What's new

Thousands of dalits to embrace Buddhism in Junagadh

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never heard Judaism allow conversion, one can only be a Jew if his mother is a Jew.

Most of the people don't care if anyone converts to other religion but Buddhism is very special for us.

Conversion is Judaism is allowed. But very difficult.

I respect Hinduism as a religion. But India as a state is another story.

But India is essentially a Hindu state. Without Hinduism, India would cease to exist. Its the whole faith, including the caste system, that make these Indian believe that their "country" in thousands of years old. If its no Hinduism as a country, these Indians would readily agree with me that India was created by the British, which is the historical fact.

It come in to being when Vedic Aryans created caste system and enslaved dark Indians. You may think but but aryan invasion is myth, even if its myth that doesn't change the fact that they existed and moved from north punjab to all over India and enslaved them.

So dalits can change to any religion they like but cant escape discrimination from upper caste hindus.

Caste system based on profession was only practised in Punjab in ancient times. In other regions one had to born in to Brahmin family to become brahmin.

The higher caste Indians are results of the Aryan invaders took the more attractive native Australoid girls as wives. The uglier Australoid stays with the native Australoid and they form the Sudra, the Dalits and the tribal groups.

The Hindus with dvija status are thus Aryan priests and rulers, warriors and farmers and commoners. But in any case, their paternal line is normally Aryans in nature.

The higher caste Indians are results of the Aryan invaders took the more attractive native Australoid girls as wives. The uglier Australoid stays with the native Australoid and they form the Sudra, the Dalits and the tribal groups.

The Hindus with dvija status are thus Aryan priests and rulers, warriors and farmers and commoners. But in any case, their paternal line is normally Aryans in nature.

High caste and low caste Hindus both have ANI genes with very high percentage.

High caste and low caste Hindus both have ANI genes with very high percentage.

Yes but Brahmins have more ANI then average population despite mixing for thousands of years. No one dispute vedic aryans enslaving native populations of India. The only debate is weather Aryans originated in Pakistan or central/Eastern europe. But in this debate Indians forget, no matter from where they come from fact is they enslaved native Indian population and created racist caste system.

Before they were allowed to marry girls from low caste which stopped around 2000 years ago.

A negative source does not prove you right. I hope you know the difference. In simple terms I will (for the sake of args) accept that in Punjab it was not rigid. But quote me that while Punjab was flexible, rest of Bharatvarsha was not.

There are many falsehoods in your post. I would be tired to prove you wrong. But a couple of glaring ones -
1. Rig Veda composed in Punjab only - You may be close to a great discovery. You are wasting your talent. If you know that it was done only in 'Punjab', you should submit a few journals.

2. 'The Prusha Sukta (Hymn of Man) in Rigveda says: “The Brahmana was his (Purusha’s) mouth; the Rajanya was made out of both his arms. His thighs turned into the Vaishya; from his feet was produced the Shudra”.' - This does not prove anything. To make a point - try living without any of the above and you will know how important each of them are. Besides this has no relation to the context.

3. ' religion of the ancient Punjabi was declared Nastadharama (destroyed religion)' - No source.

4. A newspaper article is not countersigned by historians around the world. It is news. It is written by Mustaq Soofi - and NOT accepted by the world community. His views are as invaluable as yours or mine. :D

Sir - You are just wasting your time by making him look like an ....(whatever). :devil:
He does that best all by hmself. Oh sorry - it should be Himself.

It seem you didnt read where he quoted Indian book writer. And where did RV was written if not in Punjab? Tamil nadu? Its historical fact brahmins who moved from punjab or expelled later on wrote horrible things about people living in land of 5 rivers. Here are some exemples.

"The strange fact is that the basin of the Indus and the Punjab West of Sutlej came to be regarded as impure land by the Brahmins of interior India at quite an early date. Orthodox Hindus are still unwilling to cross the Indus, and the whole of West Punjab between that river and the Sutlej is condemned as unholy ground, unfit for the residence of strict votaries of Dharma (Oxford History of India, by VA Smith, 3rd edition, edited by Percival Spear)."

"The Jat's spirit of freedom and equality refused to submit to Brahminical Hinduism and in its turn drew the censure of the privileged Brahmins of the Gangetic plain who pronounced that 'No Aryan should stay in the Punjab for even two days because the Punjabis refused to obey the priests (A History of Sikhs, by Kushwant Singh)."

"The inroads of those foreigners blotted out the memory of the memory of the Aryan immigration from the North-West (i.e. Pakistan) which is not traceable either in the popular puranic literature or in the oral traditions of the people. To the east of Sutlej (i.e. India) the Aryans were usually safe from foreign invasions and free to work out their own way of life undisturbed. They proceeded to do so and thus to create Hinduism with its inseparable institution of caste (Oxford History of India, by VA Smith, 3rd edition, edited by Percival Spear)."

It is noteworthy that according to the Bandayana Dharma Shastra the Indus Valley was considered impure and outside the limits of Aryandom proper. Any one who went there had to perform sacrifices of purification on return. (Tribes in Ancient India, by BC Law)

The Brhat-Samhita mentions Vokkana country as situated in the western region of Indian subcontinent (Pakistan). In chapter XVI, V.35, Varaha Mihira includes the Vokkana among those belonging to Rahu, together with barbarians, evil-doers and the like (Roruka: was it Moenjodaro? by Pranavitana, Studies in asian History: Proceedings of the Asian History Congress held at New Delhi in 1961).

Books by these historians are also not accepted right? After all one need RSS seal of aprovel to accepted by world wide comunity. lol Here is another gem by dejected brahmins who moved to India.

While the Aryans by now expanded far into India their old home in the Punjab and the north-west was practically forgotten. Later Vedic literature mentions it rarely and then usually with disparagement and contempt, as an impure land where the Vedic sacrifices are not performed (The Wonder that was India, by AL Basham).

Both Buddhism and Jainism flourished in Sind and it had revolted against the superiority of Brahmins. They ignored their Gods and denied the Vedas (Sindhi Culture, by UT Thakur).

I made sure to no quote "Pakistani" sources.

coverting to sikkhism was a much better choice.Though even buddhism is better only if they are not hindu

Thats crazy. Shame on Muslims!

These oppressed dalits must be introduced with the light of Islam by Muslims.

Christians make every.single.effort to spread their faith..spend hundreds of billions of dollars..and even trick people into Christianity.

Muslims haven't done even remotely enough in order to spread the message of Islam worldwide. What a shame..

That's only way for untouchables to get ride of this tag - Good for them and bad for World's Largest democracy Image

Actually good for "World's Largest democracy Image".

i just goes to show that there is some freedom to convert away from the dominant religion in India.

Let me see what would have happened if a similar number of Muslims had publicly declared their attempt to convert to Christianity or Buddhism in Pakistan. Oh I know, blood on the streets, slaughter in the alley ways.

So on the whole, while untouchability is a social evil that afflicts India, your evaluation of this event is quite ironic.

these Neo Buddhists are not real Buddhist these people are just victims of pseudo secular propaganda whose main aim is cause divide among two sister faiths who both also happen to be the most ancient surviving faiths today., Like last year lord Buddha's statue was vandalized in UP or recent bombing of mahabodhi temple at bodhgaya did you even heard of any simple words of condemnation by these so called Neo Buddhist groups like in BSP etc???

I like to think that there is a special place in hell for people who use this word. it has been bandied about so long, it has lost it's luster and meaning.

And I am sort of tired about this upper caste Indians on the internet cribbing about reservations. You have internet, you have a computer, that means congratulations you belong to the top 10% of the Indian population.

Is the reservation system equitable? Nope. But I am sick and tried of these Hindutvawaadis on the net when they encounter anything based on caste, bringing up reservation.

And these guys will whitewash history too.

90% of indians still marry inside their linguistic, ethnic, caste, sub-caste groups.

The caste system should be annihilated

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/centra...mbrace-buddhism-junagadh-9.html#ixzz2hZhFkEJf

They also form the backbone of the Internet BJP Trolls.

Their hobbies include:

denouncing Muslims everywhere

And complain about lower castes gaining more power

Conversion from one religion to other religion is a flawed methodology, if he failed to follow the values and ethics of the religion he was born in, what ensures he'll understand the newly adopted religion and adheres by it's principles? If they can find peace by conversion, then more power to them.

Thats crazy. Shame on Muslims!

These oppressed dalits must be introduced with the light of Islam by Muslims.

Christians make every.single.effort to spread their faith..spend hundreds of billions of dollars..and even trick people into Christianity.

Muslims haven't done even remotely enough in order to spread the message of Islam worldwide. What a shame..

They live in Gujarat . They know about the Shining light of Islam :D and they chose buddhism .

haath jortan hu bhai, bash India please.

Look Ill bash India as well. Secular government of India should be ashamed of itself for not preventing the Gujarat riots, the anti Sikh riots, Christian priests killings. It should also forcefu:)lly abolish any caste privileges and racism.

The reason these dalits converted to Buddhism is because they felt disenfranchised, and were discriminated against. The so called higher caste Indians should feel ashamed and force the government to look after all its citizens equally.

Correct.

This is the main point. The Dalits converted not mainly because they liked the other religion, but as a form of protest, a belief that they will be treated better.

Casteism still casts (excuse the pun) a huge shadow over rural India.

Take a look at matrimony ads, they not only ask you Caste, but sub-caste as well.

For example, a Kerala Matrimonial ad would place the caste name as a Nair and then a sub caste. Lunacy.

Like world's largest democracy cares about such incidents. Particularly when its citizens are more concerned about Pakistani hindus on Pakistani forums. :)

No only Pakistani are allowed to cry like crocodile for Indian muslims but when it come to Chinese muslim all these so called thekedar of islam hide in shame :disagree:

Yes but Brahmins have more ANI then average population despite mixing for thousands of years. No one dispute vedic aryans enslaving native populations of India. The only debate is weather Aryans originated in Pakistan or central/Eastern europe. But in this debate Indians forget, no matter from where they come from fact is they enslaved native Indian population and created racist caste system.

Before they were allowed to marry girls from low caste which stopped around 2000 years ago.

Such theories are great contradictions to genetic studies. BTW are you even aware of different classifications among Brahmins before writing some craps. :wacko:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom