What's new

Today! Salah udin Ayubi recapturd Bait ul Muqadas on 2nd Oct 1187

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Saladin (1137/1138–1193) was a Muslim military and political leader who as sultan (or leader) led Islamic forces during the Crusades. Saladin's greatest triumph over the European Crusaders came at the Battle of Hattin in 1187, which paved the way for Islamic re-conquest of Jerusalem and other Holy Land cities in the Near East

Last edited by a moderator:
Great thread @Zarvan, please post more information regarding this event.

Last edited:
After more than a week of laying siege to perhaps the most contested city in the world, Muslim military commander of the Crusades, Sultan Saladin Yusuf ibn Ayyub marched into Jerusalem on this day in history in 1187, resulting in Jerusalem’s recapture into Muslim hands and the near-total collapse of the crusader Kingdom of Jerusalem.

Following his July 1187 victory at the Battle of Hattin, Saladin captured many Christian territories in the Holy Land. Christian crusader Balian of Ibelin escaped Hattin and later approached Saladin to ask permission to pass through battle lines to retrieve his wife and family, which Saladin granted in exchange for an oath that Balian would not take up arms and remain in the city for only one day. Balian agreed. Approaching the city, Balian faced pressure from Queen Sibylla and Patriarch Heraclius to defend the city and reneged on this oath. He conveyed his change of heart to Saladin.

On 20 September 1187, Saladin arrived outside Jerusalem with his army, and immediately opened negotiations for a peaceful surrender. The negotiations were fruitless and Saladin commenced a siege of the city. For days he and his men attacked the Tower of David and the Damascus Gate but were continually repulsed by Balian’s men. After six days of failed efforts, Saladin shifted his focus to a stretch of wall near the Mount of Olives. For three days, Saladin’s forces relentlessly pounded the wall with catapults. After mining a section of the fortification, the wall collapsed and Saladin and his forces marched into Jerusalem on 29 September 1187.

After negotiations, Balian and Saladin agreed to a peaceful transition of power in Jerusalem. According to most reports, Saladin ransomed 7,000 Christians for 30,000 bezants, the local currency at the time. After Balian presented the keys to the Tower of David on 2 October, Saladin, in an act of mercy, freed many more Christians destined for slavery. They left the city in three columns led by the Knights of Templar, the Hospitallers, Balian, and Patriarch Heraclius.

Now in control of the city, Saladin continued to allow Christian pilgrimages to Jerusalem and allowed the Church of Holy Sepulchre to remain in Christian hands.

The Muslim siege and capture of Jerusalem, led by Saladin, was a turning point in the Crusades and ultimately led to a third Crusade in 1189. It also earned Saladin, a Muslim Kurd born in present-day Iraq, enormous respect for his chivalry and generosity, from his followers and enemies alike.

Credit: Alamy
Caption: "Saladin the Victorious," from Gustave Doré's "History of the Crusades." @WebMaster

After more than a week of laying siege to perhaps the most contested city in the world, Muslim military commander of the Crusades, Sultan Saladin Yusuf ibn Ayyub marched into Jerusalem on this day in history in 1187, resulting in Jerusalem’s recapture into Muslim hands and the near-total collapse of the crusader Kingdom of Jerusalem.

Following his July 1187 victory at the Battle of Hattin, Saladin captured many Christian territories in the Holy Land. Christian crusader Balian of Ibelin escaped Hattin and later approached Saladin to ask permission to pass through battle lines to retrieve his wife and family, which Saladin granted in exchange for an oath that Balian would not take up arms and remain in the city for only one day. Balian agreed. Approaching the city, Balian faced pressure from Queen Sibylla and Patriarch Heraclius to defend the city and reneged on this oath. He conveyed his change of heart to Saladin.

On 20 September 1187, Saladin arrived outside Jerusalem with his army, and immediately opened negotiations for a peaceful surrender. The negotiations were fruitless and Saladin commenced a siege of the city. For days he and his men attacked the Tower of David and the Damascus Gate but were continually repulsed by Balian’s men. After six days of failed efforts, Saladin shifted his focus to a stretch of wall near the Mount of Olives. For three days, Saladin’s forces relentlessly pounded the wall with catapults. After mining a section of the fortification, the wall collapsed and Saladin and his forces marched into Jerusalem on 29 September 1187.

After negotiations, Balian and Saladin agreed to a peaceful transition of power in Jerusalem. According to most reports, Saladin ransomed 7,000 Christians for 30,000 bezants, the local currency at the time. After Balian presented the keys to the Tower of David on 2 October, Saladin, in an act of mercy, freed many more Christians destined for slavery. They left the city in three columns led by the Knights of Templar, the Hospitallers, Balian, and Patriarch Heraclius.

Now in control of the city, Saladin continued to allow Christian pilgrimages to Jerusalem and allowed the Church of Holy Sepulchre to remain in Christian hands.

The Muslim siege and capture of Jerusalem, led by Saladin, was a turning point in the Crusades and ultimately led to a third Crusade in 1189. It also earned Saladin, a Muslim Kurd born in present-day Iraq, enormous respect for his chivalry and generosity, from his followers and enemies alike.

Credit: Alamy
Caption: "Saladin the Victorious," from Gustave Doré's "History of the Crusades." @WebMaster

InshAllah those days would return just be 100%with Allah forget every other believe me days are about to return.
Allah is Allah everything is his creation. History has seen very powerful kafer converting into ashes.

Watch "Kingdom of heaven" which is based on this event. I had an idea before I watched the movie that it has shown Muslims in positive light but I wasn't very hopeful. I thought there would be few scenes here and there and boy was I wrong!
Hollywood has the habit of "dandi maring" when showing Muslims but I don't think they have done this in this movie. In fact it is the other way around, Christians are shown as bad guys while Muslims as good guys. It has amazing cinematography and fight scenes. I especially like that scene where Sultan Salahuddin's forces attack and encircle the enemies. I watched the scene twice and it was very beautifully filmed. Here is a screenshot of that scene to give you an idea.

RyhRa.png

Sultan is shown as a very good and pious Muslim and the person who performed this role did 100% justice to it. When ever he was on screen my heart would skip a beat.

The movie might but historically inaccurate (as with any other movie) but that's not the point here. My only gripe about the movie is that scene in which they show Muslims offering prayers. When Muslims pray (in farz namaz) they do not have gaps in between (which we call "saf mukamal karna") but in that scene they showed, people were praying with so much gap in between.

Overall a very good movie and highly recommended.

By the way I watched "Directors Cut" version in 720p which is 3 hours long and around 40 minutes longer than the theatrical version.

By the way I watched "Directors Cut" version in 720p which is 3 hours long and around 40 minutes longer than the theatrical version.
i
@TechMan
Going to check this out. :tup:

Last edited:
Salahu din ayubi and His Rival Richard had a legendary relation of chivalry

@Zarvan great thread.

This great man spent every penny he had on his cause, he left behind all that he had, family, fortune and lands.

@TechMan
Going to check this out. :tup:

Tis one of hell of a film, make sure you get the director's cut webby.

@Zarvan great thread.

This great man spent every penny he had on his cause, he left behind all that he had, family, fortune and lands.

Tis one of hell of a film, make sure you get the director's cut webby.

the movie no doubt is good, but they did not show battle of hattin. i dont like historical war movies not showing battles :pissed: it takes all the fun out of them.

the movie no doubt is good, but they did not show battle of hattin. i dont like historical war movies not showing battles :pissed: it takes all the fun out of them.

i totally agree with you, historical movies without showing a battle, is jus like enjoying french fries without ketchup :azn:

Back
Top Bottom