What's new

This is Why Islamabad is Better Than Lahore and Karachi

Bahria town Lahore

14079856_1777730365839277_6063875186189357513_n.jpg

planned city, already started to look like Islamabad even without being fully developed.
Lahore can't compete with Islamabad just because of area and natural scenery plus high population density.

Top cities by GDP (PPP)
350px-Pakistan_and_its_three_biggest_Economies.png

Pakistan and its three biggest city economies.
The table below lists the top cities by their PPP GDP, based on a 2016 Pricewaterhouse Coopers study and is not comparable with the figures listed in the table above.

Rank City Province 2013 PPP GDP
(in USD)
Population
1 Karachi Sindh $144 billion 30 million
2 Lahore Punjab $76 billion 13 million
3 Faisalabad Punjab $43 billion 9 million

Which are top 10?

Lahore can't compete with Islamabad just because of area and natural scenery plus high population density.

True, Islamabad should only be compared to other planned housing societies being build all over Pakistan.

Which are top 10?

True, Islamabad should only be compared to other planned housing societies being build all over Pakistan.
No Idea
General Guess
Karachi, Lahore, Faisalabad, Sialkot, Gujranwala

@save_ghenda
An interesting read
The miracle that is Sialkot

Sialkot exports goods worth $1.6 billion every year. This is an incredible $4,000 of export revenue per capita. If the rest of Pakistan did exactly what Sialkot does, our export earnings would have been $675 billion — 25 times more than the current level. That would have made Pakistan the world’s sixth largest exporting nation, just behind Japan.

But that city still don't have public transport.

Top cities by GDP (PPP)
350px-Pakistan_and_its_three_biggest_Economies.png

Pakistan and its three biggest city economies.
The table below lists the top cities by their PPP GDP, based on a 2016 Pricewaterhouse Coopers study and is not comparable with the figures listed in the table above.

Rank City Province 2013 PPP GDP
(in USD)
Population
1 Karachi Sindh $144 billion 30 million
2 Lahore Punjab $76 billion 13 million
3 Faisalabad Punjab $43 billion 9 million
I was talking about tax revenue and all those cities you listed have very large populations. Islamabad makes up 0.8% of Pakistan's population but contributes 1% of Pakistan's GDP.

I was talking about tax revenue and all those cities you listed have very large populations. Islamabad makes up 0.8% of Pakistan's population but contributes 1% of Pakistan's GDP.
Just look at Sialkot above post.

Check the size population and revenue.

i will soon move to islamabad its city worth to live
Other than being properly planned and natural beauty, you won't find pandoos or bahi logs in Islamabad. Even the least expensive sectors like "I" will have decent educated people living there.

Other than being properly planned and natural beauty, you won't find pandoos or bahi logs in Islamabad. Even the least expensive sectors like "I" will have decent educated people living there.
yep i am fully agree with you sir . i fall in love with this city in 2010 when i first visited this place

Gharib Pakistanis ke khoon pasine ki kamai se banaya gheya hai Islamabad.

Islamabad annual budget is Rs 50 billion for city of just 1 million, of course it will be well developed compared to other unplanned cities with huge population.

It really makes my blood boil....Karachi is city of 20 million and what is her budget compared to Islamabad? :angry:

And what for Karachi?:sad::sad: you doesn't like Karachi

I have not seen Karachi city. Karachi has the Mausoleum of our Great Leader Muhammad Ali Jinnah. Now that's something Islamabad and Lahore Cities Lacks. So in my view City of Lights Karachi steals the show.

Karachi is Blessed with Goodness. :pakistan:
Mazar-e-Quaid-Muhammad-Ali-Jinnah-Mausoleum-Images-And-HD-Wallpapers-for-Mobile-2.jpg

Lahore and Karachi have some thing Islamabad dont have!! They provide food and shelter to their poor! Now that is something.

Otherwise no doubt that Islamabad is much better organized, clean and blessed with natural beauty and landscape.

well all of them are my cities, i lived in taxila right next to Islamabad so know it well and have enjoyed what it have to offer, i lived in lahore for my first job after graduation and wont ever forget the time spent there with my friends, that perfect life! I got my mobile snatched at drigg road COD Karachi where i was staying during a visit and well, surely wont forget that either. :cheesy:

Its my Pakistan and i love it all:yahoo:

Actually one find many paindus from Pindi and nearby rural areas in Islamabad, who are looked down upon by them. I also heard Islamabadis were not in favor of metro bus which only benefit people with no car.

Actually one find many paindus from Pindi and nearby rural areas in Islamabad, who are looked down upon by them. I also heard Islamabadis were not in favor of metro bus which only benefit people with no car.
I don't think so. Most pindi people come in as University/College students or they work in offices. I am talking about Pandos or bahi log living in general neighbourhood creating mess. As far as looking down is concerned, that's Pakistani nature. Even resident of Islamabad are divided into sectors. Guys from I sectors will not jump to make friend with G or F sector. F sector lads will hang out with their own rich type.

Islamabad house prices skyrocketed. Same house that was once 1.5 Crore 10 years ago, Is easily 10 Crore now.

I don't think so. Most pindi people come in as University/College students or they work in offices. I am talking about Pandos or bahi log living in general neighbourhood creating mess. As far as looking down is concerned, that's Pakistani nature. Even resident of Islamabad are divided into sectors. Guys from I sectors will not jump to make friend with G or F sector. F sector lads will hang out with their own rich type.

Islamabad house prices skyrocketed. Same house that was once 1.5 Crore 10 years ago, Is easily 10 Crore now.

Yeah I was talking about these same people, how shopping malls in Islamabad ban pindi boys/students unless they are with family. As I said Islamabad is like big housing society with proper security and restrictions. Otherwise it would be like any other city. It will be like Rawalpindi 2 basically. It should only be compared with other housing societies.

Back
Top Bottom