What's new

Three-month imprisonment for eating, smoking in public places under Ehtram-e-Ramzan Ordinance

It's just about respect and tolerance, respect from other side and tolerance from other " Aur Deen mein koi Zabardasti Nahi "

It's just about respect and tolerance, respect from other side and tolerance from other " Aur Deen mein koi Zabardasti Nahi "
Correct.

Its not very difficult to follow either, I was in The Maldives & when the Holy month came all we did was not smoke outdoors. Food Drink etc was in any case in the hotel where there was no change.

Out of respect ordered & kept stuff in the fridge in the room so that the staff wasnt inconvenienced . Work kept us occupied all day & after sun down it was like any other day.

Penalties & imprisonment I feel is extreme.

Penalties & imprisonment I feel is extreme.

This fine is just for public consumption and awareness for being so called "Islamic Republic". No such laws is followed and implemented in true sense. Visit Pakistan, and see yourself.

You've got to be some sort of little troll to want to go out in Pakistan during ramadan hours and eat and drink infront of people fasting in 47c heat.

crying about this law but what will happen to you lot on the day of judgement, you can't justify to Allah why you wanted to eat and drink in public in Ramadan
before you go all personal on me mate let me tell you one thing that i have been fasting in the month of ramzan since i was 10 years old and had only left around 10 rozas at max out of which 4 were allowed to me by islam (traveling).
now coming back to the point it isn't about you or me keeping the fast but others right to have a basic private choice like eating or drinking and us not enforcing our views or deen on them.

If Pakistan was a secular Republic this law would make no sense whatsoever. If Pakistan s an Islamic Republic, this law makes perfect sense. It depends on how you view Pakistan. I wont give my personal opinion because my personal opinion counts for jack shit in this situation. This is up to the people of Pakistan what kind of country they want to live in.

It is called Islamic Republic for no reason as there is nothing Islamic about it. Thuggery,corruption,honour killing, plundering is everything there which is not there in Islam.
oh ok so lets just leave our religious identify behind because they are a few corrupt people in this world.

FYI UK, USA and other countries are probably 10x times more corrupt then Pakistan, the only difference is they dont do corruption on a small scale here, its done in corridors and meeting rooms we will never get to or hear about. Take politics for example once you see who the biggest funders are to parties here in the UK you get the picture of how currpotion is done. Paharmas, tobacco and Alcohol associations are the biggest party donors do you see the difference in corruption here.

ISLAMABAD: Senate Standing Committee on Religious Affairs has unanimously adopted Ehtram-e-Ramzan (Amendment) Bill, 2017 under which monetary penalty has been hiked from Rs500 to Rs25000 for hotel owners who would violate Ehtram-e-Ramazan Ordinance, 1981.

Under the amended bill, anyone who will eat openly in public places during Ramzan hours would be imprisoned for three-months and pay a fine of Rs500.

Likewise, media outlets or cinema houses will pay a minimum fine of Rs500,000 upon violation of law.

Senator Tanveer Khan had introduced amended bill during senate sitting back on Jan-16 this year. The bill was forwarded for further consideration to standing Committee on Religious Affairs.
http://nation.com.pk/national/11-Ma...public-places-under-ehtram-e-ramzan-ordinance
Cant solve real issues so baboons will invent issues @Musafir117 @The Sandman @django @Moonlight
Let's hope it get rejected in the Houses. A Rs 500 fine for a cigarette worth Rs 8!
Also, would food include a candy? I'd hate it if my eight year old brother is sent to jail cause he couldn't resist popping a a candy in his mouth!

An elected government has made a law. Lets support democracy shall we? Whose with me on this?

Let's hope it get rejected in the Houses. A Rs 500 fine for a cigarette worth Rs 8!
Also, would food include a candy? I'd hate it if my eight year old brother is sent to jail cause he couldn't resist popping a a candy in his mouth!

if you think an 8 year old will prosecute him.

FYI UK, USA and other countries are probably 10x times more corrupt then Pakistan, the only difference is they dont do corruption on a small scale here, its done in corridors and meeting rooms we will never get to or hear about. Take politics for example once you see who the biggest funders are to parties here in the UK you get the picture of how currpotion is done. Paharmas, tobacco and Alcohol associations are the biggest party donors do you see the difference in corruption here.

Nope. Just nope.

Totally inaccurate. Biggest party donor in countries like US and UK include banks, pharmaceutical companies, oil/energy giants, CoCs, and different social lobbies (from gun/gun control lobbies to women's rights/evangelist lobbies). Compared to them, smoking/alcohol vs health lobbies is barely noticeable. And it isn't corruption since the funds are used to power election campaigns rather than for personal use, and it is legal and registered (and subject to restrictions and taxes at times). It's foolish to even consider that political campaigns can be run there without fundraising and lobbies. In Pakistan, that isn't needed since either the politicians/parties are (mostly) so rich that they can power their campaigns, or because the labour doesn't cost as much as it does in the other countries mentioned before.

its called Islamic Republic of Pakistan for a reason.

Those non muslim can eat and drink do whatever they want in the comfort of their own homes.
That would imply that their religious rights are not equal to us, unless we hold ourselves to the same standard. Then let's do that. From now on, we won't eat beef nor sacrifice the cow. It disrespects the Hindu tradition, no?
You can't have it both ways. Either they have the same rights or they don't. Simple as that.

That would imply that their religious rights are not equal to us, unless we hold ourselves to the same standard. Then let's do that. From now on, we won't eat beef nor sacrifice the cow. It disrespects the Hindu tradition, no?
You can't have it both ways. Either they have the same rights or they don't. Simple as that.

This has to do with social order. the more extreme the society becomes. the rules will become stricter.

so know your problems before coming up with comparisons.

the Hindu brothers of Pakistan can come up with a laws and recommendations on how to tackle the beef issue. there are provisions in the law which points to that.

there is no one in Pakistan which goes and slaughter cows in front of Hindus to piss them off.

stop polarizing the issue and find a common ground.

ISLAMABAD: Senate Standing Committee on Religious Affairs has unanimously adopted Ehtram-e-Ramzan (Amendment) Bill, 2017 under which monetary penalty has been hiked from Rs500 to Rs25000 for hotel owners who would violate Ehtram-e-Ramazan Ordinance, 1981.

Under the amended bill, anyone who will eat openly in public places during Ramzan hours would be imprisoned for three-months and pay a fine of Rs500.

Likewise, media outlets or cinema houses will pay a minimum fine of Rs500,000 upon violation of law.

Senator Tanveer Khan had introduced amended bill during senate sitting back on Jan-16 this year. The bill was forwarded for further consideration to standing Committee on Religious Affairs.
http://nation.com.pk/national/11-Ma...public-places-under-ehtram-e-ramzan-ordinance
Cant solve real issues so baboons will invent issues @Musafir117 @The Sandman @django @Moonlight
Mere Quaid ka Pakistan :-)
@Hell hound

lol what did i just read, and jest few months ago users here were saying pakistan is a secular Muslim country :o:
Most of Islamabad still remains liberal. "Cordially Resistant to Mullahism since 1967" should be our motto, come and think of it. [emoji41]

Back
Top Bottom