What's new

Thought-provoking article on fall of Daka

DEMOCRACY does not and will not work in Pakistan

a) Lack of Education standards 10% population is only able to critically think out of box , smart and truly educated 3% of that is in Military.

b) Lack of Education means that 90% uneducated class will be exploited by People who are `rich by means of family` or businesses wealth. As they do right now

These elites have means to manipulate masses like sheep are manipulate by dogs to move around the farms (western concept of moving sheaps)

1) Purchasing TV channels or running Private political channels in Pakistan
2) Getting favorable loans to run political goals
3) Getting forgiveness to pay loans (no need to pay back to Banks once they come to power)
4) Handing of flour bags for votes in rural areas (that vote based on ethnic lines)
5) Grafity , Hiring local gangs for targetted killings

I mean , if the People of Pakistan can oust President Musharaf , a visionary leader , modern and educated and pro progress ...

You can imagine the mental state of that nation

Pakistan needs a leader whose first act would be to capture all Parliamentarians and execute them one by one , specially the ones that come on these BOUGHT out TV stations for the discussions

a) Lack of Education standards 10% population is only able to critically think out of box , smart and truly educated 3% of that is in Military.

b) Lack of Education means that 90% uneducated class will be exploited by People who are `rich by means of family` or businesses wealth. As they do right now

These elites have means to manipulate masses like sheep are manipulate by dogs to move around the farms (western concept of moving sheaps)

1) Purchasing TV channels or running Private political channels in Pakistan
2) Getting favorable loans to run political goals
3) Getting forgiveness to pay loans (no need to pay back to Banks once they come to power)
4) Handing of flour bags for votes in rural areas (that vote based on ethnic lines)
5) Grafity , Hiring local gangs for targetted killings

I mean , if the People of Pakistan can oust President Musharaf , a visionary leader , modern and educated and pro progress ...

You can imagine the mental state of that nation

Pakistan needs a leader whose first act would be to capture all Parliamentarians and execute them one by one , specially the ones that come on these BOUGHT out TV stations for the discussions

You need people with out of box ideas only when the need is to go from point A to B here both points being that of some prosperity. When the question is of building a institution called democracy u need people of integrity rather than the so called progressive thinkers or whatever. After certain period the strength of the system itself nurtures develops and attracts to its fold the people who will take it to the next level and again the institution needs belief in it to far painful levels than we can imagine and time.

Nukes cannot save a nation from breaking or help in developing ...

@RazorMC, as you rightly said - people change but the system does not collapse and the development continues ... the hope of that magical person who will change the future ... You need an entirely new constitution which keeps the power with the people and not with the Army ...

The first point is another cause of overhyped assessment of oursevles: Nukes make everything OK.
Well, they don't. But we have yet to realize that and move on to real progress, not some state delivered statement of greatness.

Second, the constitution can be amended to make martial laws illegal and the PM can be made the Supreme Commander of the Military with any attempt to dislodge him/her becoming treason. But what does this do? Nothing.
The problem lies in the current mindset to misuse everything possible for personal gains. As long as this remains, I can not except anything good to come from even the best of laws.

Please excuse me for my views. Especially if they seem unpleasant or disagreeable to you. No Military (not even the Pakistani Military or even the Indian Military) can EVER RUN a country. It is neither part of their training nor should it even be part of their mandate.

Even the Judiciary cannot run a country. Let me say that the Indian Judiciary is reasonably competent and mature. But the day they try to run India, then India will be doomed.

Only representatives of the people can run the country. If they are incompetent or dishonest; they can be kicked out of power! That is the greatest weapon that even a "Paindoo in a Pagri" has. What an incredible power!

Can he ever do that to the Military?

I don't find your post disagreeable, in fact I agree with the point you made here and this is what I mentioned earlier as well. Militaries were created for defense only.

Pakistan, however, lacks the visionary leadership (no, not a messiah :lol:) that can give hope to the people, that can tackle the multiple problems we face today head-on without flinching, fight corruption and at least build a solid foundation for Pakistan to grow. PTI currently shows these signs, but their capabilities haven't been tested yet so I don't know for sure.

Tired of listening to the media's endless tirade of corruption, terrorism and a miserable economy; people look to the proud men in uniform to put everything right. They are eloquent in their speeches, do not cower in the face of foreign media onslaught, command one of the largest militaries in the world etc etc.

Nobody even thinks whether they are even suitable for the job? Only if we had raised such questions. In the end, even a progressive man like Musharraf became unbearable and had to exit the political arena.

Last edited by a moderator:

These elites have means to manipulate masses like sheep are manipulate by dogs to move around the farms (western concept of moving sheaps)...

Brother, democracy does work and history is full of evidence. Monarchies and dictatorships have failed and history is witness to that as well. We never had true democracy in the first place.

PPP/PML(N) are completely undemocratic political entities with hereditary chairpersons. How do expect them to uphold the values of freedom and equality that democracy brings? Give true democracy a chance just as we gave dictatorships decades to rule us.

Fall of Dhaka... something not one person wants to discuss. Should have written that. Just some points: This is fiction based on some events and realities. The officers quitting before the war, the fall of dhaka, stranded Pakistanis, the ancestors of those who lived for Pakistan and settled in west Pakistan... these are things covered in the article. The last part also brings nationalism...

What did we do wrong in Bengal. Big question!
only one thing... massacre of civilians.the general people of east pakistan never wanted to break away from the mother..even though they were not treated at par with their western counterparts since 1947.they were happy in their own world and no one cared about anything.Mujib won the elections but he was not allowed to become the PM.In-fact,later when mujib became the PM of bangladesh,he proved to be an incompetent ruler.If he was made PM at that time,he would have lost the people's faith after 5yrs and the general public would have ignored him and his party.But power hungry bhutto and his ilks will not let that happen and instead started the massacres.That made him a hero and his famous speech " this time,the fight is for our freedom"
(ebarer songram,sadhinotar songram).even if u ppl have targeted only the awami leagures and not the "awam" (general public)..things would not have gone that bad.U cannot make a population of over 5cr ppl your enemy

@haviZsultan Inspite of our indifference of opinion, I really liked your article. Impressive story telling.

If i may suggest, kindly write about how the patriotism of a Pakistani judged in present society and what should be the criteria ?

This is entirely true. Patriotism is currently a field of 2 people:
1) The mullah...
2) The fauji...

If you support the above 2 you are automatically a patriot according to them. But the issue is far wider than this. How is it right to ignore the sacrifice of others who are simply self-critical and much more objective than other people? What makes a person like me less patriotic and capable of doing something psycho just because I refuse to fall for the official statement.

Personally through certain experiences I believe patriotism in Pakistani society has no place at all. Its very difficult to be a patriotic Pakistani today

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom