1971 and the ensuing war
  2. Support for the LTTE (a terrorist organization in Sri Lanka) against the Sri Lankan State
  3. The invasion of Siachen in 1984 in clear violation of the Simla Accord
  4. Support for the Baluch insurgency

Myth 4.
Pakistan spends 70% (or more, depending upon the Indian) of its budget on Defense.

Pakistan's defence budget for 2009 was about 4.4 billion USD. With a GDP of about 160 billion USD and a budget of 33 billion USD, that works out to be about 2.75% of GDP and 13.3% of the total budget.
PAKISTAN'S TOTAL OUTLAY IN 2007-08 BUDGET TO BE ABOUT US$33 BLN. | Goliath Business News

This compares with an Indian defence budget of about 26 billion that is 14.4% of the total budget and about 2.3% - so what's the big deal with Pakistan's defence budget?

Myth 5.
Pakistani politics is dominated by Kashmir

This argument goes along the lines of 'the Army/leadership makes sure that the only thing Pakistanis are aware of is Kashmir, and in this way distracts them from socio-economic issues and avoids investing in development'.

No doubt most Pakistanis are aware of Kashmir, but the fact that we have cutthroat national politics, with political parties that have significant ideological differences, it is absurd to suggest that the only issue mentioned during stump speeches is 'Kashmir'.

Most of the PR and advertisements run by Pakistani political parties in fact focus on providing development and bringing about prosperity, not Kashmir. Most politicians talk about providing, jobs, investment etc. and most Pakistanis vote on that basis - even when voting on biraadri lines since they believe 'their guy' will provide them with economic opportunity/favors.

The political process in Pakistan remains largely driven by issues that are important to most people elsewhere in the world - jobs, inflation, development etc.

----------------------

Feel free to offer suggestions on changes, additions, improvements and I'll incorporate them if I think they are appropriate.
Just to add in your list......

Pakistan never made anything.....JF 17, AK, are china made and Pakistan is the biggest buyer not partner.............and all nukes and missiles are illegally bought from china and korea.

Your attention is drawn to the highlighted part.

In above text you have included the whole world.
I have pointed to the attitudes, prejudice and hatred displayed by Indians across the 'whole world', and not pointed to the 'whole world'.
Then what one should believe in your advise rupee news from Pakistan or the CPC propaganda from China.

And u still blame India of some so called myths.

Actually the comparison of mainstream Indian news sites, such as HT, ToI etc, would be to mainstream Pakistani news sites, such as Dawn, The News, Daily Times etc. Read through the comments by Pakistanis on Pakistani sites and on Western papers such as the NYT, WaPO etc. and there is simply no comparison between the prejudice, hatred and obsession with Pakistan displayed by Indians, and the comments of Pakistanis.

And since the myths are propagated by Indians and India, who else would I blame for those myths? Mickey Mouse?

Pakistan never made anything.....JF 17, AK, are china made and Pakistan is the biggest buyer not partner.............and all nukes and missiles are illegally bought from china and korea.

Ur confessing or adding to the myth?

That is a good one - it would read more like:

'Pakistan has no industrial or scientific capacity - the only thing it can do is paint equipment imported from China and elsewhere.'

I'll add it, but I need a link to some posts detailing Pakistan's defence related industries that manufacture and perform R&D on a whole host of items. I think it is in one of the WMD stickys and I'll look for it later if you can't find it.

I have pointed to the attitudes, prejudice and hatred displayed by Indians across the 'whole world', and not pointed to the 'whole world'.

Actually the comparison of mainstream Indian news sites, such as HT, ToI etc, would be to mainstream Pakistani news sites, such as Dawn, The News, Daily Times etc. Read through the comments by Pakistanis on Pakistani sites and on Western papers such as the NYT, WaPO etc. and there is simply no comparison between the prejudice, hatred and obsession with Pakistan displayed by Indians, and the comments of Pakistanis.

And since the myths are propagated by Indians and India, who else would I blame for those myths? Mickey Mouse?

1. You have pointed out the whole world read ur post again.

2. Indians hate pakistan is the biggest myth i tell u for sure.

why would be hate pakistan?? because of being muslism ???
its not ture at all then we should also hate us all or Saudi Arab or Iran or Iraq or Bangladesh or Turkey but we don't hate any.

Why because its a myth.

1. You have pointed out the whole world read ur post again.

2. Indians hate pakistan is the biggest myth i tell u for sure.

why would be hate pakistan?? because of being muslism ???
its not ture at all then we should also hate us all or Saudi Arab or Iran or Iraq or Bangladesh or Turkey but we don't hate any.

Why because its a myth.

Not at all, the 'whole world' was raised by sensen, not me. My comments clearly referred to the opinions and attitudes displayed by Indians, not attitudes and opinions of the 'whole world'.

And I have qualified my comments by pointing out that I am basing them on the opinions expressed online on various Indian and Western news sites, fora and blogs.

Now you explain to me why an overwhelming majority of those comments on widely different sites reflect such prejudice and hatred towards Pakistan?

Not at all, the 'whole world' was raised by sensen, not me. My comments clearly referred to the opinions and attitudes displayed by Indians, not attitudes and opinions of the 'whole world'.

And I have qualified my comments by pointing out that I am basing them on the opinions expressed online on various Indian and Western news sites, fora and blogs.

Now you explain to me why an overwhelming majority of those comments on widely different sites reflect such prejudice and hatred towards Pakistan?

what hatred ur talking about?? none of the Indian can say nuke pakistan but i can give many example where pakistani says nuke India.

Hate make a person blind and finally it will destroy oneself.

Why hate when we can make love.

India and Pakistan are sovereign counties one should respect each other's independence. The terrorism should be stopped, if we cn't be good friends or neighbors at least one should not interfere in other's stuffs.

But it all started with Pakistan poking its nose in our stuff attacked Kashmir and illegally occupying our area.

Pakistani says India can't see a independent and united Pakistan but the reality is majority of Pakistanis live in illusions that they have ruled India or can rule in near future.

All this should be stopped, respective Kashmir should be as it is. I don't like it but for sake of peace let's make it LOC.

Grow and develop do something better for our people.

Phir ladai kar lena sari umar padi hai, na hindustan kahi ja raha hai na pakistan.

Myth 1.
Pakistan lost all 3 wars with India.

Pakistan and India have fought 3 wars - 1948, 1965 and 1971.

Barring 1971 (which occurred while a civil war, assisted by India, was raging in East Pakistan), no war has resulted in a decisive 'victory' for either side.

We have been over this subject time& again here. What does wining or losing a war imply ? To a military mind it would imply compelling the attacker to withdraw, failure to achieve stated national objectives and his failure in achieving the end state he was looking for. India did this in all the wars fought with Pak. BTW add Kargil to the list. 47-48, the PA did not capture the valley and Pak has ever since been unable t reconcile itself to what it has. The nation keeps squirming on this ever since .

65 -Op Gibraltar was a misjudged failure, the Indian counter stroke was not considered in the planning & when Lahore was threatened, a ceasefire ensued.

71, wouldnt you consider 93000POWs and the surrender of the Eastern Command a comprehensive defeat ?

Kargil was another example of complete lack of planning, foresight and poor execution.Wars as it is said are too serious a business to be left to the Generals. Pak has had Generals each time it tried to cross the IB/LOC. In kargil, it was a reasonably good move but characterized by what now is typical of Pak generalship. This has been discussed threadbare so I will not dwell further.

Myth 2.
Pakistan fights through proxies

Well, this is true. Pakistan has supported Kashmiri Freedom fighters in Indian Occupied Kashmir, and did support the Mujahideen (with US and Saudi support) and later the Taliban.

However, this allegation by Indians completely overlooks India's own long association with proxy groups.

1. Supported proxies that destabilized East Pakistan for many years leading into 1971
  2. Supported the LTTE (Tamil Tigers) - a terrorist organization in Sri Lanka
  3. Supported the Northern Alliance - a group of warlords and criminals in Afghanistan
  4. Supported Baluch insurgents in Pakistan

You are digressing from the topic started by you here. The Indian myth that Pak fights thru its ' strategic assets ' is correct.

We could discuss the Indian issues raised elsewhere.

Myth 3.
India has never committed aggression against Pakistan, or any other country.

This is clearly not the case as seen below

1. Support for insurgents in East Pakistan leding into 1971 and the ensuing war
  2. Support for the LTTE (a terrorist organization in Sri Lanka) against the Sri Lankan State
  3. The invasion of Siachen in 1984 in clear violation of the Simla Accord
  4. Support for the Baluch insurgency

Again same problem here. Where is the aggression ? Siachen is part of J&K hence India simply pre empted Pak on it giving it another reason to squirm.Isn't the logic of J&K being ' disputed' used as an excuse to justify Pak interference so whats wrong when applied in the reverse ?

Myth 4.
Pakistan spends 70% (or more, depending upon the Indian) of its budget on Defense.

Pakistan's defence budget for 2009 was about 4.4 billion USD. With a GDP of about 160 billion USD and a budget of 33 billion USD, that works out to be about 2.75% of GDP and 13.3% of the total budget.
PAKISTAN'S TOTAL OUTLAY IN 2007-08 BUDGET TO BE ABOUT US$33 BLN. | Goliath Business News

This compares with an Indian defence budget of about 26 billion that is 14.4% of the total budget and about 2.3% - so what's the big deal with Pakistan's defence budget?

No comments, couldnt care less.
Myth 5.
Pakistani politics is dominated by Kashmir

This argument goes along the lines of 'the Army/leadership makes sure that the only thing Pakistanis are aware of is Kashmir, and in this way distracts them from socio-economic issues and avoids investing in development'.

No doubt most Pakistanis are aware of Kashmir, but the fact that we have cutthroat national politics, with political parties that have significant ideological differences, it is absurd to suggest that the only issue mentioned during stump speeches is 'Kashmir'.

Most of the PR and advertisements run by Pakistani political parties in fact focus on providing development and bringing about prosperity, not Kashmir. Most politicians talk about providing, jobs, investment etc. and most Pakistanis vote on that basis - even when voting on biraadri lines since they believe 'their guy' will provide them with economic opportunity/favors.

The political process in Pakistan remains largely driven by issues that are important to most people elsewhere in the world - jobs, inflation, development etc.

Events in Pak do not echo the sentiments here. Pak politics appears to be driven by staying afloat ( Generals / Presidents /PMs et all), staying relevant and J&K is used as a convenient whipping tool when all else fails.
----------------------

Feel free to offer suggestions on changes, additions, improvements and I'll incorporate them if I think they are appropriate.

There is another impression Pak ( read PA) carries. That of lack of strategic ability to think comprehensively. Some examples are what I have mentioned above add to this laungewalla and replacing a commanding General in the middle of a battle when he had the edge. Self promoted field Marshals gives credence to this impression.

Would be glad if this ' myth' is disproved.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom