What's new

Three Pak banks keen to operate in India

Asim,

Indian Banking structure is very strong one.Please read about Bad credit policies of Chinese banks, where they compare on Indian Banks. Habib Bank, which I am very familiar with, will have a very good run over here. And can expect to have a very good business. Indian Banks, the nationalized one's are profiting cuz of their rural pentration, while HDFC and ICICI banks are successful and Big Banks for their amazing coporate structure as well good investment policies.I have done a thesis on the very subject for my post-graduation. Look at the Formula 1 for now, You have ING Vysa being the major sponser for Renault, as well as ICICI for F1 in general. Foriegn Banks like Standard Chartered,HSBC, Deutsche Bank, citibank etc have very good presence in the Metro's.

Please do understand, I am not against trade or anything. We are not in position as of now to give away such sensitative area's. We dont allow Chinese companies in the telecom sector as well as Ship building etc

Banking is not a profit margin based industry, it is a service based industry. You give better service, you get more business. Indian Banks are really really good, but You can expect good business here, It doesnt matter about Pakistan. Nobody is bothered about Pakistan other than the Security Establishment, and rightly so. Habib bank does have a presence in Middle Eastern countries, You can make good business atleast in Kerala..lol

But it is too early for India to let Pakistan in on the banking sector, you can even say vice-versa

Adux, Pak bank is gonna operate in India if the government allows it, u being against/with it is not gonna help. ;)

Baazi,

How is you or me agreeing or disagreeing on anything in internet, going to change governmental policies.
I agree from a business prespective, but at a security prespective I dont agree. Pakistan does have a lot of anti-india agents inside of India, and financing them becomes easier with this. You could say the same with India, with respect to balochistan.That is your wish.

Asim,

Indian Banking structure is very strong one.Please read about Bad credit policies of Chinese banks, where they compare on Indian Banks. Habib Bank, which I am very familiar with, will have a very good run over here. And can expect to have a very good business. Indian Banks, the nationalized one's are profiting cuz of their rural pentration, while HDFC and ICICI banks are successful and Big Banks for their amazing coporate structure as well good investment policies.I have done a thesis on the very subject for my post-graduation. Look at the Formula 1 for now, You have ING Vysa being the major sponser for Renault, as well as ICICI for F1 in general. Foriegn Banks like Standard Chartered,HSBC, Deutsche Bank, citibank etc have very good presence in the Metro's.

Please do understand, I am not against trade or anything. We are not in position as of now to give away such sensitative area's. We dont allow Chinese companies in the telecom sector as well as Ship building etc
Lol when will be in such a position?

India's banking sector is very mature. I do know that. But UBL and Habib Bank are the big guns from Pakistan's private banking sector. Pakistani banking has seen an immense resurgence over the past 5 years or so. It is offering mutual funds in countries of the middle now too. Pakistani banks have wiped off Indian banks from UAE. LITERALLY. And you know there are all kinds of banks present here and all the management in them is also mostly Pakistani.

At one point UBL operated 32 branches in the UAE. Then the government limited the number of branches allowed to a foreign bank and brought it down to 8 and it has still managed to find ways to bypass that limitations through local investors. If Pakistani banks find local investors from India trust me they'd do the same thing they did in Middle East. Spread and Expand.

Which Market are you talking about Asim, Indian or UAE?
Both have different trajectories, and reasons?
Do you know why the DFIC is doing bad, Do you know why UAE is not able to become a good financial capital. I am not suprised Pakistani Banks bypassed it.
Do you know how much credit(not monetary terms) the world financial gives RBI for its very good work.
Bull, Works in this field in Dubai, he will tell you better.
ICICI total net assets value is $56 billion while habib bank is $7.5 billion. How exactly do you plan to take on the ICICI. Pakistani's are UAE bank heads; so what? (even though I think you are making over-generalization.)

