What's new

Tillerson urges India to seek rapprochement with Pakistan

I don't know what is amusing in his statement.he is basically making fun of Pakistan just like he did before.i don't know when this country will learn.any USA president in the past never used such words against Pakistan but now this president openly called Pakistan a terrorist hotbed and we still find things against India in tillerson statement.we are like a slave of America with no pride.

Only do more demand is with Pakistan.
Despite Pakistani day dreams of US Afghan policy getting linked with Kashmir, Tillerson speech just got those dreams BTFO.

Did you even hear the speech? The USA basically said that India is earning a lot from trade with America and so asked India to step up its efforts in Afghanistan. That is the "Do More" demand. Pakistan was and will always be against this false Northern Alliance government and the USA has given up on pushing Pakistan to protect those corrupt fools. Now it is India's turn.

Now that India has shifted camps fully and Americans have embraced them as well, Indians better be ready for dictation. We've come out, and India has walked in. Interesting times ahead ...

Until the Pakistani ideology of jihad changes - supporting terrorism and Islamism, there can be no peace with Pakistan.

Now that India has shifted camps fully and Americans have embraced them as well, Indians better be ready for dictation. We've come out, and India has walked in. Interesting times ahead ...
Not really. Pakistan and India are not the same. Our economy and military does not in any way shape or form depend on aid or benevolence from US.

Its already a 2.3 trillion economy going on to become the third largest military and economic power in under 2 decades. We will be the third pole in international politics 2 decades from now.

All these are the exact opposites of Pakistani position vis-a-vis USA.

Did you even hear the speech? The USA basically said that India is earning a lot from trade with America and so asked India to step up its efforts in Afghanistan. That is the "Do More" demand. Pakistan was and will always be against this false Northern Alliance government and the USA has given up on pushing Pakistan to protect those corrupt fools. Now it is India's turn.
And he was right. India really needs to step up in Afghanistan.
Intact the Tillerson speech was the last nail for Pakistan in Trump Afghan policy as it is now clear that US will not link Kashmir to Afghanistan issue despite Pakistani crying on it.

actually trumpt threat india also in a very polite way. Like this, india do more you also na you also na lol
Looks like the following action items from the Trump's speech for the competing parties:
Pak: close Taliban safe havens. Give me something so that I can show myself as a "winner", and grab the next election. And, you'll be "safe".
India: fund NA thugs. Fight Taliban. And, you can have as much of TTP/BLA etc. as you want.

It means US acknowledging India's involvement in terrorism in Pakistan but wordings are too indirect to give a clear message ...

Why is the Pakistani media and even this website making this known on social media? Someone should create a video of statements from US/UK officials admitting Indian involvement of terrorism in Pakistan. Also statements showing Pakistan's innocence. There are many such statements. Someone should create a small video

And he was right. India really needs to step up in Afghanistan.
Intact the Tillerson speech was the last nail for Pakistan in Trump Afghan policy as it is now clear that US will not link Kashmir to Afghanistan issue despite Pakistani crying on it.

This "link" of Kashmir with the Afghan policy was a political tactic and nothing more. No one ever expected the USA to pressure India on Kashmir when it is asking it to take this Afghan mess off their hands. Now the question is whether India can shoulder the billions of dollars required to prop up the Ghani puppet govt. If India falters, the Americans will ask India to do more. Do more. Do more and more.

Why is the Pakistani media and even this website making this known on social media? Someone should create a video of statements from US/UK officials admitting Indian involvement of terrorism in Pakistan. Also statements showing Pakistan's innocence. There are many such statements. Someone should create a small video
Nice idea ... @Arsalan @Oscar @PakSword @Icarus @Irfan Baloch @El Sidd @Zibago guys this is a nice idea ... do you know anyone who is capable of video editing ... we should create such a video and spread it on media ... for the Pakistani cause ... unfortunately i have no expertise on the subject and my laptop is also admin lokced so cannot install any software to do the same ...

this is the only way it works

India cannot do anything in Afghanistan without land access. USA would have to look the other way while India builds the supply lines to Afghanistan. Even after the supply lines are ready India would equip and train Afghans to fight the Taliban. USA would have to provide air support in case the Taliban is too powerful.

I think the only way out is to include Taliban in the national politics and talk to them ... Afghani talibans are not terrorist or extremists and most of them represent local people ... there is a strong need of reconciliation between various factions of afghanistan for long lasting peace ...

India's foreign policy is decided in the corridors of the State Department in Washington DC. Whites dictate, Hindus execute. So this call for rapprochement is a great sign for stability in South Asia.

sad! I have seen Pak posters search out desperately for a couple of phrases in something somebody says and clutch on to that straw. Now the mighty Chinese like you are also relegated to that!

ok ok ...here is what Tillerson said after the Trump waling of Pakistan:

"While Trump did not spell out as to how Pakistan would be deterred and compelled, pundits and officials point out to the fact that the US has little leverage over Pakistan. However Tillerson said that Pakistan could be inflicted with pain. “All those things… are on the table for discussion, if, in fact, they are unwilling to change their posture or change their approach to how they’re dealing with the numerous terrorist organizations that find safe haven in Pakistan,” he added."

Last edited:
Good slap on the face of India but still not good enough. USA must call out India for state terrorism in IoK.
Lol.. is that a slap ?? By your logic Pakistan has been thrown and kicked by the US then. Isn't it ?

On topic:
IMO just a balancing statement. Nothing surprising.

Excellent! Trump is a god in India and the comments from Indians on this forum confirm their devotion to him and the USA.

Hopefully now that he wants India to do more they will obey :usflag:

Back
Top Bottom