What's new

Tibet issue

We are only doing our dharma by showing you the path - this is our benevolence - to follow it or not is your karma.

Buddy, you've done enough your dharma every year by exterminating 2 million your innocent and helpless children annually, and you have shown us enough your path. Your path seems leading to nowhere but starvation and illiteracy.

And you dare call it benevolence! How I could believe that! You call your killing of your children "benevolence"! :tdown:

And you try to control Karma? Best luck to you. :lol:

Yes - before I retire to my chambers for a snooze. They can of course eat soy - but traditionally soy is not a part of the Indian diet and same thing with beans. Also, China was able to reduce malnutrition to a large extent because the fertility of the Chinese women decreased to about 1.5 while the Indian woman still had fertility of 3. The one child policy really helped China get its act together - India does not have that luxury.

You don’t have to resort to family planning. You have a different kind of luxury: starvation. If you work just a little bit harder, guess you can achieve a better result. No?

I don't have the statistics.

However, my point is very straight - the country that can feed its population with whatever its produces, does not have to produce surpluses.

A country that may produce the world highest food grain but cannot feed its population and has to import/ease, is a failure!

A check of any thread will indicate it is the Chinese who go in circles and into total irrelevance and lastly spewing the the details given by the CCP to spread around the world.

They have a name for such an Army - remember?

Buddy, I personally don’t have problem of self-planting or importing food.

But, I do have problem with starving people to death, be it communism or democracy.

The problem is that your democracy starves more people into death than ANY communism, even in today’s world where foods are so abundant.

I have been to Tibet before on my trips to China and its a allot better than how the western media describes it, and under the Dalai Lima there was theocracy Tibetans were Slaves , now I'm not denying that there are human rights abuses but its hypocritical of the Of the us to criticize china on human rights when the USA has broken far more than china.

Curry doesn't smell bad. Its no perfume but its certainly not as bad as your making it out to be.

Actually I think most of the smell come from cooking with curry. I made curry once in my apartment and my roommates at the time complained for weeks.

Anyways this is off topic.

Didn't India recognize Tibet as apart of China as the rest of the world does when China recognized Sikkim as apart of India ? so whats with the debate Tibet is apart of China just like Sikkim is apart of India no more no less.

I have been to Tibet before on my trip to China and its a alot better than how the western media describes it, and under the Dalai Lima there was theocracy Tibetans were Slaves , now Im not denying that there are human rights abuses but its hypocritical of the Of the us to criticize china on human rights when the USA has broken far more than china.

It doesn't matter if you're a hypocrite if your criticism is not genuine in the first place. Concerns over human rights are just a continuation of the CIA's guerilla campaign from the 1970's, when that failed the US needed another way of bogging China down and weakening it through internal dissent. That's how The Dalai Lama's public relations campaign came to the fore.

Didn't India recognize Tibet as apart of China as the rest of the world does when China recognized Sikkim as apart of India ? so whats with the debate Tibet is apart of China just like Sikkim is apart of India no more no less.

Even so, there's been fanciful talk in Indian strategic circles about playing a "Tibet card" as a way of gaining leverage over China. It would amount to India reneging on the agreement you mentioned.

Asia Times Online :: New Delhi plays the Tibet card

China bans foreigners from Tibet: tourism office

By Dan Martin (AFP) – Sep 21, 2009

BEIJING — China has barred foreigners from travelling to Tibet until after sensitive October 1 celebrations marking the 60th birthday of communist China, a government tourism office and travel agents said Tuesday.

A woman staffer at the official Lhasa Tourism Bureau in the regional capital said the ban would officially go into effect on Thursday.

"Passes for foreign travellers to enter Tibet will be suspended from September 24 to October 8. That's according to a notice from the Tibet Tourism Bureau," said the woman, who refused to give her name.

She said the notice contained no further information and no reason for the measure.

Officials with the regional government and Tibet Tourism Bureau refused to comment.

However, travel agents reached by AFP said the ban was already in place.

"It started from Monday, according to the notice from the Tibet Tourism Bureau. Passes for foreign travellers are suspended until October 8," said a woman staff member at the Tibet Youth Travel Service.

Staff at two other major travel agencies also confirmed the ban to AFP.