Asim, please research and tell me. I know this field pretty well.

http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/05/30/bloomberg/sxhabib.php
http://www.icicibank.com/Pfsuser/aboutus/overview/overview.htm

Which Market are you talking about Asim, Indian or UAE?
Both have different trajectories, and reasons?
Do you know why the DFIC is doing bad, Do you know why UAE is not able to become a good financial capital. I am not suprised Pakistani Banks bypassed it.
Do you know how much credit(not monetary terms) the world financial gives RBI for its very good work.
Bull, Works in this field in Dubai, he will tell you better.
ICICI total net assets value is $56 billion while habib bank is $7.5 billion. How exactly do you plan to take on the ICICI. Pakistani's are UAE bank heads; so what? (even though I think you are making over-generalization.)

Asim, please research and tell me. I know this field pretty well.

http://www.iht.com/articles/2006/05/30/bloomberg/sxhabib.php
http://www.icicibank.com/Pfsuser/aboutus/overview/overview.htm
I work in this field too. In UAE.

Pak banks pretty much took off since Musharraf came to the scene. Indian banks just have a larger economy and more time on their side. It's a matured industry in India and in Pakistan it's just started to rise.

A pakistani bank in India, when Pakistan still supports anti-india activites inside India, I am sorry it is just not good for my country. You can use the same case in Balochistan case;if you want to. It will be good way of sending money accross. The relationship between the two countries havnt reached the level, where they could insert tools like these in each other's countries.

This makes no sense how can a bank go into politics, the banks are trying to earn money not invade India. You are backwards a bank opening in India is only going to help it will create jobs, what is it with you. Why do you see every thing from Pakistan as being ISI or in that prespective. Do you have wet dreams about the ISI?

This makes no sense how can a bank go into politics, the banks are trying to earn money not invade India. You are backwards a bank opening in India is only going to help it will create jobs, what is it with you. Why do you see every thing from Pakistan as being ISI or in that prespective. Do you have wet dreams about the ISI?
Somewhere up there he mentioned Pak has to reduce the infiltration first. This is such a BS Indian mantra now. I mean remember India first used to say, we should keep trade and Kashmir separated :P.

You dont know anything do you? About Banking.....Are you denying ISI in India.
How many Pakistani Banks will come, Till now Habib bank has only altogether 55 International locations, Lets put it this way 10 from habib(i am stretching) and 20 altogether from others. For 30 banks which will constitute nearly 300-500 employees'. We should let our country at risk. Make fiancing terrorist easier. habib has been bought over by the Aga Khan foundation from the Pakistan government at 51% stake, the rest still with the government and are publicly floated

Somewhere up there he mentioned Pak has to reduce the infiltration first. This is such a BS Indian mantra now. I mean remember India first used to say, we should keep trade and Kashmir separated :P.

yes, It is not Indian mantra, but remaining pieces of the failed thousand cuts policies. We dont want fiancing made easier for the terrorist. I agree Trade and Kashmir is seperated. But banking and security senistive areas are offlimits to china and pakistan. India recently declined China's role in Telecom and Ship building

Dude the fight against India has not diminished because of any failure, its because an attempt to talk things out is going on.

Dude the fight against India has not diminished because of any failure, its because an attempt to talk things out is going on.

Ahhhhh; I see. And you are arguing after making that statement, that I am wrong in saying any anti-india enhancing activity should not be allowed for Pakistan..lol

I work in this field too. In UAE.

Pak banks pretty much took off since Musharraf came to the scene. Indian banks just have a larger economy and more time on their side. It's a matured industry in India and in Pakistan it's just started to rise.

What kind of work do you do in the field?
You still havent backed up your claim, that habib will sweep off ICICI?
Its still not a matured Industry in India, ICICI has till now only pentrated metro's and lil metro's. ICICI is not India's biggest Bank. There are other Banks, and their nationalized one's. Such as State Bank of India etc, Punjab and Sindh Bank etc. They are 2-3 times as big as ICICI.

Ahhhhh; I see. And you are arguing after making that statement, that I am wrong in saying any anti-india enhancing activity should not be allowed for Pakistan..lol
India-Pak fighting has decreased because of both parties intentionally not fighting, because of failure. That's good if you ask me.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom