What's new

To whom does the term 'Aryan' belong?

"The evidence of the Rig Veda shows that during the centuries when the Aryans were occupying the Punjab and composing the hymns of the Rig Veda, the north-west part of the subcontinent was culturally separate from the rest of India. The closest cultural relations of the Indo-Aryans at that period were with the Iranians, whose language and sacred texts are preserved in the various works known as the Avesta, in inscriptions in Old Persian, and in some other scattered documents. So great is the amount of material common to the Rig Veda Aryans and the Iranians that the books of the two peoples show common geographic names as well as deities and ideas". (Pakistan and Western Asia, By Prof. Norman Brown)

Look, you are clearly out of your depth here. The Iranian connection is known & understood. No one is disputing that. The Rg veda does show in parts a closeness of language to that of the Iranians but what has befuddled scholars for ages has been that the closeness of the language is most reflected in the 8th Mandala which is among the later parts of the Rg veda. Try if you will to reconcile that bit of information with the supposed common language of the Indo-Iranians before separation. The rest of the bit about NW India etc remains disputed. The Sarasvati river flowed through Haryana and it is on its banks that the Rg veda was believed to be largely composed.

In Rg veda river Ganga does not even come close to the importance given to River Saraswati. Rgveda was written in a long period of time and in the earlier parts of it there is no mention of Ganga. I am not sure but in the earlier parts of Rg I did not find Kashi and Varanasi to be mentioned.May be in the later parts it is there.Let me brush up it once again.

Ganga is mentioned in the oldest part of the Rg veda (VI), though not nearly as many times as the Sarasvati. In the three oldest mandalas(VI, III & VII), the Indus does not even get a reference.

:what: Indira was NOT shiva but Dravidians have mixed the two.

Even the Indus valley civilization is said to be different than Hindus. They also are said to eat cow meat not worship neither they burn their dead as per the scholars.

I dont know but if you have information can you tell me had there been any Hindu diety excavated at Indus sites?

Oh Mr. open your eyes and read up again :) i am praising dravidians NOT otherwise. i am only laughing at you that how in an uncalled obssession for aryan you are just trying to let down dravidian rich history and culture.

Indus Valley Civilization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I believe that these people did eat cow meat. However the whole concept of vegetarianism became popular during buddhist period. Also in general the veneration of the cow was because cattle/livestock was considered wealth, given a dowry etc. that tied in with increasing vegetarianism propbably made caste hindus shun cow slughter. but this is only a guess. also remember india would seem like a continent in those days and these practises may have been phsed into different regions at different times.

:what: Indira was NOT shiva but Dravidians have mixed the two.

Even the Indus valley civilization is said to be different than Hindus. They also are said to eat cow meat not worship neither they burn their dead as per the scholars.

I dont know but if you have information can you tell me had there been any Hindu diety excavated at Indus sites?

It is not Indira, INDRA king of gods like Zeus in Greek Mythology.

Secondly the mixing took place between Byrava and Rudra and result is Lord Shiva(pure).

Both have some common qualities.

No where in Indus Valley civilization it has mentioned they eat Cow meat. It was in Rig veda, some rituals are mentioned.

Dude come out of the lala land, nobody here is degrading south culture, all I am saying is Hinduism is a fusion.

Indus Valley Civilization - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I believe that these people did eat cow meat. However the whole concept of vegetarianism became popular during buddhist period. Also in general the veneration of the cow was because cattle/livestock was considered wealth, given a dowry etc. that tied in with increasing vegetarianism propbably made caste hindus shun cow slughter. but this is only a guess. also remember india would seem like a continent in those days and these practises may have been phsed into different regions at different times.

Maybe it's because cows are economically efficient as milk-making machines rather than as meat.

In China we have a tradition that we don't eat Ox that have worked hard their whole lives ploughing the fields. Out of respect for their hard work, and because a life of hard work makes their meat tough and chewy.

Maybe it's because cows are economically efficient as milk-making machines rather than as meat.

In China we have a tradition that we don't eat Ox that have worked hard their whole lives ploughing the fields. Out of respect for their hard work, and because a life of hard work makes their meat tough and chewy.

The worship in Hinduism can also be said as a respect given to that animal, since it has given lot of things in return.

Worshiping trees, animals is one way of taking care of Nature.

The worship in Hinduism can also be said as a respect given to that animal, since it has given lot of things in return.

Worshiping trees, animals is one way of taking care of Nature.

nature worship is the essence of paganism. and i think there is something beautiful in respecting that which is sustaining your life and that which has created you.
some people make fun of the shiva ling (which is the phallus symbol in hinduism) but this is only the worship of fertility which has sustained and propogated the population. s.e.x was never a taboo before the 2 new religons came into existance.

nature worship is the essence of paganism. and i think there is something beautiful in respecting that which is sustaining your life and that which has created you.
some people make fun of the shiva ling (which is the phallus symbol in hinduism) but this is only the worship of fertility which has sustained and propogated the population. s.e.x was never a taboo before the 2 new religons came into existance.

Exactly, it is far better to worship and take care of some thing which supports human life.

let me ask again

when has a single indian ever "let down dravidian history and culture"?

and dont tell me stuff like one ****** said this, one said that, because you dont have a trustworthy reputation

:laugh: go through the thread and findout the bharati claiming based on some CIA factbook link that 25% are dravidians and 75% India is aryan.

ok ok guys let me give you the statement that

All HINDUS are Aryans so now be happy.

:laugh: go through the thread and findout the bharati claiming based on some CIA factbook link that 25% are dravidians and 75% India is aryan.

ok ok guys let me give you the statement that

All HINDUS are Aryans so now be happy.

Some Indians speak Aryan languages and some Indians speak Dravidian languages. There is nothing called Aryan/ Dravidian race :D.

It is not Indira, INDRA king of gods like Zeus in Greek Mythology.

Secondly the mixing took place between Byrava and Rudra and result is Lord Shiva(pure).

Both have some common qualities.

No where in Indus Valley civilization it has mentioned they eat Cow meat. It was in Rig veda, some rituals are mentioned.

Dude come out of the lala land, nobody here is degrading south culture, all I am saying is Hinduism is a fusion.

The Indus valley civilization details show they used to eat beef. and do NOT worship cows.

Can you mentioned if any hindu idiol/deity was exacvated from Indus valley sites?.

Indra was vedic aryan god and shiva as dravidian hindus got. you hindus mixed it up and calling indra as shiva now.

the vedic Aryan apart from beaf/cow eating ones also were NOT Idolworshipers unlike hindus

Some Indians speak Aryan languages and some Indians speak Dravidian languages. There is nothing called Aryan/ Dravidian race :D.

:D so aryan speakers are greater :D INVADE SOUTH .

come on by your definition even Bangladeshis as Loki said are aryans

The Indus valley civilization details show they used to eat beef. and do NOT worship cows.

Can you mentioned if any hindu idiol/deity was exacvated from Indus valley sites?.

Indra was vedic aryan god and shiva as dravidian hindus got. you hindus mixed it up and calling indra as shiva now.

the vedic Aryan apart from beaf/cow eating ones also were NOT Idolworshipers unlike hindus

:D so aryan speakers are greater :D INVADE SOUTH .

come on by your definition even Bangladeshis as Loki said are aryans

Bengali is classified as an Indo-Aryan language. Again, there is no homogenous race called Aryans or Dravidians, it was a hypotheis during British Rule which was proven wrong. Only languages are classified as Indo-Aryan or Dravidian. Genetic studies show that both of their ancestors migrated from Central Asia.

Back
Top Bottom