What's new

Top 10 Most Powerful Countries In 2011

1st USA 2nd Russia 3rd China 4th Japan 5th India
Top 5 for me..the list here seems to be a great example of biased journalism..hell who would put Italy in top 10!?

---------- Post added at 05:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

Well the list is not from a organization or an agency..it is the pov of an individual..

Technology (Defence)

1. US
2. Russia
3. France
4. China
5. India
6-10. Japan/UK/Israel/Germany/Sweden.

Overall
1. US
2. China
3. Russia
4. Japan
5. India
6-10. UK/France/Germany/Canada/Brazil

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 PM ----------

Although anyone can make Top 10 List. everyone has different Top 10. :lol:

guy-looking-down.jpg

439388-Royalty-Free-RF-Clip-Art-Illustration-Of-A-Cartoon-Boy-With-A-Wagon-Looking-Up-In-Awe.jpg
india-flag-47.gif

Read again.

I said "master and deploy advanced technology". You cannot do that unless you have the capability to master the basic scientific principles behind the technology.

So how many cutting edge scientific work you have seen coming out of China? Name one.

The UK is so closely tied to the US in terms of everything, it's not clear if they would survive on their own any more. Not against the powerhouses listed above.

Er..top 2 best universities in world are in UK. Have you seen number of Nobel laureates from UK in last 10 years? UK is quantitatively ahead of Asia. Japan/Korea are joke at best.

Most of the advantage enjoyed by France and UK is residual because of history. They are not keeping up with the newcomers. Germany and Japan are.

Now I know the extent of your ignorance.

it's probable that energy will determine future superpowers.

india is too reliant on the west with no energy. the russian bear is not.

india is in no.8.i expected india will be in top 5.but i am hopeful .our country is progressing.i am sure we will be in top 3 in 2030

it's probable that energy will determine future superpowers.

india is too reliant on the west with no energy. the russian bear is not.

India is reliant on west for what?

You are partially correct on energy thing.

Business Line : Opinion : Tapping shale gas

"Schlumberger, an international service major, pegs India's initial in-place shale gas reserves at 300 -2100 TCF—much higher than our current gas reserves of about 39.4 TCF according to BP Statistical Review. India suddenly is in the league. Perhaps, it can change the very characteristic of an energy-intensive economy. However, we will have to be prudent. "

India also has one of the highest known reserve of Thorium and it has just discovered huge uranium reserve. And west is significantly boosting it's energy reserve (US for example).

Which is Most powerful among Turkey, Iran, KSA, Indonesia ? I think Turkey :agree:

Which is Most powerful among Turkey, Iran, KSA, Indonesia ? I think Turkey :agree:
yes you are right.among those countries turkeys has largest economy.it's infulance is increasing it's region.it has tradtionaly good relationship with the west.

So how many cutting edge scientific work you have seen coming out of China? Name one.

The best, but not the only, showcase of a country's technological ability is its military capability China is doing quite well in all areas including stealth technology.

Just because you are blinded by your pro-India bias doesn't negate China's capabilities.

Er..top 2 best universities in world are in UK. Have you seen number of Nobel laureates from UK in last 10 years? UK is quantitatively ahead of Asia. Japan/Korea are joke at best.

You've got to be kidding!
Switzerland and Singapore also have universities in the top tier. It doesn't make them technological powerhouses.
It's one thing to do churn out papers at a university. It's quite another to develop industrial grade working technological products -- especially those for military requirements.

Now I know the extent of your ignorance.

No need to get mad just because I don't subsidize your fantasies.

Back
Top Bottom