What's new

To Promote Religious Tourism In Pakistan, PM Imran Khan Meets High-Level Delegation Of Buddhist Monk

Shahzaz ud din

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
To Promote Religious Tourism In Pakistan, PM Imran Khan Meets High-Level Delegation Of Buddhist Monks
The delegation will discuss if KP government can make it possible to establish a school in the name of Monk Maranantha.
By SARA RASHEED On NOV 22, 2019
bds.jpg

A delegation of Buddhist monks, which was headed by Most Venerable Won Haeng, President Jogye Order, is currently visiting Pakistan to explore the country’s religious tourism potential. With the revival of tourism, the visit is also expected to improve cultural ties between Pakistan and Korea.

As part of their visit, the delegation reviewed the safety measures of Korean Buddhist pilgrims. They also evaluated security at Buddhist sites in Pakistan. The delegation will also discuss the measures to preserve Buddhist cultural heritage in the country. With this, the delegation is also expected to meet prominent scholars belonging to Islam, in a bid to promote inter-faith and cultural harmony.

Monk Maranantha Schoool:
During their visit organised by Pakistan Embassy in Seoul in collaboration with the Ministry of Cultural Heritage and Korean Embassy in Islamabad, the delegation will discuss if KP government can make it possible to establish a school in the name of Monk Maranantha in Chota Lahore, Swabi, which happens to be his birthplace.

Nov 23, 2019
The delegation met Prime Minister Imran Khan at the PM Office on Wednesday. The core purpose of the visit is to revamp the existing cultural ties between Korea and Pakistan and give them a fresher start.

What are your views on this? Share with us in the comments bar below

Very good initiative, not only it would bring needful forex but will help in building better soft image.
How I wish, this kind of initiatives keep moving to next steps where by people to people contact could be easy.
And one day I could explore the dreamed destinations.....

One day ...Some day...

If you can find a society that is same as it was 2,500 years ago I will pay for you to get a wash in the Ganga.
Obviously, no society is same. But many societies are similar in terms of values as it was 2000 years back. For example, most parts of India, China are similar in core values

But many societies are similar in terms of values as it was 2000 years back. For example, most parts of India, China are similar in core values
No. Your not talking to a idiot. Values are amorphous and incredibly difficult to draw down on paper. As you know even the Supreme Court of India failed to define Hinduism. Therefore to measure a society [2,500 years ago] to today is notoriously difficult and subjective. Yeh we they ate, we eat, they walked, we walked, they shagged, we shagged etc etc.

There is nothing similiar in China to what was 100 years ago leave alone 2,000 years ago. There is nothing similiar to India with your antecedents 200 years ago. You certainly do not dress, eat, kill your widows or employ caste system as you did two centuries ago.

Beyond that is like seeing dot image. You see in the dots what you want to see.

The Gandhar of the past is not same as Gandhar of present
Remind me to say to the Romans next time I am in Rome and I see no live Christians beeing eaten in the Collisiium "Romans of today are not same as Romans of past".

I know what they would say "Thanks god we are not" or "we would be feeding Christians to the lions every evening staring with the pope himself".

upload_2019-11-23_16-1-1.jpeg

consider revision.
still do.

Remind me to say to the Romans next time I am in Rome and I see no live Christians beeing eaten in the Collisiium "Romans of today are not same as Romans of past".

I know what they would say "Thanks god we are not" or "we would be feeding Christians to the lions every evening staring with the pope himself".
Romans were not christians during time of gladiator. Gladiator matches ended in 400AD & Roman empire became christian after that time. That is why I gave the example of India and China to have similar value even 2000 years back though there have been modifications in outer layers. Europe has drastically changed and is opposite of itself during 2000 years back

That is why I gave the example of India and China to have similar value even 2000 years back though there have been modifications in outer layers. Europe has drastically changed and is opposite of itself during 2000 years back
No idea why your bringing Chinese into it [is this some vain attempt at gaing from their lustre?] as it has been entirely re-invented jusat in the last 100 years. Entirely. It has been turned on it's head as society and owes everything to Karl Marx.

And India? Perhaps some junglees in the Ganga swamps probably are same as they were 2,000 years ago. I will give you that. Good thing you guys changed what with Sati and caste sysatem etc.

Also note I think Sub-Saharah Africans beat even India. They have not changed or did not for 10,000 years till arrival of Europeans. Most were still trapped in hunter gatherer mode til lately. So India can take second place to Africa. Brovo.

Going back to Pakistan and Ghandara. As somebody who is a history buff with interest in Indus Basin region over the last 3-4 years I have seen a incredible change in Pakistan mostly prompted by government of Khyber Pakhtunkwa particularly under the wise hands of minister Atif Khan. Pakistan is begining to re-connect and celebrate it's glorious past. Gandhara was one such glorious past in our long history. Noticed at the new Islamabad Airport one gallery is named "Gandhara".

images

Great move !! Pakistan have so many religious places , very good idea .. pakistan should develop the hindu temples in Baluchistan I visit one enroute to gawadar on makran coastal highway and i heard its considered very spiritual to hindu brothers its called hinglaj

You pulled a Beautiful one khan sahab .. geo !!

No idea why your bringing Chinese into it [is this some vain attempt at gaing from their lustre?] as it has been entirely re-invented jusat in the last 100 years. Entirely. It has been turned on it's head as society and owes everything to Karl Marx.

And India? Perhaps some junglees in the Ganga swamps probably are same as they were 2,000 years ago. I will give you that. Good thing you guys changed what with Sati and caste sysatem etc.

Also note I think Sub-Saharah Africans beat even India. They have not changed or did not for 10,000 years till arrival of Europeans. Most were still trapped in hunter gatherer mode til lately. So India can take second place to Africa. Brovo.

Going back to Pakistan and Ghandara. As somebody who is a history buff with interest in Indus Basin region over the last 3-4 years I have seen a incredible change in Pakistan mostly prompted by government of Khyber Pakhtunkwa particularly under the wise hands of minister Atif Khan. Pakistan is begining to re-connect and celebrate it's glorious past. Gandhara was one such glorious past in our long history. Noticed at the new Islamabad Airport one gallery is named "Gandhara".

images

Simple he wants to say the The Pakieess have no history of their own and are just Muslim Indians while Ganghus are ancient folks with the prowess at wavelength with the Chinese typical Ganghu playbook

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom