What's new

Thrust to Weight Ratios of all Fighter Planes

I think Pakistan need to enhance Radar system and shooting range to see F22 first.Even F22 is the only aircraft that can evade Russian S-300 air defense systems. Pakistan should spend on Radar system. Let bring here a situation. when Pak F16/JF17/FC20 may see F22 first, then F16/FC20 will be in better situation to tackle His move. In this situation, here is 60% Possibility We can destroy this Devil in one to one combat.

Smoking hash and simultaneously posting in serious discussions are not compatible activities…………

USAF learned real quick in Vietnam what happens when you do not put a gun on your aircraft.

Sir,

Is that the limit of your understanding about current day usaf capabilities. You need to read up on Chogy's post one more time---. If you cannot comprehend it---I don't blame you for that---.

Forget the F 22---even the F15 and the F18's and the JSF and typhoon and rafael and su30 would avoid getting into a wvr---. They would lose their inherent position of strength----.

Please don't take these pilots for idiots---they are not going to drop their strong hand on the table and play with the weaker hand---.

MIG21---buddy---you talk all about these wavelengths and how to detect F22 with what technology---can I ask you---are you or are your resource living in ether---if not---and if they are living in this world and if they are in a country other than the u s, then they are the primary target of the u s air battle group---.

When you talk about detecting an F22----you need to first address what is backing up the F22 and what is in front and above and behind and below the F 22----. Before you take on the F22---you need to over power the u s a f air battle groups resources---.

Are smart and super genius people on this board thinking that the F 22 would be flying just on its own and a cavalier fighter jock from the enemy air force would tackle it mano a mano with the help of another super duper radar operator detecting this air craft without any threat from the u s air force----.

That is why I tell you people to read if you don't know it first hand or second hand---read some warbooks---read some war fiction----it will at least give you an idea how the american millitary machine moves---it will at least give you people some common sense to understand this issue.

Chogy made it very clear---a machine gun shot is from 200 to a 1000 yards----and within that range---you fly into the debris of the air craft that you just shot. So---you super geniuses want to shoot down a 50 million dollar plane and have your 250 million dollar plane destroyed in that process.

so the F-14 got a better T/W ratio than the JF -17 jf-17 not alll that then is it

The F-14 Tomcat is a high altitude fighter interceptor, the jF-17 is a low and medium altitude fighter bomber, so the roles are different.

d5sqS.png

wiki article... so dont get your hopes up

I certainly doubt the vertical performance claim.
The F-15's famous viking takeoff has been attempted by the F-22 as well.. and the results were spectacular.. the raptor out-climbs the eagle any day...with a combat load in the bay.

Last edited by a moderator:
Appreciate the T/W Ratios of all planes. Wondered all of them ;)

very very imformative seems like russian SU 35 my favourite leads the punch

What the difference between Maximum Thurst and Thrust-to-weight ratio !

Back
Top Bottom