The move is the latest sign of intense official concern over security ahead of National Day, which will mark 60 years since Mao Zedong proclaimed the founding of the People's Republic of China at Tiananmen Square in Beijing.

The government already has sharply ramped up security in the capital, putting thousands of extra police on the streets ahead of the festivities, which will include a military parade, fireworks and mass performances at the square.

State media reported Monday that outgoing flights would be halted at Beijing's airport during the parade, and retailers have said they have been banned from selling kitchen knives after two recent stabbings near the square.

Foreign tourists must obtain special permission from China's government to enter Tibet, the remote Himalayan region where resentment against Chinese control has seethed for decades.

China has previously banned foreign tourists from visiting Tibet including after deadly anti-Chinese riots that erupted in Lhasa and across the Tibetan plateau in March 2008, triggering a massive Chinese security clampdown.

Beijing also barred foreigners in March of this year during the tense 50th anniversary of a failed 1959 uprising against China that sent the Dalai Lama, the Tibetan spiritual leader, into exile.

The bans and tight security in Tibet since last year's unrest have devastated the picturesque Buddhist region's tourism industry, according to state media reports.

Reports have said visitor arrivals dropped to 2.2 million in 2008, compared to four million the year before.

Chinese authorities are currently grappling with seething ethnic unrest in the restive western region of Xinjiang, including a wave of mysterious syringe attacks.

The attacks have been blamed on Uighurs, a Muslim ethnic minority that has long chafed at Chinese control.

Staff at several major state-run travel agents handling Xinjiang tours told AFP on Tuesday they had so far received no notice of any ban on foreign tourists to the region.

AFP: China bans foreigners from Tibet: tourism office

Now, if China bans foreigners every now and then to areas like Tibet, Xinjaing etc. how can one get the real picture of China?

China bans foreigners' entry in Tibet
Beijing: Citing ‘safety concerns’, China has temporarily restricted the entry of foreign tourists in Tibet ahead of the March 10 anniversary of a Tibetan uprising against Chinese rule.

The measures were mainly due to the current cold winter weather, limited accommodation and safety concerns, Xinhua quoted a high-ranking official as saying Monday.

The plateau region is still in deep freeze in March and lots of religious activities will be held, said Zhang Qingli, Communist Party official for Tibet, while attending the annual parliament session in Beijing.

In addition, many people are going to Tibet to prepare for a grand ceremony commemorating the 60th anniversary of the peaceful liberation of Tibet, Zhang said.

Wednesday is the 52nd anniversary of a Tibetan uprising against Chinese rule March 10, 1959.

The Dalai Lama, the exiled Tibetan Buddhist leader, is expected to issue an anniversary statement Wednesday, DPA reported.

An anniversary protest March 10, 2008 in Lhasa, the regional capital, escalated into rioting that left at least 21 people dead, according to official figures.

Tibetan exile groups put the toll at more than 200 and claimed that many Tibetans were killed by Chinese paramilitary police.

The anonymous authors of online calls for nationwide anti-government ‘Jasmine rallies’ have also identified the central square in Lhasa as a site for weekly protests, DPA said.

China suspended all tours to Tibet following the 2008 rioting and has suspended foreign tours at least twice since then.

The Tibet Autonomous Region hoped to attract some 7.5 million tourists and earn about 7.6 billion yuan (about $1 billion) from tourism this year, Xinhua said.

Zhang also reiterated the government's view of the Dalai Lama as a ‘wolf in monk's robes’ who wanted to separate Tibet from China.

The Dalai Lama has repeatedly said he is not seeking independence but greater political and religious autonomy for Tibetans in China.

Chinese Communist troops took control of Tibet in 1951. The Dalai Lama fled to India in 1959 after an unsuccessful uprising against Chinese occupation.
China bans foreigners' entry in Tibet - FacenFacts
FnF Correspondent , Mar 08, 2011, 12:35 pm IST

Note the dates of the above two posts.

Why must China ban foreigners visiting the showcased Tibet.

Obviously, the showcase glass has broken.

And who knows what is going on in Tibet, Xinjaing and elsewhere?

We can only rely on the Communist propaganda that it is a paradise!!

Back
Top Bottom