What's new

Time to take a firm stand on the Durand Line

In Afghan war, enter Sir Mortimer Durand
When the British decided to define the outer limits of their Indian empire, they fudged the question. After two disastrous wars in Afghanistan, they sent the Foreign Secretary of India, Sir Mortimer Durand, to Kabul in 1893 to agree the limits of British and Afghan influence. The result was the Durand Line which Pakistan considers today as its border and Afghanistan refuses to recognise. Then, rather than extend the rule of the Raj out to the Durand Line, the British baulked at pacifying the tribes in what is now Pakistan’s Federally Administered Tribal Areas (FATA). Instead, they used the still-extant Frontier Crimes Regulation of 1901 to keep them at bay, if necessary through collective punishment. The Pashtun tribes living on either side of the Durand Line continued to move back and forth, resenting outside interference and rejecting an arbitrary division of their lands by a foreign power......

In Afghan war, enter Sir Mortimer Durand | Pakistan: Now or Never?

Just to clarify.

Durand line is not "fudged". Only an idiot and ignoramus of our geography would deny the border or attribute this only to Sir Durand.

FYI!

Like many boundary lines around the world, this line follows the mountain range of Hindu Kash.

Hindu - Indian subcontinent region
Kash - means line (noun)
------ also Kash - to draw a line (verb), to draw or fetch (Cigarette ka kash as in smoking cigarette)

This line divided Afghanistani area on the West and Indian subcontinent regions on the East.

And thus it predates Brits by 100s of 1000s of years.

Sure there were kings and emperors who controlled both sides of this border. But the border still stood. And the kings and emperors used the "mountain passes" to cross this natural boundary line.

Khyber pass is the most famous among those passes.

Tribes and people always go across the boundaries. this is not unique to Pak-Af border
Tribes and people speak similar tongues across the boundaries. this is not unique to Pak-Af border

In some small sections on this border, Hindu Kash may not be making clear line, so you have to use mapping and survey techniques to define border there.

Let's cut this cr@p and make sure we do not trivialize important geographical feature that exists on our Western boundary.

Pakistan should respect this and all or our borders.

Afghanistanis too must respect this border. We must institute the liberal visa regime for the tribes who have relatives on either side of the border.

But we must declare these tribes as citizens of the country where they declare their residence as "permanent".

Let's move to current times instead of living in an era that existed centuries ago.

peace

p.s. Brits introduced modern methods of doing survey and developing maps. We should give credit to Brits then for developing modern day maps.

If I didn't know you'd love it, I'd shove my fist up your arse for that description of ours ! :woot:

On a serious note Khan tum logg bhi aiseee ho - Panniii khataam ho giyaa...ISI ne bund kiyaa ho ga ! Rotttiii basiii nikliii...ISI ne Ataa kharab bhejaa ho ga ! Karzai ko cheenk ayeee....ISI ne germs bhejeinn hon gai ! :hitwall:

ISI toh ISI, ISI ka Armstrong bhi ISI :lol:

Jo ap ne kaha us mai bhi ISI ka haath hai, ab dekho ISI karta ek kaam hai lakin yahan us par kahi ilzaam laga dete hain aur uska munafa sirf politicians ko hoti hai awam ko nahi awam ko bewaquf banate hain taa ke unki apni kamzori awam ko maloom na ho!!! lakin mushkil yeh hai ke Pakistan se aesi koi qadam nahi uthti jis se yaha ke awam ko yeh ehsas ho ke nahi har chiz me ISI ka haath nahi hai!

Sher Malang answer me this. Afghanistan wants the tribal areas of Pakistan because Pashtuns live there? So Afghanistan should give northern Afghanistan to Tajikistan as Tajik people live there also. No?

There is no solution required, there is no Durand Line, that is Pakistan - Afghanistan Intl border and we Pushtons in Pakistan would love and like to be with Pakistan, that's it.

If Afghans try to make an issue out of it, we should and will respond in the proper manner required.

this should be addressed in pakistan and afghanistan once and for all, because we like to increase border security in KPK and FATA, we like to fence and mine the border, we like to install CCTV cameras and heat sensing cameras, we need to act in such a way

no afghan, should be allowed inside pakistan without proper working or visit visa, no pakistani can smuggle pakistani goods to afghanistan just so easily, and no afghani should be allowed to smuggle drugs

ISI toh ISI, ISI ka Armstrong bhi ISI :lol:

Jo ap ne kaha us mai bhi ISI ka haath hai, ab dekho ISI karta ek kaam hai lakin yahan us par kahi ilzaam laga dete hain aur uska munafa sirf politicians ko hoti hai awam ko nahi awam ko bewaquf banate hain taa ke unki apni kamzori awam ko maloom na ho!!! lakin mushkil yeh hai ke Pakistan se aesi koi qadam nahi uthti jis se yaha ke awam ko yeh ehsas ho ke nahi har chiz me ISI ka haath nahi hai!

Khan Sahib, the Lar Pashtuns have spoken why won't you the Bar Pashtuns recognize the Durrand Line as final & let either of us be ?

Aur jahan takk ISI ki baat rahiii I'm Colonel Armstrong - their official food taster ! :rofl:

That's not so difficult because most of them are production of same factory where they are feed conspiracy theories in breakfast, fitna in lunch and denial in dinner; which virtually makes bunch of them only 1 or 2.

I am in favor of logical and well informed discussion on the issue, will not engage with any internet warrior - they badly scare me!

Thats the crux! Everyone believes to be only logical in any given discussion.

I remember your post on a thread about BP buses for PCB, I tried my uttermost to locate any logic but failed.

In Urdu we say "apnay moo miyan mithoo banna"

:tdown:

Ḥashshāshīn;3534986 said:
Sher Malang answer me this. Afghanistan wants the tribal areas of Pakistan because Pashtuns live there? So Afghanistan should give northern Afghanistan to Tajikistan as Tajik people live there also. No?

You don't have the basic knowledge of the history of Afghanistan in your logic we should also struggle for this as well: ?

map1772.jpg

Thats the crux! Everyone believes to be only logical in any given discussion.

I remember your post on a thread about BP buses for PCB, I tried my uttermost to locate any logic but failed.

In Urdu we say "apnay moo miyan mithoo banna"

:tdown:

There is no logic to give BP buses for PCB haven't you seen MRAPs of US/NATO blown up with it's crew? you have to review the logic of the decision maker there!

You don't have the basic knowledge of the history of Afghanistan in your logic we should also struggle for this as well: ?

map1772.jpg

Ahhmn...ahhmn ! Ahmad Shah Abdali = Pashtun Hero ! One can see how quotes attributed to him are laced with references to Pashtuns, Pashtunwali & Pukhtoonkhwa. We've got twice as many Pashtuns as Afghanistan or for that matter the rest of the world combined. Also by some sources he was born in Multan !

We've got more claim to Abdali than you guys ! Hand me over parts of Afghanistan ! :P

Why don't Afghans just accept the border and work towards security and development.

In the future both countries can be stable and people from both sides can visit each other.

Ahhmn...ahhmn ! Ahmad Shah Abdali = Pashtun Hero ! One can see how quotes attributed to him are laced with references to Pashtuns, Pashtunwali & Pukhtoonkhwa. We've got twice as many Pashtuns as Afghanistan or for that matter the rest of the world combined. Also by some sources he was born in Multan !

We've got more claim to Abdali than you guys ! Hand me over parts of Afghanistan ! :P

No the place he was born was Afghanistan then British India and now Pakistan ! :D

So in your opinion what is the solution? And by the way do you really think that the Tajiks, Uzbeks , Hazaras and Turkmen would want nearly 40 million more Pushtuns?

Tajiks, Uzbeks, Hazaras, Balochs, Turkmen, Pashtuns all lived together before British India and with no doubt can live together again.

I disagree that Afghanis started the issue. They were first invaded by USSR. then the Paksitanis and Americans readicalised them by creating mujahideen forces. then the US ditched pak and Afg. The Durand line being porous and not very strict, the Taliban started operating both in Afg and Pak.
So it is debatable whether the afghan taliban are afghans or Pakistanis. But they are Pashtuns. So its a bit of a mess in that area. So if Pakistanis say that Afg are responsible for the mess in pak, they are wrong. Pak was the one who helped create the mess and fed the monster of taliban.
Yr knowledge in this issue is very weak.....
we know abt our country n what we did. We dont need u to tell us what 2 do as yr from an enemy state so its obvious what way will u analyse the situation.

Well some of them do not want to be controlled from Kabul.

In fact areas in current Afghanistan are not under full control of Kabul.

Please fix your own house, create a stable government for a few years. Who knows we come to you and beg to be included in your grand Afghanistan. Who knows.

But until you can fix your own house, there is no use in threatening others.

Such threats and $tupidities will only make your own life miserable, especially if the other parties can do 10 times more instability than you could.

Fix your own house dear. Fix it.

And let us fix ours.

Enough of blood shed and enough of instability already.

This is not 1770s.

Please try to live in 2012.

Thank you

Back
Top Bottom