What's new

Three Pak banks keen to operate in India

What kind of work do you do in the field?
You still havent backed up your claim, that habib will sweep off ICICI?
Its still not a matured Industry in India, ICICI has till now only pentrated metro's and lil metro's. ICICI is not India's biggest Bank. There are other Banks, and their nationalized one's. Such as State Bank of India etc, Punjab and Sindh Bank etc. They are 2-3 times as big as ICICI.
When did I claim Habib would wipe off ICICI?

I said Pak banks CAN give Indians a run for their money once they start to spread.

Run for their Money, is just a relative term and generalizing, cuz you think it is a good pakistan establishment. it has more of your emotion speaking than any substance. Giving run for their money is not enough where winner makes all the difference. I am sure habib bank is good, but to play in the Indian market; is not easy. best of luck.

Telecom, banking, defence are the areas where India should limit FDI and screen all entries.

Dude I work for these establishments. I know the level of professionalism they bring to the table. Even compared to high profile International banks such as Citibank! I'm not saying that Pak banks would be richer than Indian banks IN India but you know a little something called market share? You are also comparing with India's top banks. There might be many smaller ones that can be beaten to establish an initial market share.

Pak banks are giving Citibank a run for their money! There are so many things within the banking sector that we can compete on. Saving schemes, investment schemes, loans, insurance, credits, are all things other than transferring money and opening up bank accounts.

Not to take anything away from India. We routinely buy technology from Indians as I said India has a matured banking industry. But then that's that. India's got tech, but profession vs profession we've beaten them in other markets and are now daring to goto India. :)

Beaten Indian Banks? Where and on what parameters? What kind of Banking are you talking, Investment, Islamic banking, General banking? Be specific.
If it is not in making money, how else do you rate banks?
Market Share? Look up the % of Market Share Foreign Banks have in India.Smaller Banks also work here, and they do well in their confined area's. If thats what you trying to imply; then lets not compare anything with ICICI or HDFC.

Habib is Pakistan's top bank, so where has my comparison gone wrong. You have just listed out Modern banking features. In what respect and In what field/sector have Habib given Citibank run of their money. If you are speaking about Habib having more customers in Pakistan as well as Pakistani's .Then yes.
I am not here to listen to your personal experience, You call yourself a band manager, journalist and now a bank man. Sorry cant buy that.Please provide links for your claims. Otherwise it is all rehotric. I have already provided you links, about the size of habib's and ICICI. you need anymore links on my points, just give me a shout.

The amount of money Indian banks have cannot be matched by Pakistani banks. But that's not the only parameter. As I said its about taking away a chunk of the Indian market share that is going to hurt them.

Indians have a near zero market share now in the middle east. There was a time when the official currency of UAE was the Indian rupee! So it is quite significant that while the Indians have been squeezed out, we are a strong, growing and resurgent force here.

The amount of money Indian banks have cannot be matched by Pakistani banks. But that's not the only parameter. As I said its about taking away a chunk of the Indian market share that is going to hurt them.

Indians have a near zero market share now in the middle east. There was a time when the official currency of UAE was the Indian rupee! So it is quite significant that while the Indians have been squeezed out, we are a strong, growing and resurgent force here.

Asim,

Please dont talk like a Layman, over-simplyfying. It doesnt work that way.
I suggest you read through this,
http://www.dbresearch.com/servlet/reweb2.ReWEB?rwkey=u1067360

If Indian Banks have ZERO Market share, then how can Pakistani defeat them?
lol,Indian banks have only started coming in the last 2 years. The Impact they have made is huge, before that just cateered to their citizens, now they are in the Dubai retail structure.I suggest you read this .
http://www.zawya.com/Story.cfm/sidZAWYA20070503031421/SecIndustries/pagFinancial Services

To hurt Indian banks, Do you know when pakistani bank comes to India, it will be under the Foreign Banks sector. Do you know the overall pentration of market of the all the Foreign banks put together in India? This is not Dubai, it is the 7th largest country in the world, with 2nd largest population. Its a whole new ball game.
i have done a detailed thesis on this, sorry for throwing my resume at you. But please research and reply.

Yeah I can imagine your resume... You suggested increasing exchange rates when an ISI operative wanted to transfer money :lol:

Wow nice link. ICICI opening with full flow, big bang... where? Doha, Qatar. :D :lol:

Why not Dubai? Where there is actually some big business presence? I'm not down playing India at all. The banks are smart they won't go where they are incapable of breaking into the market. Neither are Pakistani banks that way. Indian and Pakistani banks will now just be competing face to face rather than a mix of different countries banks.

Anyway all this complaining is a moot point. SBP and RBI have already signed an agreement. So it WILL happen.

Yeah I can imagine your resume... You suggested increasing exchange rates when an ISI operative wanted to transfer money :lol:

My resume,hmm. You want confirmation on that please ask Bull. He will vouch for me. But I am not a superboy band manager/songwriter/journalist/Bank employee...
before you try to slander me; Please do show me where I said increase the exchange rate on ISI particular transactions. Very sly asim unbecoming of you. You dont understand banking even though you work in it.

Asim

Wow nice link. ICICI opening with full flow, big bang... where? Doha, Qatar. :D :lol:

ICICI is already in Dubai. Please use your search engine. Their Expanding.Your under-estimating not by a little but by a huge margin.

Anyway all this complaining is a moot point. SBP and RBI have already signed an agreement. So it WILL happen.

I know that, But I just dont agree with it.

Asim

ICICI is already in Dubai. Please use your search engine. Their Expanding.Your under-estimating not by a little but by a huge margin.

I know that, But I just dont agree with it.
ICICI's presence in Dubai has to be googled up, and still its not really a branch, just a rep office... Habib Bank and UBL are the first three banks you'd see driving onto Bank Street. The third one is Citibank. You are talking about stuff from the academic point of view at best and I'm letting you know the actual things going on in the field.

My resume,hmm. You want confirmation on that please ask Bull. He will vouch for me. But I am not a superboy band manager/songwriter/journalist/Bank employee...
before you try to slander me; Please do show me where I said increase the exchange rate on ISI particular transactions. Very sly asim unbecoming of you. You dont understand banking even though you work in it.
What sort of a world would it be if I can't bug you with a play of words every now and then?

ICICI's presence in Dubai has to be googled up, and still its not really a branch, just a rep office... Habib Bank and UBL are the first three banks you'd see driving onto Bank Street. The third one is Citibank. You are talking about stuff from the academic point of view at best and I'm letting you know the actual things going on in the field.

What does driving into Bank street gotta do with anything. Other than that they are there. You are talking like a layman, with no facts to back up.

I dint not say anything in academics, I dont think I talked about Philip Kotler here, Did I.

So you say ICICI is not there in Dubai, Then HOW did you claim that Pakistani Banks beat it?
I know about the 'stuff' very well, But Do go on.

1. Pakistani Banks will take a Lot of Market Share in the Indian Market, When you dont even know how much is the foreign market share in India and how they operate. India is bigger than Dubai city.

2. About UAE Market share, you dont even know the problems DIFC is facing, and it is directly related to Banking in the UAE.

3. Habib's and UBL's total assets value together doesnt even come close to half of ICICI, and they are not the only BIG players in the Indian market

4. Habib's has only become private in 2004, is now owned by the Aga Khan Foundation, they are not in position as of now to challenge the Indians. But I do see a very very good future for them.

What sort of a world would it be if I can't bug you with a play of words every now and then?

You should try that with gals, works like a charm....every single time...lol
Men...hm.. i dont know..

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom