What's new

Top 10 Most Powerful Countries In 2011

I have to kinda agree here. India has potential but realistically there's just too much that's wrong. From water supplies & over population to bureaucratic inefficiency and never ending insurgencies, India doesn't look stable in the long term. There are just way too many people banking on a government that's too corrupt to care. Then there's terrorism, communal strife, discrimination, Bangladesh, an inept military and the possibility of a limited nuclear exchange with Pakistan. India will probably survive as a nation as it has for all this time, but I doubt it'll have any real impact on the global scene. This goes for every nation in South Asia IMO.

France is overated by most of you. It has the same population, give or take a million, as the UK, a slightly bigger army and slightly worse navy. But the real powerhouse in western europe is Germany. It's the ecpnomic heart of the EU, has by far the biggest population and when push comes to shove they always beat France. So i.m.n.s.h. opinion Germany and Japan above France and the UK in most rankings.

i agree. Germany is known as engine of European progress.

1. USA
2. China
3. Russia
All other other countries are walking on a very uncertain and a very slippery slope.
As far as India is concerned, we have a lot to do to eradicate chronic poverty and illiteracy. Our infrastructure sucks and corruption stifles growth. We have no business vying for a top ranking in the world, let us get our house in order first.

Economy Wise

1 United States
2 China
3 Japan
4 Germany
5 France
6 United Kingdom
7 Brazil
8 Italy
9 India
10 Canada

You are partially correct on energy thing.

Business Line : Opinion : Tapping shale gas

"Schlumberger, an international service major, pegs India's initial in-place shale gas reserves at 300 -2100 TCF—much higher than our current gas reserves of about 39.4 TCF according to BP Statistical Review. India suddenly is in the league. Perhaps, it can change the very characteristic of an energy-intensive economy. However, we will have to be prudent. "

India also has one of the highest known reserve of Thorium and it has just discovered huge uranium reserve. And west is significantly boosting it's energy reserve (US for example).

India doesn't have much shale gas relative to its population.

EIA_World_Shale_Gas_Map.png

The important fuel is oil.

Military Rise

1.US
2.China
3.Russia
4.India
5. UK
6.France
7.Pakistan
8.Turkey
9.Israel
10.Italy/ Canada

TOP 10??

I think the countries cant be just rated on military wise. It needs to be across all sectors. viz.,

Military, Agriculture, Technology, Space, Economy, External affairs, how many enenmies they have got (valid point), population, Industry, manufacturing sector, imports, exports, foreign reserves etc etc.

List seems too big :D

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

can someone put (predict) the list of top 10 after 2020?

China
India
Brazil
Japan
SouthAfrica
Germany
Italy
Russia
US
UK

TOP 10??

I think the countries cant be just rated on military wise. It needs to be across all sectors. viz.,

Military, Agriculture, Technology, Space, Economy, External affairs, how many enenmies they have got (valid point), population, Industry, manufacturing sector, imports, exports, foreign reserves etc etc.

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 PM ----------

China
India
Brazil
Japan
SouthAfrica
Germany
Italy
Russia
US
UK
Sorry but that is a ridiculous list...
USA will never be at bottom and many things could happen to all the countries on the top of your list...

USA will never be at bottom and many things could happen to all the countries on the top of your list...

i wouldnt say that the US will never be at the bottom, as this is not true, every power has its rise and fall, and so will have the US. But the US will remain for a long time from now.

TOP 10??

China
India
Brazil
Japan
SouthAfrica
Germany
Italy
Russia
US
UK

Would you be kind to elaborate why South Africa is in that top ten list, while countries like Turkey, Mexico, France isnt????

China
India
Brazil
Japan
SouthAfrica
Germany
Italy
Russia
US
UK

I think he put up the list for annual rice consumption by mistake.

Instead of this crap, why cant people post This weeks' top Trance tracks??:what:

i wouldnt say that the US will never be at the bottom, as this is not true, every power has its rise and fall, and so will have the US. But the US will remain for a long time from now.
I wouldn`t say that, why would a country so powerful willfully go down alone?

Back
Top Bottom