What's new

To whom does the term 'Aryan' belong?

Prehistoric antiquities of the Aryan peoples: a manual of comparative philology and the earliest culture : Schrader, Otto, 1855-1919 : Free Download & Streaming : Internet Archive

I found it in this book.Hope you will find it interesting(Go to page 94). This book was an inspiration for Bal Gangadhar Tilak to write the illustrious Arctic Home of vedas.

A reference to such long summer days would not necessarily mean that those latitudes were the homelands .... there is evidence of migrations to places as distant as Turkey (the Mittani) and Lithuania.

Syama nobody in Pakistan even familiar with the term aryan we are more busy in our current day issues. Infact these are Indians who have some obssession with this struggle to prove themself aryans and disapprove their dravidian culture and faith and rich history.

priti vedic aryans, their culture, their rituals, their gods everything was different than hindus.

infact its not their rituals which are adopted but their faith, rituals all were consumed by dravidian faith/culture etc etc.

what an ignorant chap! do you even know who dravidians are? let me give you a hint, they built one of the worlds most powerful navies in the 11th century. that was about the same time you pakistanis were getting conquered by invaders from the Kaibar pass on a regular basis

its frustrating to see pakistanis and a lot of others misuse the term dravidian without knowing squat about the word

A reference to such long summer days would not necessarily mean that those latitudes were the homelands .... there is evidence of migrations to places as distant as Turkey (the Mittani) and Lithuania.

This "long summer days" have profoundly been mentioned in RgVeda too.But in the yajur vedas,written comparatively later are more subcontinent specific.

PS: Why would someone write a hymn with so much care and love about a land not entirely known to him?

rituals of worshiping fire, shiva-parvati, worshipping fertility and cow worship (because they were a main source of livelihood ) are all indus valley civilzations which then were brought to gangetic plains.
dravidians are completely removed in the sense that they were the original inhabitans of areas from afghanistan and they got slowly driven south.

:what: Indira was NOT shiva but Dravidians have mixed the two.

Even the Indus valley civilization is said to be different than Hindus. They also are said to eat cow meat not worship neither they burn their dead as per the scholars.

I dont know but if you have information can you tell me had there been any Hindu diety excavated at Indus sites?

what an ignorant chap! do you even know who dravidians are? let me give you a hint, they built one of the worlds most powerful navies in the 11th century. that was about the same time you pakistanis were getting conquered by invaders from the Kaibar pass on a regular basis

its frustrating to see pakistanis and a lot of others misuse the term dravidian without knowing squat about the word

Oh Mr. open your eyes and read up again :) i am praising dravidians NOT otherwise. i am only laughing at you that how in an uncalled obssession for aryan you are just trying to let down dravidian rich history and culture.

This "long summer days" have profoundly been mentioned in RgVeda too.But in the yajur vedas,written comparatively later are more subcontinent specific.
There is a chronology for books of the Rig Veda, and the oldest ones are based in the Ganga-Yamuna-Saraswati region. There are also references in the Rig Veda to ancestors who were living in Kashi (Benaras).

I never said that they were people of central asia, said that is the commonly held idea but lacks any archaeological evidence to support it. The recent genetic studies on Indians seem to question that theory. Btw, raising doubts in a theory widely questioned by other scientists does not qualify for your analogy. Why do you believe that "Aryans" came from centrals Asia, Siberia wherever?

because unlike what you said it's accepted theory by majority of scientist and it's more in line of our mythology which are dating far before 17-18 centuries .
by the way the study on 130 people have so small data poll that can be easily gave you wrong data

also Iranian scientists also support this . and the oldest documented Aryan language written text is Mittany Tablet which is found in turkey not something found in India

Oh Mr. open your eyes and read up again :) i am praising dravidians NOT otherwise. i am only laughing at you that how in an uncalled obssession for aryan you are just trying to let down dravidian rich history and culture.

are u kidding me? when has a single indian ever "let down dravidian history and culture"? stop smoking pot and typing jana

There is a chronology for books of the Rig Veda, and the oldest ones are based in the Ganga-Yamuna-Saraswati region. There are also references in the Rig Veda to ancestors who were living in Kashi (Benaras).

In Rg veda river Ganga does not even come close to the importance given to River Saraswati. Rgveda was written in a long period of time and in the earlier parts of it there is no mention of Ganga. I am not sure but in the earlier parts of Rg I did not find Kashi and Varanasi to be mentioned.May be in the later parts it is there.Let me brush up it once again.

are u kidding me? when has a single indian ever "let down dravidian history and culture"? stop smoking pot and typing jana

dahhhh you are NOT aryans why you are trying to disown dravidian history?

one of your Bharatii said that there are only 25% dravidians and 75% Aryans in India

because unlike what you said it's accepted theory by majority of scientist and it's more in line of our mythology which are dating far before 17-18 centuries .
by the way the study on 130 people have so small data poll that can be easily gave you wrong data

also Iranian scientists also support this . and the oldest documented Aryan language written text is Mittany Tablet which is found in turkey not something found in India

"The evidence of the Rig Veda shows that during the centuries when the Aryans were occupying the Punjab and composing the hymns of the Rig Veda, the north-west part of the subcontinent was culturally separate from the rest of India. The closest cultural relations of the Indo-Aryans at that period were with the Iranians, whose language and sacred texts are preserved in the various works known as the Avesta, in inscriptions in Old Persian, and in some other scattered documents. So great is the amount of material common to the Rig Veda Aryans and the Iranians that the books of the two peoples show common geographic names as well as deities and ideas". (Pakistan and Western Asia, By Prof. Norman Brown)

one of your Bharatii said that there are only 25% dravidians and 75% Aryans in India

let me ask again

when has a single indian ever "let down dravidian history and culture"?

and dont tell me stuff like one ****** said this, one said that, because you dont have a trustworthy reputation

Lets make this simple for you since you're hell bent on making a mountain out of a molehill...

Throughout the world, people are marked as being of a certain origin based on linguistic backgrounds...
Turks speak Turkish...
Germans speak...of course german....
Arabs speak Arabic...so on and so forth....

Hindi and some other Indian languages in north India are part of the Indo-Aryan/European group of languages...
Now if some Indians speak Aryanic languages...what does it make them?

Based purely on linguistic basis, North Indians fall into what could be considered an Aryan sample group...of course the origins of which are still in question...

There are also Dravidian people in india that speak their own languages....
Hope its been easy for you so far...

Moving on about your beef about Hindus NOT being Aryan...
Some Hindus are Aryan and Some Hindus are Dravidian...simple as that...

The reason why you may notice that the practice of eating meat/beef was present in Vedic religion (followed by what one in popular logic considers Aryans) and its followers but not in present day Hinduism is mainly because Hindus and their predecessor the Vedic followers are NOT people of the book....
We do not have a set of rules dictated by a person that define ways of living and practices....It is a combination of philosophies and spirituality with an open interpretation to the path to reach god..

Unlike Islam, we do not have a finite set of rules that define a Hindu...hence the its always open to revision, evolution as well as regress depending on how its followers evolve...
Hindus of present day (formerly vedic) evolved to value life and the spirit of the "Mother" (which is the birthplace for all things living) and hence considered the cow sacred...

So once again...
NOT All hindus are Aryan...
The Aryan-Dravidian divide in the subcontinent is based on linguistic principles...
The Aryan invasion theory is questionable with gaping holes...
Hindus are NOT a race
Pakistanis dont need to subscribe to our set of understanding as Indians (of varied backgrounds) and our identity...simple!

Many studies have been done on genetics in India. Take it up with Harvard & MIT if you don't like the methods. There is no evidence of the archaeological type to suggest any mass movement of the people. Even Michael Witzel, the Harvard professor who is the foremost proponent of the AIT no longer supports any mass movement of people into India. The Mittani are extremely interesting because they shows use of some very clear Sanskrit words as opposed to it being an Indo- Iranian connection. What do Iranian scientists support? I never said there is no linguistic connection, there obviously is which is why there there all these theories, my point was specific to the absence of any archaeological evidence to back that up.

I'm not aware how much you know of the Rg veda. Its age while disputed is put at the minimum of 1500 BCE or older. It is simply the oldest known "Aryan" composition. It makes no reference to any journey of people . While that by itself proves nothing, the fact that there is no archaeological evidence supporting any migration does raise questions.

Naah nobody is disowning anything. We are just removing your misconceptions.

@Spring Onion regarding your statement about Aryans involved in beef eating, ancient hindus indulged in eating beef but they shunned it after the advent of Buddhism. Even today most of beef in India is consumed in South, infact I had my first beef fry in Chennai.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom