What's new

Thread that Destroys all Critics of Modi

Oh, it's no mystery how riots and other lawlessness spreads.
When criminals feel assured that they have a window of opportunity -- teen din ki mohlat (three days' window) -- they will make the most of it.
Teen din ki mohalat. :lol:

1669627_397063937104220_1603676397_o.jpg
The Magic Theory of Modinomics: Gujarat Government, under the wise leadership of Narendra Modi, has decided that those who earn Rs. 11/- a day are not poor. This novel theory would successfully eradicate all the poor from India!

गरीबी को मिटाने के लिए मोदीजी ने फेंका तुरुप का एक्का !if you earn 11 rupees daily you are not poor 24491

Part 2 - Modi phenomenon: Propaganda or Reality? | Guruprasad's Portal

Part 2 – Modi phenomenon: Propaganda or Reality?
In continuation with the case study, based on the questions & inputs received from responses to the previous (part 1) article, I have tried to analyze them in this article with the help of official reports from archives available in public domain (which I have been tracking and collecting over the past few years as mentioned in part 1 as a part of the study) and have tried to consolidate & present those findings here.

Part 1 of the case study can be found here:
Modi phenomenon: Propaganda or Reality? | Guruprasad's Portal

Following are the questions which will be analyzed in this part of the case study.
(I received hundreds of questions for the part-1 article, but these were the most frequently asked 5 questions which we shall analyze today)

1) Was the burning of Sabarmati Express at Godhra (on Feb 27, 2002) really a pre planned arson or some conspiracy? There are several alternate/conspiracy theories including that of “fire accident”, “cylinder/stove burst”, “faulty electrical” etc.

2) Is it not true that Modi gave inflammatory speech soon after the Godhra carnage to incite mobs?

3) Why are only Hindus praising/supporting Modi? Why nobody from the minority seem to be supporting him.

4) Why does Modi’s Gujarat have so many fake encounters compared to other states?

5) Modi refused to wear a skull cap when offered. How can we call him secular?

1) Godhra train carnage: Fire accident or a planned arson?

When I talked about this with friends, there were mixed opinions. Some of them believed that it was a pre planned conspiracy and some believed that it was a fire accident due to faulty electrical. While each of us can have our own opinions on any matter, it becomes necessary to find out what the courts say based on their investigations.

31 people were found guilty of conspiring and setting ablaze the S-6 coach of Sabarmati Express.
11 of them were sentenced to death. Here is the report of the court verdict with all the details:

2) Modi’s inflammatory speech soon after Godhra carnage

This was the speech delivered by Modi on national television (Doordarshan) soon after Godhra carnage:

I was not able to find any other speech, and if you find a video/transcript/report of any other speech given by Modi, please share it here so that I update this article with due acknowledgement to you.

3) Why dont minorities support Modi?

While it is clearly evident that Modi has garnered a huge support base throughout the nation, the question of minority support for Modi still remains. There seems to be some hesitation if not outright rejection. In order to understand why there is such a hesitation, one has to go a little deeper into this issue. From the looks of it, there seems to be hostility towards Modi by the minority community. Even if somebody supports Modi, he would hesitate to disclose it because the situation seems to have gone to such an extent that any support towards Modi by anybody from the minority community is immediately quashed and he/she is penalized. For example, here are some snapshots of news reports of how influential leaders from the minority community were punished for praising or even just taking an interview of Modi.

It is yet to be determined if this is the reason why some of the influential minority leaders are hesitant to support him (since they might be punished for praising or supporting him). However, inspite of this, several influential people have been showing their support towards him.

For example, here is one such influential person:

Some of the critical writers like Mohammad Neyaz Asghar have tried to look at it from a neutral perspective and published articles in “Muslim Mirror” which might indicate a paradigm shift & acceptance:

Jamiat leader, Madani, openly spoke out and took this stand which irked several parties and questioned the status quo:

Whether these will result in votes or not is beyond the scope of this study since this sub-topic is to only find out if there exists supporters in minorities as well. Please note that I am not criticizing any political party but only trying to present available reports for the purpose of analysis. Each party might have it’s own reason to remain hostile to Modi but when a young man from a minority community who is interested in Modi’s vision sees Vastvani sacked for praising Modi and Siddiqui sacked for just interviewing Modi, it starts to become a subject of taboo and the young man might suppress his views.

4) Why so many fake encounters in Gujarat?

Since I am analyzing this from the perspective of a psychology student, it becomes important to detach from any preconceived notions and look at it from facts based perspective. There are lot of discussions in social media about how Modi has been encouraging “so many” fake encounters in his state. What does “so many” mean? It becomes necessary here to quantify.

According to the National Human Rights Commission of India (NHRC), there were 440 cases of alleged fake encounters in India during 2002-2007. The breakup of each state is as follows:
Uttar Pradesh – 231
Rajasthan – 33
Maharashtra – 31
Gujarat – 4

Hence, when people on social media or expert panel in news channels discuss about “so many” fake encounters in Gujarat, they are actually referring to the 4 alleged fake encounters.

5) Modi & Skull cap

A few months ago, there was a furor across news channels about Modi refusing to accept skull cap.

Several political leaders who claimed to be secular condemned Modi’s non-secular act and this was the news story for the next 48 hours across popular news channels.

So, we come to the question: “How does wearing skull cap indicate secularism?”. Does that mean someone who refuses to wear a skull cap become non-secular? I have been asking this to many of my friends but nobody seem to have any convincing answer. Does this incident really need so much of media coverage? If you have any views on this, please let me know.

But since as many as 17 readers had brought out this point in the response for part-1, I cannot ignore it and must look at it from a neutral standpoint irrespective of whether this incident deserves such weightage or not.

Let us assume that Nitish is right. To prove one’s secular credentials, one has to wear skull cap when offered, failing which he becomes non-secular.
Nitish claims that he is secular and hence will always accept skull cap when offered.

But to the surprise of many, Nitish refused to wear a skull cap recently:

It is contradicting now. According to Nitish, he is secular (he claims to be) as well as non-secular (he did not wear skull cap nor did he accept the shawl). This is getting complicated and confusing and I will leave it to the reader to figure it out.

However, keeping the topic of skull cap & secularism aside for a while, I fail to understand why popular news channels highlighted Modi’s incident for several days but his rival leader’s similar incident went unnoticed. From a neutral standpoint, we must apply the same yardstick to everybody irrespective of who they are. Media has a very important role in the nation and must strive to be transparent and free of bias. If media (which influences millions) is being biased, it becomes propaganda and affects people’s mindset.

In psychology, this effect is called “Anchoring effect“:

So, we have analyzed all the 5 questions and saw several available reports and facts which are in public domain but not shown in main stream media (news media channels). Also, we studied about “Anchoring effect” and how it is being used by main stream media. So, we are all set to delve into the vast ocean of main stream media which we shall do in the subsequent/future parts of this case study.

Had to delete some links to post here, check the blog for all links.

@DRAY dada i guess kichu bd post pore tumio modi k vote debe :P

Aare bhai BJP WB te strong noy, kintu centre e ar kono option nei. Congress er performance ekebare jachchetai, jinispatrer dam akashchhoya, chakrir bajar kharap, beche thakai mushkil hoye poreche. Tar upore abar Rahul ekta gadha. Third front Govt. tekena, ar jotodin chole totodin sarkarer kaj kichui hoy na, du dozen partyr sobai jodi PM hote chay to ki hobe? BJPr policies progressive, Vajpayeejir Govt. darun kaj koreche, kaj korar sujog pele ora bhaloi korbe. Another term for Congress will be horrible for us. :fie:

Aare bhai BJP WB te strong noy, kintu centre e ar kono option nei. Congress er performance ekebare jachchetai, jinispatrer dam akashchhoya, chakrir bajar kharap, beche thakai mushkil hoye poreche. Tar upore abar Rahul ekta gadha. Third front Govt. tekena, ar jotodin chole totodin sarkarer kaj kichui hoy na, du dozen partyr sobai jodi PM hote chay to ki hobe? BJPr policies progressive, Vajpayeejir Govt. darun kaj koreche, kaj korar sujog pele ora bhaloi korbe. Another term for Congress will be horrible for us. :fie:

seta na hoy bujhnam but modi toh non hindu der dekhte payna akdom. khomotay ale koyjon k je mere fele

bola mushkil :P amra secular gov. ar andare thakbo tomra hindutvabadider khomotay bosabe jinis aktu mean na :D

kintu tarporeo ami khushi k wb aa ora strong na:cheers:

Part 3: Modi phenomenon: Propaganda or Reality? | Guruprasad's Portal

Part 3: Modi phenomenon: Propaganda or Reality?
In part 2 of the case study, we came across several facts & official reports which suggests the presence of anchoring effect and this part (part 3) will focus on that effect.

As we had found in the earlier parts, most of the facts are already available in the public domain but the main stream media (like NDTV, CNN IBN, Tehelka etc) seem to be suppressing these and instead of being neutral, have been taking sides, thereby intensifying the “Anchoring Effect”. As I began to explore in depth into this topic, I realized that such media channels are not only taking sides but there seems to be a cottage industry working overtime and churning out false news & misleading opinions against Modi with so much of animosity.

A few years ago, Tehelka had carried out a “sting operation” and showed us shocking revelations of Babu Bajrangi who alleged Modi’s hand and even went on to say that Modi changed judges several times to protect him.

Tehelka news report:
‘To Get Me Out On Bail, Narendrabhai Changed Judges Thrice’ | Tehelka.com

Tehelka sting operation:
The Truth: Gujarat 2002: Babu Bajrangi | Video Team

This was one of the allegations which was investigated by the Supreme Court appointed Special Investigation Team (SIT) and the report has much more shocking revelations. Here is the excerpt from the report which quashes the Tehelka sting operation :

Full report of SIT:
Full text: SIT closure report on Gujarat riots

In another shocking revelation from SIT report, a journalist from Times of India was in constant touch with Sanjiv Bhatt and helped him in arranging/drafting the affidavit against Modi. It might come as a surprise to find that journalists who are supposed to be neutral have gone to the extent of even hatching false complaints as proven in this case. He not only helped but also advised Bhatt to incorporate a few more paragraphs as the following excerpt from SIT report says:

toi_manoj_sanjiv_bhatt.jpg

Full report of SIT:

A few years ago, there was a widespread report of Modi making “objectionable” statements like “defending the riots as a result of Newtonian logic of action & reaction”. It was alleged that Modi had carelessly stated that the reaction against Muslim community was due to Newton’s law. This was investigated and the SIT found that Zee TV, which had taken the interview, had edited his statements to make it appear provocative and careless. While Modi had said that a specific case (Jafri’s firing) was an action for which the massacre in Jafri’s neighborhood was a reaction, he also continued to say there must neither be any action nor any reaction (i.e He did not justify any action/reaction but had said that he was against any such action/reaction). But the crew at Zee TV had edited and chopped off his last line which gave a completely different meaning altogether and the seemingly provocative statements were broadcast and reported all over. During the investigations, Zee TV did not cooperate with the SIT and inspite of repeated reminders, failed to provide the original CD of the interview. However, the interviewer upon summoning testified that Modi’s statement actually included the last line as well (which was cut by the editing team).

Full report of SIT:

Over time, several journalists, news anchors & media houses which are supposed to be neutral and unbiased, have been planting false stories about Modi being against Muslims, showing favoritism towards certain leaders, manipulating people’s minds and pushing down their biased opinions to millions of Indians, as shown in the following snapshots:

Here is a recent news report which was a planted story by ToI trying to mislead readers while a message from another news journalist suggested that the ToI story was false. This false news could have instigated communal tension.

TOI news link:
On Eid, Ahmedabad mall charges entry fee from Muslims - Times Of India

Rajdeep’s twitter update link:

During the recent Uttarkhand floods, Times of India had carried out a false story about Modi which had gone viral and after a few days, the newspaper, due to pressure from social media tendered an apology in the form of a “Clarification”. (On the left side).

'Rambo' Modi story a hoax - <i>Times of India</i> clarifies

Just a few weeks ago, when a British MP showed some interest in inviting Modi to UK for a speech, some of our news anchors appeared to be desperate (and inspite of the SIT report exhonirating Modi of all the allegations), had tried to act like spokespersons of certain parties and it was a matter of great shame that an MP from Britain had to chide them for disrespecting their own Supreme Court.

Here is the video clip of a prominent news anchor of a popular news channel speaking like a party spokesperson and disrespecting Supreme Court, and rebuked by the British MP:

On the same day, an experienced anchor from another news channel also was rebuked by the British MP:

Attachments

• upload_2014-2-2_1-32-2.png
    upload_2014-2-2_1-32-2.png
    871.8 KB · Views: 28
seta na hoy bujhnam but modi toh non hindu der dekhte payna akdom. khomotay ale koyjon k je mere fele

bola mushkil :P amra secular gov. ar andare thakbo tomra hindutvabadider khomotay bosabe jinis aktu mean na :D

kintu tarporeo ami khushi k wb aa ora strong na:cheers:

Modi puro ek dashak dhore Gujrat er PM, gotobachar 3rd term er janya nominate holo, ke boleche Modi khomotay nei? Gujrat kono Hindu rajya hoyni, Muslimder Gujrat theke taranor kono chesta hoyni, in fact 2002 er pore Gujrat e ar kono danga e hoyni, goto ek dashak Gujrater sobcheye shantipurno ek dashak. Ar Gujrati Muslim ra Modi jamanay onek unnati koreche, sob parameter e desher anya rajyer theke ora egiye ache.

Read all four parts of the blog, read the SIT reports, this was the biggest and most successful propaganda of Congress.

Part 4: Modi phenomenon: Propaganda or Reality? | Guruprasad's Portal

Part 4: Modi phenomenon: Propaganda or Reality?

In continuation with the case study, based on the questions & inputs received from responses to the previous parts, I have analyzed them in this article with the help of official reports from archives available in public domain and have consolidated & presented those findings here.

Following are the questions which will be analyzed in this part of the case study:

1) Did Vajpayee rap Modi for not following his “Raj Dharma” during 2002 riots?

2) Does Modi work under the auspices of RSS & VHP and prioritize Hindutva over everything else?

3) Is the Gujarat tourism story really a success or just hype?

4) Has Gujarat really attained international standards under Modi’s rule?
1) Vajpayee rapping Modi over “Raj Dharma”
This is something which is frequently quoted by critics to “prove” Modi’s mishandling of the riots. I still remember this criticism was being replayed by popular channels during their special documentaries on the “anniversary” of Gujarat riots (Surprisingly, media channels have been going gaga only over the 2002 riots and not any other riot for the past 12 years and telecast special documentaries on the same every year, trying to refresh/provoke people’s memories).

However, when I began to look at this from a neutral perspective, I was startled to find that media channels have cleverly manipulated Vajpayee’s statements to portray Modi in bad light. The way they had manipulated his statements & videos would give the viewer an impression that Vajpayee was unhappy with Modi and had lost faith in him. Although it cannot be denied that Vajpayee had indeed talked about the leaders & “Raj Dharma”, he went on to say that he had complete faith in Modi and believed that Modi was following his “Raj Dharma”. This latter part was cut out by media channels and only the first half was being propagated for years.

Here is the original, unedited video showing Vajpayee’s complete statement:

Following is an excerpt from newspaper archives which clearly shows that Vajpayee was satisfied with Modi’s handling & even believed (had faith) in his “Raj Dharma”:

2) Modi controlled by RSS?Recently, Modi was in news for proudly claiming himself to be a proud Hindu (“Hindu Nationalist”) which had repercussions throughout media houses which left no stone unturned while questioning if his loyalty was towards Hindutva or towards the nation. Even I was surprised with his statement but upon some introspection with an open mind, I realized that every individual in our country has the right to follow his religion and Modi was just being proud of his religion. But the bigger question at hand is if his affiliation with RSS and being a proud Hindu affected his model of Governance.

I began digging into archives to find out if Modi was an RSS stooge, and in the process, I was startled to find instances where he had gone against RSS & VHP. Here is one example from 2008 when Modi had razed more than 80 temples to ground, (much to the ire of RSS & VHP), as they were found to be illegal and were obstructing traffic:

Modi on temple demolition drive, VHP fumes
3) Gujarat tourismOf late, we have begun to see Amitabh Bachchan in ads featuring Gujarat tourism and I was under the impression that it is just another hyped up branding exercise. However, when I began to delve deeper into this, I was surprised to find that it was a meticulously planned strategy by Gujarat CM to transform the state from a barren land into a tourist destination. A great deal of foundation & planning seems to have taken place and the results are now for everybody to see. Gujarat tourism has not only received awards but even being studied as a case study in IIMs & even Congress ministers have praised it and asked other states to follow Gujarat’s tourism strategies.

The following snapshot of all the major headlines gives an idea of the transformation:

4) Gujarat’s “international standards” under Modi’s rule:Surprisingly, this is something most of the media houses do not like to talk about. In order to understand what this “international standards” was all about, I tried to find out if there are any quantified results to substantiate such claims. Since there might not be appropriate statistics on “international standards”, one way to dissect it is thorough awards & recognitions. Modi’s Govt has won hundreds of awards including national awards. But national awards are limited to the nation i.e Some Indian state or the other has to anyway win the award and if Gujarat wins an award among 28 states, it still does not prove that it is internationally capable. So it was necessary to find out if there are any benchmarks or international awards which could justify such claims.

One of the most popular benchmarks which is accepted in the corporate world is the ISO 9000 certification. And to my surprise, I found that Narendra Modi’s office was honored with ISO-9001:2008 certification. Such a certification is like a dream come true for most of the companies in corporate sector and I still remember how companies like Infosys & Wipro were blowing their trumpets after obtaining such certifications.

This news was never published in any of the major media channels or newspapers but only “Business Line” had carried it out as a short news piece:

The next set of awards (to highlight international standards) are from United Nations (UN). It is to be noted that UN awards have been won by other states as well in the past but our topic here is on whether Modi’s rule won any noteworthy international awards, and hence the focus on Gujarat.

In 2009, Gujarat had received the United Nations Public Service Award for drinking water supply.

Following is a snapshot from the official site of UN:

In 2010, Gujarat had received the United Nations Public Service Award for “improving transparency, accountability & responsiveness in the public service”.

Titled “State Wide Attention on Grievances with Application of Technology (SWAGAT)”, it is an online grievance system which makes use of technology with innovation to solve people’s problems.

Following is a snapshot of the original document from UN:

Recently, due to chaos faced during public grievance systems by certain newly formed parties, SWAGAT was in news and was being compared with other existing systems.
SWAGAT system being in practice for almost a decade, has established itself as the de-facto standard for others to follow.
The following 5 min video clip briefly summarizes the elements of SWAGAT and it’s interworking:

Check all deleted links in the blog itself.

Back
Top Bottom